KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Who would you say has the fastest fingers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Who would you say has the fastest fingers Reply with quote Back to top

Who would you say has the fastest fingers in Konpa. New or old school.

To start first I would say Dadou Pasket especially in his days with Tabou Combo in the album "The Masters"

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A quick reminder of some famous guitarists -
Ti Claude Marcelin
Eddy Wooley
Ti Polis
Laporte
Ralph Condé
Robert Martino
Roberto Martino
Alex Tropnax
Elsé Pyroneau
Mario Mayala
Jhonny Frantz Toussaint (Ti Frè)
Ti Loulou
Didi Santana
Reginald Benjamin
etc..............

Machiavel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How did Reginald make it to the bottom of the list?

Ab Normal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's the name of the younger dude playing live with skah shah? methinks he's good, too.

pipirite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting subject,

The younger dude is Makarios Cesaire...probably the most talented of our generation...

It is funny that you are talking about THE MASTERS because I was listening yo WRONG NUMBER today and was amazed by Dadou's dexterity with his fingers....

But there was some equally quick fingers at this period...especially that bands like GYPSIES and DIFFICILES were very "strings" oriented. so I would add

Robert Martino (listen to MIN DIABLE LA on the GYPSIES album)

Claude Marcellin

Eddy Wooley

Toto Laraque

NumberRon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pipirite wrote:
Interesting subject,

The younger dude is Makarios Cesaire...probably the most talented of our generation...

It is funny that you are talking about THE MASTERS because I was listening yo WRONG NUMBER today and was amazed by Dadou's dexterity with his fingers....

But there was some equally quick fingers at this period...especially that bands like GYPSIES and DIFFICILES were very "strings" oriented. so I would add

Robert Martino (listen to MIN DIABLE LA on the GYPSIES album)

Claude Marcellin

Eddy Wooley

Toto Laraque

Pipirite, Where do you leave, Ricardo Franck aka Ti Plume. Go listen to Ambassadeurs Carnaval :"A Pied Nou Ye" and tell me what you think.

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pipirit,
Since you have the album,in which song did Tabou sing "voyé alé, voyé alé, nap voyé'l alé."
By the way did you know that the song "Wrong Number" was to challenge Skah Shah that used to call themselves SKAH SHAH # 1.
This is why Tabou said in the song "Nap Maché ak Chiffron Poun Efasé Numéro."
They also came out with that song on the Eastern Parkway Labor Day Parade.

Let's not forget MARCELUS & REYNOLD NADER (SINSIN)

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NumberRon

Ricardo Frank (Ti Plume) Bon Bagay

Not only les Ambassadeurs,hope that you know he was one of the first musician,if not the first to come out of a popular band to do his Solo Album "Jovial Ti Plume" - He later did his own band Les Bitops before his re-instetment in Les Ambassadeurs in the late 1970's.

pipirite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Staff Poze,

It is in the song SPITFIRE...

I forgot about Ti Plume, Number Ron..this is why I always bow to you when I see you... Laughing

Ti Plume also played briefly for LES AMBASSADEURS main rival. LES LOUPS NOIRS!!!

Kunta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the old timers better. One reason for that was the way albums were recorded. They did not have to take a break. The band had to be ready to record LIVE specially during the Mini-Jazz era. The guitarist had to be on pont since it was a LIVE style record session. What you hear from Dadou, Robert, and Eddie were the real game not a sample recording session.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: