KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Raped

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Sex
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robeewis81

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Raped Reply with quote Back to top

In a late evening, on her way home, a seventeen years old girl was approched by two 70 years old. Both of them carried a knife. So afraid and deffense less, that girl was being a victm of a rape crime by the two old men. In an area where justice is not for verybody, tell me, you as a human being How would you react to such crime? What if the victime is a relative?

JenJen

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not quite sure I follow the scenario, Robeewis81. Could you please explain "In an area where justice is not for verybody".

Thanks.

JenJen

robeewis81

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JenJen wrote:
I'm not quite sure I follow the scenario, Robeewis81. Could you please explain "In an area where justice is not for verybody".

Thanks.

What I meant is that: the area the story took place, you need to have money in order to get justice. No matter what happened to you, if you don't have money nobody cares.

KREOLA

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ROBEE81,

I couldn't even began to tell you how I would react to such a crime Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
It's unacceptable to force or pressure yourself on anyone specially when it's not wanted!!!

JenJen

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that doesn't sound right at all. A crime is a crime. It shouldn't matter what your financial situation is. If a crime was committed against you, you should have every right to get justice.

That's got to be some sort of discrimination. I would just have to make noise about that injustice. I wouldn't stop until I was heard and my case was taken seriously.

JenJen

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Naturally, when justice does not exist in a place, you take it into your own hands. Look at a time to kill.

It depends on the person's personality. Some people, like my mom told me to always do, would leave it up to God. His justice is always guaranteed.

Some would take matters into their own hands and when a crime of that magnitude has happened to someone's daughter, mother, sister, wife, aunt... well, I can't say I blame them.

I personally can't tell you what I would do. I would have to be in the situation.

ReineDiana

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Raped Reply with quote Back to top

robeewis81 wrote:
In a late evening, on her way home, a seventeen years old girl was approched by two 70 years old. Both of them carried a knife. So afraid and deffense less, that girl was being a victm of a rape crime by the two old men. In an area where justice is not for verybody, tell me, you as a human being How would you react to such crime? What if the victime is a relative?

Reading your post, I take it you are presenting two different scenarios here...am I correct? the first one being a young lady of possible black descent, getting raped by 2 older white men... I may be wrong, but since your post made a reference of justice not being accessible to everyone as well as these culprits swinging knives, I am guessing they were strangers to her...

The other scenario has to do with someone getting raped by a relative...

I'd say for the first scenario, as long as there's evidence, meaning if someone were to examine the young lady, and they'd find semen in her private parts, she should report the crime...the good thing about this country is that they don't overlook evidence, at that point and time it would not be her word against them.

The second scenario, is kind of hard, for the simple fact that the victim might hesitate to report the crime, simply because others in her own family might see her as a trouble maker, someone who'se tearing the family apart. I am sure a lot of crime like these happen in the Haitian community, but they go unpunished for these very reasons. What to do in these situations...It's tough I know...but a crime is a crime. The other best option would be to remove the victim from that environment and cease all contacts with the abuser. If all fails at that point and time the last alternative would be to report the person, so that the person could hopefully get the help they need. Abusing a family member is psychologically wrong and not normal behavior.
-------------------------------------------------------
WYCLEF JEAN!

JenJen

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can see a lot of people taking matter into their own hands to get justice in a situation like that. I'd be hesitant to go that route. I would be too concerned about me or someone close to me getting hurt in the process. I would also be concerned about going to jail or someone from the perpetrator's side coming after me or my loved ones in retribution to what I did.

I would do the best that I could without breaking any laws. I would make the injustice public so that law enforcement would be embarassed and the city or country outraged. I wouldn't stop until justice was served.

JenJen

DANIELBONZAM

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the vast majority of cases, abuse is not discovered at the time it is happening because incredible pressure is put on the child to keep quiet; usually, the abuser tells the child they'll harm them or someone they love if they tell. Occasionally, an astute teacher or parent will notic sexual knowledge that seems inappropriate for the child's age, or unusual or sudden depression, aggression, or even suicidal tendencies. Or the child gets pregnant or picks up a sexually transmitted disease. Sometines, if the memory of abuse is buried, it can bust out later in life through some significant experience; perhaps when you have your own children or your kids reach the age when you were abused you know..

So if you feel more comfortable speaking to someone anonymously at first and would like to find a counselor in your area, I would recommend calling RAINN (the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) at 1-800-656-HOPE
Male wi....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Sex All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: