KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TO YOU WHAT IS THE NEXT SUCESSFUL BAND?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To me the next successful band needs the following:

Good musicians

A Decent Studio album (at least one hit)

A Decent amount a promotion ( I mean a rep in HAIT, MIAMI, NYC, BOSTON MONTREAL doing real work)

Be able to travel (might have to do a fre promo party in each one of the market listed above)

and the rest just works by itself.

To me without mentioning Krezi or Kreyol la.

I'd say FAREINHEIT or NOMAD. assuming richie don't come out with a new band next week. Laughing Laughing Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dj K lol Their album was out since late 2004 early 2005! lol Ask superduke for it. Actually it received great ratings on a couple of Antilles Site and Cape Verdean websites. I listened to it and it definitly has good vibes and vocals. All the need is proper exposure in the New york And Miami market, Epi boom.

Tilouj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did not know that the Nomads had released an album already. Track, what is the name of it?

Machiavel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Super Duke wrote:
TM,

. to me Kreyol La and Krezi is already there.

Duke, why don't you tell us what those two bands have done or produced that made them successful?

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who? read carefuly...TO YOU WHAT IS THE NEXT SUCESSFUL BAND?

Not Current the NEXT

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tilouj wrote:
I did not know that the Nomads had released an album already. Track, what is the name of it?

The Nomads / The Untouchables

This is was written about them:
Lorsqu'on est nomade, on quitte le pire pour aller vers le meilleur et alors c'est tout un peuple qui marche, tout un espoir qui se met en marche ; Tel est le credo des "Untouchables". Le zouk et le Konpa est leur challenge, leur défi ! Les "Untouchables" sont Mark Gonçalves du Cap Vert et Pierre Huberson de la Gwada et Steve Durosier d'haiti ; ils portent au monde leur contribution au travers le konpa et le zouk, leur passion commune. Ce premier album est entièrement dédié au thème de l'amour, sous ses différents angles… Un album à offrir avec sa dulcinée !

trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Their are other bands out there we should discover since this is "Kompamagazine".

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

May I add "What's up" and "Rev an mwen" were potential hits...Rev an Mwen won Km's battle of the bands.....Pat that was a great idea...but yo decourage'w sembler....enfin. Now new bands gets no exposure.

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By the way moun Montreal yo...How you ya'll feel about MANIAK?

Duke

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Super Duke wrote:
By the way moun Montreal yo...How you ya'll feel about MANIAK?

Duke

JEZU MAITRE Rolling Eyes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: