KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NANCY BACKUP TALKS ABOUT DJAKOUT'S NEW RULE ABOUT NEW BANDS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: NANCY BACKUP TALKS ABOUT DJAKOUT'S NEW RULE ABOUT NEW BANDS Reply with quote Back to top

We asked BACKUP co-vocalist NANCY her opinion on Roro Djakout's comment regarding a vote that the band has taken in which they've chosen NOT to play with bands that have no name, or bands that can't bring people to their parties, this is what Nancy had to say. Roro's statement came right after they played with BACKUP in Miami, even though he did NOT mentioned Backup in his statement.

NANCY: "I think Djakout has every right not to want to play with bands that have no names or that don't bring people to their bals. They are looking out for their business, we do not have a problem with that at all. ALL BANDS ARE THAT WAY...Yap suveille biznis yo."

NANCY continues: "If it were me, I would NOT do the same thing, because I believe in BACKING UP bands that are upcoming, but at the same time, I can understand that if DJAKOUT does not want to keep doing bals with "upcoming bands" if it affects the numbers in terms of attendance for their bals, and might have an effect on their popularity. Nou paka kont yo paske se biznis yo ke yap jere minm jan ak tout lot jazz."

KM!

zipgenel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

awwwwhhh.. a la sweet.. Laughing Laughing

but did nancy know that djakout came out with that decision after their bal with back up in mia?

JimBo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahhhhhhh man i tell you i like this young lady alot Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation she has sence, she does interviews well Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation i can feel it ,shes going to be a hell of a hmi star Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Cool

respect to you NANCY Exclamation Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ZIP

To answer your question....YES, I did mention that to her....and I also made it clear that Roro NEVER mentioned BACKUP, but I did say that decision was right after the DJAKOUT/BACKUP bal in Miami.

KM!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Danm that girl is intelligent, she nicely stated she did not agree but at the same time said they got to do what they got to do.

After the Georgy era, maybe the HMI women are growing some serious brain cells!!!!

This girl is definitely a leader!!!! Cool

There are veterans in this business who conduct themselves inappropriately!!!!!!!

Gromosso

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm liking Nancy more and more. Laughing Laughing Laughing A la timoun intelijante oh! Maybe Nancy can give Roro some pointers about Public Relations skills. Laughing Laughing Laughing

zipgenel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
ZIP

To answer your question....YES, I did mention that to her....and I also made it clear that Roro NEVER mentioned BACKUP, but I did say that decision was right after the DJAKOUT/BACKUP bal in Miami.

KM!

well I guess that Nancy don't wanna start trouble, or something... cause frankly if it was me, I would answer that in a different way... I bet you if it was the lead singer, he would answer differently...

Nancy, business is business.. you don't have to sound nice in other to avoid controversy... sometimes controversies might be beneficial. Wink

thanks km..

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, Finally one who can think and talk
i am liking you girl!!!!! i agree with your answer.

JimBo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zip map suiv ou wi Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
pa mete ti moun-na na problem mem ju zot na problem ak micky a no Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompared

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Folks who thought I was exagerated realize now this girl understands the business more than a lot veterans. You wanted proof from KOMPARED, this is IT.

NANCY is a SWEETHEART and street smart lady. Very Happy Very Happy

When asked by a radio annoucer the day before MIAMI showdown if she was willing to come on stage with the haitian bands in case she was called for back up, she said SHE WAS READY to help.

As a pay back, you know the rest of the story.... Very Happy Very Happy

You go girl...keep making them feeling guilty.... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Wink Arrow

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: