KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

La rebelle Movie Review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joana205

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: La rebelle Movie Review Reply with quote Back to top

La Rebelle Movie Review,

A movie by Sasha Parisot with actor Reginald Lubin. By far this is the best Haitian movie I have seen so far. The acting is very good considering it was for most of them their first time in front of a camera and they did an incredible job. The story is very realistic and the picture is very clear. This was a professionally done movie and it showed from beginning to end. Overall the movie was a blend of comedy and real social issues teenagers are facing in today’s society. I enjoyed every minutes of it. I would recommend it to all. The movie is about a spoiled 17 year old girl whose father started dating again and she is rebelling against the father and new girlfriend. I will not say more because I don’t want to spoil the movie but trust me it’s a must see.

joana205

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Movie premiere review.

What a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!
There was supposed to be two showing that day one at 6:00 PM and another one at 8:15 PM. When the promoter came to sell me the tickets I asked him what time will the movie start and he insisted it would start on time to come early. I gathered all the people that were attending the show with me and we headed there half an hour early. Thank god we stopped to get some food on the way. To make a long story short we entered the location at 5:45 only to find the place a little empty but I expected that since Haitian people are usually late. I took a seat and realized there was no projector, screen, speakers for the movie. Around 6:15-6:30 Came Reginald Lubin and Sasha Parisot but still no projector not sure what was going on the guys introduced themselves as well as the girl who wrote the script (I forgot her name) then made it a Q&A session with the public in order to kill time. 7:00 PM still no projector. Reginald started telling us some jokes to kill time again and still no word from the promoter. Between 7:00 and 7:30 the DJ responsible for the projector and sound finally showed up. Very unprofessional wires are all over the floor they did not even think about where they were going to place the screen so they had to forget about the screen and project directly to the walls. Thank god it was a white wall. After more than half an hour of trying to get sound one of speakers was not working no sound was coming out. Imagine the frustration some people had to leave because they had other engagements or out of disrespect. Now Sasha started to get mad one of the DJ asked him to play the movie with just one working speaker and when Sasha said no the DJ had the nerve to get mad and tell Sasha vin bat mwen si ou kapab. Sasha addressed the public once again apologizing for this inconvenient situation which was out of his control and said he had asked the promoter to come apologized to the public and he did not come. He said if it was not his movie he would have left a long time ago. Finally between 7:30 and 7:45 the sound was fixed then we hear that they will no longer have two showing since it was close to the 2nd showing time they would only play the movie once so all those that came for the 6:00 PM show had to wait for 8:15 for the movie to start. The finally around 8:00PM PROMOTER TET CHAT “FRANTZ DESIGN ENTERTAINMENT” came with a sorry excuse that it was not him but the DJ that came late BS….. By that time I did not want to hear any excuse from him. The only positive thing that came out of this nightmare was the movie and the interaction with Reginald Lubin and Sasha beside that I give this promoter ZERO BARE and I will not support anything he does for lack of respect.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow Shocked

Thanks for sharing Joana....At least i'm glad that u enjoyed the movie Wink

Can't wait to see it Very Happy

konpadiva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Joana,
Thanks for the review of the film. However, I am sorry to read of your experience. You would think the individuals behind the screening would be more professional.

Did they advertise any Florida screenings for the film in South Florida? I really want to see after seeing the preview on Kreyol TV.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

will try and check it out when it come sout on dvd. I am a big supporter of haitian cinema.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: