KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DP EXPRESS: RARE DP BAL LIVE CHATEAU ROYAL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM MP3/VIDEO SECTION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kunta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: DP EXPRESS: RARE DP BAL LIVE CHATEAU ROYAL Reply with quote Back to top

I will be adding DP EXPRESS video of a 1986 bal. This is the final days of DP EXPRESS with Larose and Dumas as the lead singers. Most of the original musicians left Haiti for the USA. The larose era DP EXPRESS also was a huge in Haiti. Excuse the video quality. It is a VHS I converted to digital format. This is rare archives that should be enjoy in any format.

The video is from a bal at CHATEAU ROYAL 1986. The first clip is the HOMMAGE to TIMANNO. I will have more DP EXPRESS, and GEMINI ALL STARS DE TIMANNO video clip coming soon under this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajxkP31IiME

Pale Pale ou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viMUO7R6LEo

HERE'S WHAT A FULL BAND LOOKS LIKE

Last edited by Kunta on Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Melokompa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Kunta, for how long Larosse was in DP Express? Is Damas still singing?

Melokompa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damas brought tears to my eyes when he starts crying. Ti-Manno rest in peace.

Kunta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GgKwPF0gvaM

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kunta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

melo I made a type of the name. It is Dumas rather Damas. Damas is the sax player for Accolade. Larose and Dumas (late 85 to 86).

Neganro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you so much for this memorable video. Even though it brought tears to my eyes as Dumas was singing, but I really enjoy it. Is Dumas still alive? I heard that he passed, any true to that?

Kunta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DP performing NEGRIE. This song is hot! Eddie Woolly was on fire on the guitar.

Negrie Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpljbWcDdHU

Negrie Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeYdg16WP3s

Melokompa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Kunta, you've made my sunday.
This is how a live performance should be, no rele anmwey, Larosse and Damas were great together? Who's that tambourineur? I like the way he plays the tambours.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM MP3/VIDEO SECTION All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: