KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHAT HAS KOMPA MAGAZINE DONE FOR YOU I MEAN YOU...YOU ..YOU.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calista

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have only been a member for a few months, but I have been reading on the board for quite a few years, this board has taught me a lot about the HMI, I learned about politics in the music industry, I learned about haitian music history. I have always been a huge haitian compa lover but I never fully understand the story behind such a beautiful music and I learned about different types of music and what they mean to certain people

KM has also taught me that there is a dark side to musiciens, they don't always get along, even within their own band. Sometimes members are only looking out for themselves instead of the group's best interest, that is why a lot of great bands eventually disgroup

Everyday, I read KM I learn something new, sometimes it's useful, sometimes it's useless (when people are here just to defend their favorite bands), but I am still learning.

Kimbe la pa lage KM

konpadiva

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I discovered Kompa Magazine in the Summer of 2000, right before I ventured to college. I just purchased my first computer and getting myself familiarized with the Internet. It was amazing to have a computer in your home with Internet. I lived on the computer then. I landed on the site by doing a search for “Compas” and landed right here. Actually, I would read the short articles of the online version of Kompa Magazine, however never subscribe. A very good friend of mines, Brother Semwen(former member) had the old issues and I would read them. I believe the old board started in Fall of 2000. A veteran member once told me it started before, however, I remember Fall of 2000. I registered under ladyv21, bellefemme, because I would come read the board every couple of months and could not remember the password I had. I was so busy with school and extracurricular activities; I did not participate like I wanted. However, I read the board religiously in between class. The old members I enjoyed reading very much Kafe(published articles in KM), WeekaH, Pocahontas(Her constructive criticism on Carmi’s album I still remember), LadyKreyol(still going strong), Sassoune, Semwen, Whipped Playa..wow! As time became freer for me and finishing school, I decided to rejoin(2004) under my current alias!! I thought I knew so much, but was extremely naïve and sheltered. The members here taught me more than I could ever imagine. Met great individuals here and formed close relationships. Mwen gin Northeast and here in my very own state. One person in particular I spoken too before but the board made us friends..unbelievable! I enjoy this site very much, gin positive, gin constructive critiscm the way it should be. I learned more about music(old school specifically), my culture and how Haitian Industry functions. (Things that I never knew). If it were not for LadyKreyol, I would have never known which album the Jacqueline Denis hit “Anko, anko” was on. Pipirite hooked me up Riské first album. I was having a hard time finding both…and so much more from other members. This place is a network. And I have to give my thank you to Patrick for starting this place up, I appreciate. KM has done tremendously for the business in terms of news coverage, broadcast events,and the power it has in the HMI.

I appreciate our Artists a lot more than before. Most work extremely hard to delivery a presentable product. Therefore, I advocate to stop the bootlegging. Cool

cici

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well through KM, I learned so much about the Haitian culture and Compas. I learned so much from other people and a lot of the topics always make a point here and there. The people on this board are very friendly and openminded...

KARAMEL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah Comme je dis toujours... KM est ma deuxieme maison... Ma consoeur de presse, la familia sister mwen Sexybrownsugar introduced me to Kompa Magazine ca fait deux ans de cela... Depi l'heure sa, mwen fait bor icit la tounin resource/kay mwen... J'ai beaucoup appris sur le jazz, kompa, notre musique, culture etc... En plus j'ai eu l'opportunité de travailler sur Radio avec the DJ Master Mingolove ( a deux reprises)... Sa vin'n ouvri porte pou mwen fait spot publiciter pour Radio nan Miami...

Kisa enkor... Laughing
Ah dis donc... I got reunited avec la LAFAMILIA posse mwen yo ( Sanrick, Sassa, Sexy, Funky, Kafou, Love, EY ) N some of my schoolmates ( LadyNad, Calista, Zabel, Sapotille etc) I met quite wonderful KM members... They know who they are... Wink My family(excluding le monsieur) reads the board frequently... Tout moun lakay mwen konnin " KM KM" especially la madre... Fanmkonese she is one of fan, (I believe I said that here bfore) Laughing

Enfin se "T-KM Cheri" mwen reller board moun yo telman mwen santi mwen nan po mwen sou site la Smile

Aight later,

One Luv,

Kara

Haitianone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KM is the best news source in the HMI. SCOOPs to amazing interviews and up to date news. I really know what is going on from musical trends to big changes in the industry. KM is an insider guide. Unbelievable!!!!

Machiavel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In NYC, Radio Staion WINS has a slogan, 'You give us 10 mins, we'll give you the world." This about summons up KM when it comes to the HMI.

Maddy_Kreyolla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what I've been reading, from the time I started to read this "PUBLIC FORUM", is that some of you put peoples private lives at stake. and it's not right or fair to them, although there is a saying that nothing is fair in life.

Also some of the members talk too much and talk amongst each other without the other person knowing that so and so knows who you talking about on a personal basis. Been there done that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some like zin and tripotage (unsure of the spelling), which is not good.

After a while hear and interacting with some of you, then I can say on a personal basis what KM have done for me.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW...You were SO EAGER to join this forum because of what YOU posted that we are about?

WOW....NAP SUIV OU SOU DOSSIER SA Madame.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We just caught a DOUBLE AGENT by looking at our database.

DOUBLE AGENT...CAUGHT....EXPELLED FROM THE BOARD!

MADDY...WILD and li FLIRT ampil

KM!

Alexavice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rete! Rete! Shocked Shocked

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: