KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Didi Santana is he the best right now in the game...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Didi Santana is he the best right now in the game... Reply with quote Back to top

Last night at Final mix recording studio in Queens Ny I had the opportunity to watch this very young gentlemen at work...
As a musican / Producer that's been in the HMI for the pass 14years I must say it takes a whole lot to impress me... this kid did that and beyond.
To my knowledge he and le Maestro are working on a project that will be extremely guitar oriented to me a CD 101.9 type of material.
Offcourse with the experience and knowledge of Jocel this project has the potential of being a classic it is amazing how Jocel is giving Didi carte blance to express himself in ways that is simply legendary.
I truly believe that when you have a gift you have to nuture it... this kid cherishes his gift and every time he touches the guitar his entire attitude changes... Potential for greatness and the crazy thing is he is still in his early 20's....
Simply amazing keep it up Didi... man I am so proud that you are one of us "Haitian"

Madman JP...

pipirite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update, Madman!!!

I have some questions!!!

Is his guitar playing beyond the level he showed us in K Dans?

What kind of music can we expect on this album?

If you would compare Didi's style to another guitarist in the industry (old or new)...who would that be?

Madman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: DIDI... Reply with quote Back to top

Pipirite...

how are you my friend? hope all is well with you and yours...

To answer your question it is kinda weird cause his work with K-dans was always ok to me cause it is usually on a kompa level... When you have worked with the likes of Makarios Cesair, Garry Josama, Ralph Conde anything else is really ordinary (the norm).

This kid to me is a mixture of Dadou pasket, Makarios and a twist of Ti polis all mixed in one plus his own identity.

The project from what I heard is a mixture of instrumental kompa - world beat - fusion with a touch of brazilian groove that is phenomenal. What really caught my attention the most was the instrumental kompa didnt even think I would like something like that but if it's tight my friend you have to say it's tight.

I also had the opportunity to meet King D from what I heard another very talented gentlemen low key and polite... it was really nice being in the studio with these guys and offcourse Mr class act le Maestro.

Madman JP.

Last edited by Madman1 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

pipirite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks my man...

Everything is well, my friend!!!

Well, thank for your quick responses and with I will make sure that I will check out that CD!!!

Tetkale

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked
Madman, I must admit your post shocked me. So far Didi hasn't proven anything to me, both on the cds he played on and when I saw him live (Dega & Kdans). If I compare him with most of the young guitar player his ok no more (based on what I heard and saw so far...) Laughing

Based on your experience in the business, if this project you're referring to is Didi' solo project, I guess I'll check it out.

Quote:
This kid to me is a mixture of Dadou pasket, Makarios and a twist of Ti polis all mixed in one plus his own identity.

This is the statment that most caught my attention. Dadou is the reason I picked up the guitar and Makarios I the reason I keep at it...
Now you got my hopes up for that project. I'll listen to it when it comes out... Pa fè san'm cho pou anyen non Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just kidding, I'll give it a listen. Hopefully Didi will come out of "the ok" category after this one.

Choices, not luck make up someones destiny...

islandprincesse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow the title of the post really had me to a double-take Madman Shocked Without playing the guitar or being in the industry and seeing/hearing Didi I would classify him as a good/ok guitar player but as you've mentionned that's compared to our guitar geniuses (Dadou, Makarios, Ralph and more). Hopefully his upcoming project will show us more of his skills and talent.

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A MADMAN...DEPUIS OU OUE TOUT APLODISSEMENTS SA YO POU DIDI.........i bet DIDI AP FAIS 2..3...TI KOUT GUITA SOUS ALBUM DOLA OU AN....YES OR NO....OUI OU NON......Pa dim DJREY LAGE'W NAN RELIGION DIDI SANTANA SA.....parce que si ou pa veye kow....ou pral lwe saint didi sa ok A LA MANIERE DE DJ REY....SO VEYE ZO'W MADMAN.... Idea ...

TI GENRE DE POST SA YO SO PREDICTABLE......

NOW you got me wondering MY MADMAN.....on ti question....SI GEORGY TA FAIS CHOEUR NAN ALBUM OU AN...WOULD U COME HERE AND TELL US THAT GEORGETTE IS DA BADDEST VOCALIST IN THE BUSINESSS....most likely YOU WOULD.....

A LA DE HISTOIRE.........PARTNER A BON....MIN LI PO KO MARKE'M.....MAYBE SE NAN DJAZZ LI YE YO.... Idea

DJ REY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fanm tout moun gen yon SAINT yo lwe nan la vi sa but at the end nou toute ap tann yoN " SAINT KANTEKOB" koulye a si ou pa louwe Saint paw la wa va tounen yon "SAINT DINDIN" Laughing

Di diab bonjou Twisted Evil pa dil bonjou lap manjew kanmenm. Evil or Very Mad

Si Madman tap talktrash ti bonhom nan ou tap kouri deyel lap konplimantel ou kouri deyel ENFin

Madman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: DIDI... Reply with quote Back to top

Fanm cheri an mwen...

One think that I know for sure that you know about your Madman is that I speak what I feel... I just happen to stop by at the studio cause i was in the area just to surprise Le Maestro... I never met Didi before and didn't even know that he was going to be there.
NO! he will not participate on our project cause we do have a guitar player that we are very proud of.
And you of all people know how I feel about MR Rey... so I really meant what I said this kid really has a lot of potential and this project will set him apart from all the rest... cause it is his first solo work and he knows how some feels about him out there so he will pull all the stops...
Let us keep this one positive cause our young musicians needs our support.

Madman.

Madman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: DIDI... Reply with quote Back to top

duplicate...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: