KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TO YOU WHAT IS THE NEXT SUCESSFUL BAND?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: TO YOU WHAT IS THE NEXT SUCESSFUL BAND? Reply with quote Back to top

When I say succesful I mean in the likes of Carimi, Tvice and others. I few months ago I would say Krezi Mizik....anf they have prove to us they are not no little band. Sowhat is the next group that is gonna prove themsleves next. Is it Fareinheit, NEKS, U5, or RAFRESHI, I heard ORIGINAL H is doing great in France. This is just to name a few.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Map stilll repeter KREZI Laughing Laughing ..

but the next one after so far is NEKS

i've heard a couple of Neks live and one thing i can say....Djazz sa gin konpa tou... Wink

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me try to answer this question...

If Richie has a Konpa band, then I think that band will be successful.

After that currently, I can think of ONE band that will be SUCCESSFUL.

And that is Kreyol La.

The rest of these others bands have POTENTIAL, but potential isnt the "IT" factor.

trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: TO YOU WHAT IS THE NEXT SUCESSFUL BAND? Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Super Duke wrote:
When I say succesful I mean in the likes of Carimi, Tvice and others. I few months ago I would say Krezi Mizik....anf they have prove to us they are not no little band. Sowhat is the next group that is gonna prove themsleves next. Is it Fareinheit, NEKS, U5, or RAFRESHI, I heard ORIGINAL H is doing great in France. This is just to name a few.....

The Next group, is from Your Hometown superduke!

And i guess Krazi and Kreyol LA?

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel you DJ Kreyol...to me Kompa is on pause period right now untill the major bands drops their albums, but isn't smart for the newcomer to take the opportunity to make some noise.

Duke

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TM,

Are you talking about NOMADS or SPICE. I wann know what you think of these bands. to me Kreyol La and Krezi is already there.

btw. I came across a live version of the group "LEGEND" in haiti Live...the group is kinda tight. i thought they were only a RaRa/ Kanaval Band. Have you guys heard this cd. what do you think?

Duke

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Super Duke wrote:
I feel you DJ Kreyol...to me Kompa is on pause period right now untill the major bands drops their albums, but isn't smart for the newcomer to take the opportunity to make some noise.

Duke

I think some NEW bands might think that is a good idea and well it is, if you have the GOODS.

But if you dont, then it can be a MISTAKE.

The BIG-DOGS like Carimi, T-Vice, Djakout and etc.. can RELEASE average tracks and still be able to get through.

But these new bands dont have that LUXURY. So it essential to keep going back to the studio and FOCUS.

Duke, who do you feel will be the NEXT new band to be successful.

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Super Duke wrote:
TM,

to me Kreyol La and Krezi is already there.

Duke

Duke,

Kreyol La and Krezi poko rive SUPERSTAR band. They are getting there but they are not there yet.

trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SuperD, The Nomads. Aren't they working on their second album?

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

trackmaster wrote:
SuperD, The Nomads. Aren't they working on their second album?

I thought they were working on the first CD...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: