KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DIGICEL SPONSORS HAITIAN SOCCER W/ MULTI MILLION $$$ DEAL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raymi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: DIGICEL SPONSORS HAITIAN SOCCER W/ MULTI MILLION $$$ DEAL Reply with quote Back to top

Digicel Announces Sponsorship of the Haitian Football Federation
Historical Investment Made in Multi-Million Dollar Deal to Grow Haitian Football

By: PR Newswire
Mar. 15, 2006 04:00 PM

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti, March 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Digicel, the fastest growing mobile telecommunications operator in the Caribbean that is preparing to transform wireless communication services in Haiti, has announced an unprecedented multi-million dollar sponsorship agreement with the Haitian Football Federation (HFF).

The initial four-year partnership with the HFF is designed to grow Haitian football to its true potential in advance of Digicel's imminent launch in Haiti. Digicel's commitment represents the most significant, single corporate investment ever made in Haitian sport and in the National League's history.

At a recent gala to celebrate the new partnership between Digicel and the Haitian Football Federation in Port Au Prince, Mr. Paul Berne, Haitian Secretary of State for Youth, Sports and Civil Services, said, "Digicel's landmark investment in Haitian football marks a new era for the Football Federation and a very positive development for Haiti. The company's passion for delivering innovative technology and providing superior mobile phone services has earned Digicel phenomenal success over the past five years. We are confident that with this passion, Digicel is the right partner to grow Haitian football. We welcome Digicel's participation in the Haitian community and look forward to a long and rewarding relationship."

As a result of the partnership and sponsorship investment, 16 football teams and 550 football players from across the country will begin competing in Les Championnats de Digicel Division One. Digicel will supply new equipment and playing kits to all league teams and referees as well as additional training equipment for the National Senior Team.

Digicel will connect with fans by producing multifaceted promotional and viewing experiences. Football fans that support their local clubs throughout Haiti will experience football action at the top venues in the nation and through interactive mobile technology that brings Haitian fans closer to the game and to their football heroes.

Established in 1904, the Haitian Football Federation is one of the oldest in the region. Affiliated to FIFA in 1933, they have been taking part in regional international competition - when circumstances allow - for near-on three-quarters of a century.

"Football is the passion of the nation and our involvement will encourage great performances, support future football legends, and play a role in advancing the sport," said Ms. Ghada Gebara, CEO of Digicel Haiti. "From the onset of being awarded a mobile license in Haiti, we expressed our commitment to make an important contribution to the growth and development of Haiti's economy and society. Digicel takes enormous pride in becoming the official main sponsor of Haitian football. We are very excited about launching in Haiti and greatly enthused by the warm welcome we have been receiving from the community."

Digicel was awarded a GSM license to operate in Haiti in June 2005. With investments in the region at US$1 billion, Digicel operates in 15 countries across the Caribbean and employs over 1500 people of which 92 percent are Caribbean nationals.

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EXCELLENT MOVE Cool

BON elite en haiti an pa RONTE QUITE SE ON ETRANGE KI VINI FAIS POU NOUS....MIN PROBLEM HAITI OUI......TI SA ELITE LA ..TI FAMILLES KAP DIRIGE 99% ECONOMY PAYS A TE KA FEL ET REFEL.....ANYWAY....HAITI NEEDS MORE AND MORE OF THESE INVESTMENTS Idea

Xcel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Se sa minm yo pa vle fet. Eh bien, se sa minm ki pral fet paske tre bien top Bresil, Argentine, Chilie, ap ginyin invenstors ki ap vini investi nan payi'a.

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is great news for Haitian soccer and fans!

That partnership is very promising. I truly hope it will improve Haiti's soccer level and the interest of Haitians not only into Brazil and Argentina teams but also the national Haitian team and the league.

Btw, I completely agree with you Fanm.

salime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know someone that must be happy with this move! Enfin un futur pour le football Haitien!

FUNKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

salime wrote:
I know someone that must be happy with this move! Enfin un futur pour le football Haitien!

Oh yes i know him too Laughing Wink...Antouka great move Wink

salime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy ou sou main wi ou Funky

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fanm you are so right, SOME elite families in Haiti usually think inside the box and never think of the BIGGER PICTURE. They can't fatham doing anything that will benefit anyone else. It's sad but its so true.

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if u ask me most if not all of them are on equipe MALPROPRE... Idea ..YO PAP INVESTI MINM NAN ON BON LOPITAL NAN PAYS A.....why depuis yo guin on tete fais mal se charter on elikopter ki pou either minnin yo miami or next door santo domingo......ti sa pa anyin pou yo te ka fais......on equipe retarde mental i label them...se fais kob AND THEN WHAT..... Idea

Raymi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Famn,

3 years ago, While in Haiti, I visited my uncle's new house in Aristide's old stumping grounds in Tabarre.
The little area where he lives is filled with 1/2 a million to million dollar houses. But the one thing that struck me was the fact that the road was so bad. I asked him why don't they put together and pave and asphalt the road in their neigborhood, since it's obvious that his neighbors are loaded .
He told me that when he had mentioned something like that to his rich neighbors, they almost ran him out of the neighborhood.
The response was basically along the line: "Its the Govt's job."
So let's not hold our breath in thinking that these people will ever do anything unless it's on the WIIFM station.
If the roads in their own neighborhood is not their concern, why would they care about any one else.

Much love
Raymi.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: