KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TO YOU WHAT IS THE NEXT SUCESSFUL BAND?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Super Duke wrote:
May I add "What's up" and "Rev an mwen" were potential hits...Rev an Mwen won Km's battle of the bands.....Pat that was a great idea...but yo decourage'w sembler....enfin. Now new bands gets no exposure.

Duke, Preach to the quire!

Moun, Montreal, Ever heard of Krechendo?? I probably not!! Some good stuff! found the album online!

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Krezi Mizik and Fahrenheit!!!

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

trackmaster wrote:
DJ Super Duke wrote:
May I add "What's up" and "Rev an mwen" were potential hits...Rev an Mwen won Km's battle of the bands.....Pat that was a great idea...but yo decourage'w sembler....enfin. Now new bands gets no exposure.

Duke, Preach to the quire!

Moun, Montreal, Ever heard of Krechendo?? I probably not!! Some good stuff! found the album online!

Mezanmi krechendo ????????pa janm tande djazz sa yo non...mezanmi se vre wi....u learn everyday Rolling Eyes

USAhaitian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TO YOU WHAT IS THE NEXT SUCESSFUL BAND? Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Super Duke wrote:
When I say succesful I mean in the likes of Carimi, Tvice and others. I few months ago I would say Krezi Mizik....anf they have prove to us they are not no little band. Sowhat is the next group that is gonna prove themsleves next. Is it Fareinheit, NEKS, U5, or RAFRESHI, I heard ORIGINAL H is doing great in France. This is just to name a few.....

Its obvious that Nu-Look has prove themselves as a successful band but also to keep a close watch on is "Touch Kreyol", next major story.

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think the "NEXT" big band is gonna be a band like 509, T-Kazby, or Farenheit...they are have some nice stuff but are just missing the 'umph' to put them over the top....I don't know but I think that Mass Kompa may have a big year as well

kannannan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really know who is going to be next "super group", cause like DJK said u need the it factor and i don't really see it or feel it from anyone...
But I have been to 2 Touch Kreyol parties; mwen pap di ke se pa yo but fok yo fe anpil efo fok yo leve boneu anpil...

Also beware of MASS KONPA...

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
If Richie has a Konpa band, then I think that band will be successful.

Come on Partne' Pa fem sa! I'm glad that was a big IF!

Anyhow.. I am leaving Kreyola and Krezi since they are already established. I would say:

Fahrenheit! Elie being their new addition is a plus for the band.

Nomads!... From what i've been hearing, they seem to be tight.

Neks possibly.. They have a tight band but I can already foresee where their downfall may be. i'll let the audience be the judge..

Gromosso

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, Kreyol La is an established band. It's Konpa Kreyol (-) David (+) Ti Ansyto. They don't belong on the list of bands that are coming up.

KREZI Mizik will be the next band to make it big despite all the Big Daw Promoters barking at them. :lol:

5-0-9- is one hit away from making it big which I think will happen soon.

NEKS- I strongly believe they will come out with a good album. I like what I'm hearing live from NEKS.

Everybody else, keep working.

Madman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: next... Reply with quote Back to top

Dj Kreyol...

I see that you are sleeping on us... it is ok baby a fan I will turn into a family member you will want to be...

You guys have mentioned all the rest but the best is yet to come... actually a couple of the bands that you mentioned I would suggest they become ONE!

Gromosso....
Mwen konin se avem ou pral mache so that you can always provide the same super coverage that you did for the carnaval... cause I know you like what is good and on point...

Guys one thing that I would love for you all to start doing is judge these upcoming albums on different levels... meaning presentations. arrangements, SOUND QUALITY... cause a lot of these bands have been giving a lot of mediocre quality in sound... specially you DJkreyol mwen konin that you know what sounds GOOD!!!!

Like I've said we are the under dawgs nothing is expected from us.. but the excellence that we are as a goup expecting from ourselves.... single dropping sooner than you think!

Madman

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would say Krezi might reach the CaRiMi stardom.

Neks has the potential but our generation is not feeling this type of format for some reason.

Farenheit has the potential but no originality; they will make it if they persist but not compare to CaRiMi and T-Vice.

Kreyol La has potential to make it to stardom in the Haitian Market; abroad, I don't see it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: