KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

COMPARE KREZI AND KREYOL LA 1 BY 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: COMPARE KREZI AND KREYOL LA 1 BY 1 Reply with quote Back to top

I was having a comparison with my friends tonight about Krezi Mizik and Kreyol La. We compared each musician according to their skills and what we've heard from Krezi Mizik and Kreyol La last live album. Who do you guys think is the better musicians and why.

(Keyboard/programming) Maestro David Vs. Maestro Ti Ansyto
(Lead Vocalist) Mika Vs. Ti Joe
(Lead Guitar Player) Delis Vs. LouLou
(2nd Guitar) Mika Vs. Theo
(Bass Player) Ti Basse Vs. Stanley
(Drum Player) Roosevelt Vs. Vladimir
(Percussions) Sego, No comparison because Kreyol La doesn't have one; they program it. Wink

My pick:
I pick David because in my opinion, he is a way better keyboard player/programmer than Ti Ansyto and has more experience. I think Ti Ansysto could become great but he goes over the drum too much; he needs to learn how to play with the drum; and he has to do better accompaniment with the guitar. Ti David experience from Djakout helped him a lot in that category; he could deal with a live band way better than Ti Ansyto.

I pick Ti Joe because he is simply better than Mika when we are talking Konpa. If we want to take it elsewhere I would pick Mika for versatility.

Delis and LouLou, I don't know man; I'm staying neutral on that one.

For the second guitar, I have to pick Mika because Ti Ansyto pa ban mwen tan poum tande neg la. So, I don't really feel Theo much but I heard some good stuff from theo though.

Bass Player, I stay neutral on that one either because Ti Basse is playing way harder note than stanley but Stanley is a hell of a bass player.

Drum Player, Roosevelt is simply better than Vladimir.

In my opinion, The maestro and the drum player are the main differences between the two bands and Krezi Mizik is winning on these two categories. Krezi even have percussions; which Kreyol La doesn't have. Krezi is also playing a more promising format in my opinion.

I believe Krezi Mizik is a better band than Kreyol La that is why I'm so crazy for Krezi. What do you guys think? Please leave fanatism aside.

Last edited by DJ Pepla on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My pick goes to David. Two different styles, plus David is more versatile in my opinion. Besides, too many recycled Top Digital grooves by Ti Ansyto.

Ti Joe. Ti Joe presents a better overall package (animation, song-writting etc). Mika is getting there.

Damn that's a tough one. I would have to go with Loulou for the simple reason that he's proven himself already (3 Konpa Kreyol albums)

No Pick. Mika rarely plays the second guitar based on the several KREZI bals that I've attended

I'll go with Ti Basse.

Keep working Vladimir.

(Percussions) Sego, No comparison because Kreyol La doesn't have one; they program it.

Mwen KREZI epi case close!!!

Last edited by Gromosso on Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing Kreyol la ahas onk rezi is is tijoe's better ability to sing kompa than Mika.

krezi is better in every other way. Hey mezanmi mwen dako ak djpepla nan question david avec drummer a. (lapli pral tombe). Those two work amazingly well together. Just like baby ray and sonson.

Anyway, I think it's clear that I prefer krezi to kreyol la, no bias. However, I do think that krezi can benefit from a second singer who can sing kompa. No necessarily a heavy kompa singer. I think hte combination will work well with Mika.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When it comes to the women, Kreyol La wins outright. Actually, I have a better chance to meet my future wife at a Kreyol La bal then a Krezi. In some cases, this component will outplay anything musical criteria. It is true. Laughing Laughing

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
When it comes to the women, Kreyol La wins outright. Actually, I have a better chance to meet my future wife at a Kreyol La bal then a Krezi.

H1,

Hmmmm... Who are you talking about exactly???

Don't be shy brother... You've been sayin that for a while now. Show us what you got. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by PhizUniq on Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

trackmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
When it comes to the women, Kreyol La wins outright. Actually, I have a better chance to meet my future wife at a Kreyol La bal then a Krezi. In some cases, this component will outplay anything musical criteria. It is true. Laughing Laughing

It's true, It's true ohhhhhhh It's true!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Phiz

Brother, I had some good friends that went to kreyol la in Florida. He came out depressed, the reason being he was married. He told me if he could live at that bal he would but his wife would have a problem with that and involves lawyers and a court house.

Word on the street some of these fine Kreyol La women have now made a pack with themselves to add more male fans. The pack comprises if you want to talk to them you must be a kreyol la fan. I would lie to say that but they read my posts on KM and they know I am not a fan.

Anpil traka!!!!

Don't bring up Krezi!!!!

Enfin

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I see what you're saying man. They call it the "Bandèyè" Hmm... se pa jwèt!

But you know what... You still haven't answered. Who are you falling for? Laughing

Last edited by PhizUniq on Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My pick goes to David. Davidoff is a force. epi that's it.

Ti Joe. He is just so charismatic...

Loulou is one of my favorite guitar player...as much as I like Delis, Loulou's grooves always touches my heart.

Mwen poko vreman we ni tande yon nan yo.

I'll go with T-bass But with Stanley in the song writing department...He is just amazing.

Roosevelt, Roosevelt, did I say Roosevelt...ANMWEYY Roosevelt.

(Percussions) Sego

Mwen telman KREZI, MANRAJE

DJ PEPLA...I need to talk to you before Saturday. Give me your contact in the let's talk section.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Phiz

In this department, I am batting 0 for ---. Too embarassed to say Laughing Laughing

Sou dossier sa about certain Kreyol La fans mwen maron. Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: