KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DIGICEL IS SHOWING THE HAITIANS ELITE HOW TO DO BUSINESS.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xcel

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: DIGICEL IS SHOWING THE HAITIANS ELITE HOW TO DO BUSINESS. Reply with quote Back to top

After I read the news this morning I am now convinced that DIGICEL is for real. There was no reason haitian people couldn't have the same service that we in the US are getting. As always in Haiti SE MACHE NOIR KI TOUJOU GINYIN. By the way three of the top senior managements are Haitian women studied in the US.

boulevardestubes

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Xcel, you should post the article for I would like to read it. Yes I have been hearing some things about them. As a matter of fact, I hear that they’re merging with Haitel and others. Haiti se yon te vierge pou bizniss--and as you stated yap fe elite Haiti yo kon Goerge. My only concern is that they are not native so eventually, they will be taking their profits away as well. I wish that some Haitians with business savy would invest in the country as well.

Xcel

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, not so fast boulevard,

they already invested in the football federation and Preval just annouced in Canada that he will privatize the TELECO AND THE BANK NATIONAL DE LA REPUBLIQUE. in that case if they refuse to make a change in the constitution I guess any Hatian american/Canadian/ could go and open their own business.

boulevardestubes

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Xcel wrote:
Well, not so fast boulevard,

they already invested in the football federation and Preval just annouced in Canada that he will privatize the TELECO AND THE BANK NATIONAL DE LA REPUBLIQUE. in that case if they refuse to make a change in the constitution I guess any Hatian american/Canadian/ could go and open their own business.

I don't have problem with privatization as long as a greater percentage remain in the hand of the government. Maybe, Teleco could be privatized but I don't feel too good about La Banque Nationale de Haiti. To me some things need to stay under national sovereignty.

Xcel

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right about that but, untill we can change the mentality of our leaders maybe this is the path we should take. what do you think?

Chachou

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: DIGICEL IS SHOWING THE HAITIANS ELITE HOW TO DO BUSINESS Reply with quote Back to top

Xcel wrote:
After I read the news this morning I am now convinced that DIGICEL is for real. There was no reason haitian people couldn't have the same service that we in the US are getting. As always in Haiti SE MACHE NOIR KI TOUJOU GINYIN. By the way three of the top senior managements are Haitian women studied in the US.

That is great. I think I know what you are talking about in terms of partnering and all that good stuff. It's funny because I had a very lengthy conversation with a friend about that very same concept of Haitian businesses banding together to deliver great products. I hope there is a package type deal in the works so that all Haitians can get phone service and not just a few who you knows.

"The Brightest Future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches." Anonymous

Xcel

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chachou,

Actually there is. Now you can get free activation/upcoming calls, no raoming. You can even use your phone outside the country according to Digicel.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what I heard, if you returned your phone (Haitel etc...) they will give you a new Digicell phone. It's free from 5PM-5AM and free week-ends.

That's great news though!

islandprincesse

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is good news for wireless customers in Haiti.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: