Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - Your Ultimate bal?
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Your Ultimate bal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What would guys think of a major old school combo like this

Tabou

Tropic

Kassav

Would you go?

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

trackmaster wrote:
What would guys think of a major old school combo like this

Tabou

Tropic

Kassav

Would you go?

Oh yes that should be a great party....Danmm but fok kassav ta vreman jwe mem jan ak Kassav lontan Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

kafou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pou tet Tropicana oui.

Tropicana laguer yon avant gou nan bouche mwin depi konpa festival annee passer, se yon stereo ki tap jwe ya oui. oui mwin ta rinmin aller pou tet tropicana.

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Krezi Mizik - Zenglen - T-Vice

or

Nu Look - Zenglen - Djakout Mizik

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trackmaster

If you put Kassav on that list I am definitely out. Certain members of Kassav has traditionally had problems with many Haitian groups and music. There are several members of that group that advocated putting restrictions on Haitian music then and still today.

Kassav has no business being involved with Haitians in general. That is my personal view. You can choose another Antillean act but this one out.

trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
Trackmaster

If you put Kassav on that list I am definitely out. Certain members of Kassav has traditionally had problems with many Haitian groups and music. There are several members of that group that advocated putting restrictions on Haitian music then and still today.

Kassav has no business being involved with Haitians in general. That is my personal view. You can choose another Antillean act but this one out.

I hear you loud and clear Haitianone, but do you think the average party goers know or care about that? Or would they be only concerned with attendind the bal??

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NEGKREYOL wrote:
My old school bands would be:

SKAH-SHAH

TABOU

LE who?

En Vérité m'tap rési **** sou. T-BOXER kot Heineken nan!

Pa pale bagay sa pitit gason'm! Mwen tap reserve 2 kes nan deye machine nan - ak tout glass bo kote yo!! ...and a couple of Raymi Martins for good measure. Oui!

For me - it'd be Mizik Mizik, System, Skah Shah - bal sa tap feros nan gou Boxer!

But there'd have to be a certain preferential make up - itd have to be the old Mizik Mizik featuring Obas or E. Charles - and Ti Frantz on bass.

System would have to include Ronald, Nes, and Ti Jean.

And Skah Shah...I'd go with Koko of Y. Abel - but it'd be a dream come true to have Ti Frere and Mayala...one more time. Just one more time Jesus. Please God! Crying or Very sad

Ti Boxer

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

trackmaster wrote:
Haitianone wrote:
Trackmaster

I hear you loud and clear Haitianone, but do you think the average party goers know or care about that? Or would they be only concerned with attendind the bal??

You are right there!!!! Many will not care.

LeMoMo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New Generation

KREZY all the way

NEW GENERATION FULL

NULOOK - ZENGLEN

OLD GENERATION

TABOU - MAGNUM BAND -FRERES DEJEAN -SYSTEM - SKAH SHAH

In my dream I would add MINI ALL STARS

Raymi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For me it would be a REUNION bal, with the following bands:

ZEKLE (R. Denis, Msuhi & Joel, Ti claude)
MIZIK MIZIK (bring back Vardy and E. Obas)
SCANDAL (The true Nouvelle generation)
CARRIBEAN SEXTET (Ti claude has to play here too. R policard, Toto, Boulo, Lionel Benjamin, Joe charles ect..)

One night only
Roseland ballroom, NYC.
Admission: $50. (no tickets sold at the door).

Much love
Raymi.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: