KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Who would you say has the fastest fingers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yanvaloo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who? wrote:
How did Reginald make it to the bottom of the list?

Wap suiv Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Quote:
Where do you leave, Ricardo Franck aka Ti Plume. Go listen to Ambassadeurs Carnaval :"A Pied Nou Ye" and tell me what you think.

Hehehe , you made me go back but Anyway it was easy since i'm working on old stuff this week dagggggggggggggggggggg.

So who do you guys think have the faster Fingers we debating but didn't see anything yet. I want some name so i could find the stuff and relive here. Help me out here.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guys the list was made at random in no particular order.
I didn't number it 1,2,3 or best and worse.
To tell you the truth, I know Reginald better and longer that all the other guitarists listed above and /or may be longer than you too.I'm talking about the 1970's since he was with LES FRERES DEJEAN,and he has family here in D.C. He came here often to practice with Fritz,an even better guitarist.
Too bad you guys don't know his cousin Fritz Gerald Aubin .Fritz only play with American bands,He is the younger brother of Jean Claude Aubin ex guitarist of Webert Sico's band "Cadence Rampa"

Now let's move on with the thread: FASTEST FINGERS
I said Dadou
Who do you say?

Machiavel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was at Le Manior on Nostrand attending a System party, and the band was playing without a keyboard player. I was in awe to see how flawlessly Reginald handled all the keyboard sessions on his guitar.

Reginald has the fastest fingers around. I have also listened to Top Vice where Robert Martino struggled badly to play Reginald in "Ou Trompe-m"

Kunta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will have to say DADOU comes first

One thing...Machie don't compare the disoriented modern Robert Martino with the MArtino of the 1970s and 1980s. Listen to his GYPSIES recording you will see a man with finger control. Once again to the fact that the Mini-Jazz were recorded in a live setting.

Eddie Woolly is pretty excellent himself. The AN SEPTIEME album is where you can hear Eddie at his best. The problem eddie has with Haitian musical history is that he left right when the generations changed batton in the mid 80s. Reginald is well know since both generation knows him well through modern music.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kunta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The disadvantage Reginald has is that he never played the two guitar mini-jazz style. Another the System BAnd's style is mid tempo...so he really never play on a fast tempo like Dadou, Robert, Eddie, even Ti Polis.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the style of music has changed. If youlisten to old GYPSIES/DIFFICILES/AMBASSADEURS/TABOU albums, the guitar was more prominent, and also the style of play was VERY VERY FAST. Today is NOT the same.

I MISS THOSE DAYS.

KM!

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would go with TOTO( Nemours or Sicot)..w'ay misie Toto, ROBERT MARTINO( his GYPSIES days) and TI PLUME.

By the way TI PLUME was the first haitian guitatist to play the guitar behind his neck in public in his B-TOPS days. The man was 14 years of age then.
No wonder why his nephew, NORLDY of CARIMI shows such showmanship and dexterity when palying live! Laughing Laughing

neg_montreal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

STaFF PoZé wrote:
A quick reminder of some famous guitarists -
Ti Claude Marcelin
Eddy Wooley
Ti Polis
Laporte
Ralph Condé
Robert Martino
Roberto Martino
Alex Tropnax
Elsé Pyroneau
Mario Mayala
Jhonny Frantz Toussaint (Ti Frè)
Ti Loulou
Didi Santana
Reginald Benjamin
etc..............

Tout nèg sa yo bon M'ap juste ajouté

Ti-plume
Jean-claude Jean(Tabou combo)
Ronald Smith(system band)
Marcelus (D'zine)
Gary Josama(Tabou combo)
Starvil (Maniak full djazz)

Montréalais et Jérémien pour toujours

"Pa suiv mwen, mwen jwenn kòb monnen sou dlo" Gazzman Couleur

Kunta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat this is why I keep saying they can't compare the old style guitarist with the new school style guitar style that came about in the mid 1970s with the FULL BAND format. If we really want to hear good guitar licks, we need a MINI-JAZZ session...which I will get my round table of CHAMPAGNA and Pipirite to select for a MINI-JAZZ session.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kunta....I totally agree.

Different styles/different era.

Example....The Robert Martino from TOP VICE/NU VICE is a BUM OF A GUITAR PLAYER compared to Robert when he used to be with LES DIFFICILES and THE GYPSIES.

KM!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: