KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHAT HAS KOMPA MAGAZINE DONE FOR YOU I MEAN YOU...YOU ..YOU.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: WHAT HAS KOMPA MAGAZINE DONE FOR YOU I MEAN YOU...YOU ..YOU. Reply with quote Back to top

Well i have been a km member for a little over 4 years.....been there done that....had a parole ampil at some point with almost everyone....and i dont regret a thing....now....since joining THE BOARD I HAVE LEARNED A LOT ABOUT THE HMI.. Laughing ....KM HAS OPENED MY 4 EYES BASICALLY......IN A LOT OF WAYS.......

I WILL COME WITH MY LIST SHORTLY.....HOPE U GUYS WILL BE SINCERE AND SPILL IT FROM THE BOTTOM OF YOUR HEART...........sak hook up la....sak pral fais titite la.....sa kap chiachia la....sak vini popular la....sa musician vini konnin la...sak vini sous moun la.... Laughing Laughing .enfin AMPIL BAGAY PASSE LA....AND WE ALL HAVE KOMPA MAGAZINE TO THANK FOR.....

MY LIST..........

NOW I COPY LESS CDS...BELEIVE ME.....i make an effort in term of BUYING CDS....I STILL WONT BUY JUNKS.....BUT IF ITS REAL GOOD I WILL TRY MY BEST TO GET IT.....THAT'S A BIG TURN AROUND FOR ME...180 DEGREES...BECAUSE I APPRECIATE MUSICIANS MORE....BEFORE JOINING KM....MWEN PAT PRAN MUSICIANS POU ANYIN...TO ME THEY WERE ALL LOOSERS.....BUT NOW I HAVE A GREATER APPRECIATION FOR THE CRAFT......parce ke sa yo ap fais A mwen pa ka fel......again i am talking about the REAL MUSICIANS HERE....PA TI MUSICIANS BOQUIERE YO NON......

I got to go now i will add to my list.....hope u will share your experience here as well......

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just can't get enough of it............... woy i know i'm going to get it but that's just what i love .............and i know Fan'm bral vin'n deyem tale laaaaaaaaaaa. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Man Km been great , can't think now let me go and come back so i could writte a nice dicitation .................. Arrow

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What has KM done for me.

Well I am considered one of the ancient members of the board and trust when I say this, KM has grown tremendously and become a major force in the industry since the ol' days of the board. My main reason for becoming a member of KM was so that I could FINALLY talk to others about my favorite subject which Haiti and it’s music. The beginning stages of the KM board was a lot different than it is today, back than it was a simpler more innocent time, I can’t really explain it but it was in my opinion, and some say it was better time but I don’t see it as better just different. I am pleased to say that I am not the only ancient member of the board and yes I do miss some old members that for some reason don’t come here as much or not at all but it is all good because we still have in my opinion one of if not THE BEST music board in our community. KM has gotten better with age and I hope to remain a member as long as KM will have me.

Short list What has KM done for me
It has gotten me tickets to certain events through the years.
FREE CDs (Always a plus)
I have made some good friends.
I have a better understanding on the GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY side of the HMI.
I am not as naĂŻve as I use to be. (Back in the day I rarely said anything negative about anything, I was such a passive poster by nature)
I read kreyol a lot better since I have become a member (mostly because of Pocahantas)
I am more knowledgeable about Haitian music (thanks to my KM brothers and sisters who are willing to share they knowledge with us)
I have had the opportunity to talk to some of my favorite artists and tell them how much I have appreciated their work over the years.
Lastly, KM has made it possible for me to vent my frustrations with my people, my culture and our music and I hope by doing this it might lead to solutions.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm going to be brief:

WITH KM....MWEN APPRAN ANPIL BAGAY NAN MUSIK....AND THAT'S A BIIIGGG PLUS... Wink

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It has been so long ago since I join this board man... and I love every moment of it.

When I join this board, I thought I know my Music and my culture...ummh
It has been a great learning process here. I learn something new everyday.

What can I say: I became a reporter here Laughing KOMPA TABASCO, HELLO.
Meet some very interesting people who share the same passion for KOMPA.

Eventhough, I missed some of the ancient members: POCA, TONY, SONY, FOULOPTION, WHIP PLAYA, WEEKENDALHAITIENNE. but the new one
keep the game going.

SIROMYEL, PHIZUNIQ, KAFOU, H1, FUNKY, SANRICK, YANVALOO, RAYMI...

This place is very dear to my heart and I thank Pat for giving us all this opportunity.

T-BOXER, LADYK, KUNTA, PIPIRITE ann kontinyé fèl tandé...

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NEGKREYOL, Suspan'n **** fe menti nan sit la Wink (inside joke)

But all jokes aside, I here you and I will try. Very Happy

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was introduced to this site through negkreyol actually, and I fell in love with it since the first time I l ogged on. I finally joined it a year later and wow!!! now It has become ind inspensable.

it has increased my love for kompa.

It has increased my knowledge of kompa histopry. Believe or not I didn't know how Nemours jean Baptiste was until I started reading this board. Even though I always loved kompa

I know who is who in kompa: who was who in kompa; who will be who in kompa

i know how talented our musicians truly are.

like ladyk said, I know hte good, the bad and hte ugly of this industry.

and of course, I can always count on getting at least one good lau gh on km per day.

kafou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kafou;

mwin minm se Sex Section ki fe'm Rantre nan km. music la se te yon after toughts, until yo koumanse pale de djakout, then everyone know what's up.

on a personal level, i have couple of members that are Sisters to me, they give me advices, tell me about my negative and positives, and i am thinkfull for that. Fanmkonese i want to tell you that it is an honor to be you little brother, Labelle007 a former km member who still treat me as her little brother.

Mimie my love ou konnin mwin pap lague'w cheri, Joana bellllllllll zotey mwin pap janm bliye'w,.

Diva Duck, Princesscapoise, anpil love pou nou medames.

Kreola cheri ou konnin ke ou pa fouti pa la.
Epi Young70 my darling thanks for being the friend that you are, and thank you for having my back.

and i also have some big brothers in here as well, Ti-Boxer, Kunta, Yanvovo, Pipirite and others, sorry if i don't put every single individual names in the list.

Sanrick Eleve Juvenat pareille mwin nap toujou Jiskozo epi Ninpotkijan, Duke li minm se Dj Normal mwin brother solid.

From the botom of my hear, Kafou apresye nou tout epi merci anpil.

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

KREOLA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

During my younger/teen days I never appreciated my community...Actually, I was clueless when it came to our musicians/bands and many other topics.

Being a member... I have learned from many others about our industry and I can make the comparison between the AMI and the HMI.
Secondly, I've also had the opportunity of meeting and chatting w/some very nice members.
Lastly, I support more often: Events, CD's, DVD's, etc.

belchokola

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did not grow up listening to kompa music, so through KMag.....I've learned a great deal about the music, and the artists. My interests in going to bals have increased as well..when I have the time. Also purchasing Also I listen to kompa more than I do anything else...

Interacting with some members on the board...or offline has also been good. My Kreyol has also picked up as I am not a fluent speaker.

Lastly, learning more about the Haitian culture, through music and everyday discussions.

Plus some of the gossips that are on here...are off da chain hilarious!!! Wink Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: