KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CLEF SIGNS A MULTIYEAR DEAL WITH THE NBA!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: CLEF SIGNS A MULTIYEAR DEAL WITH THE NBA!!! Reply with quote Back to top

NEW YORK, April 25 -- The National Basketball Association and Telemax, a free-to-air television outlet in Haiti, today announced a multiyear deal that will bring the 2006 NBA Playoffs to fans in Haiti. Grammy Award winning and Haitian born recording artist Wyclef Jean, founding member of the Fugees, and well known for his charitable acts in Haiti, is co-owner of Telemax and helped coordinate the deal to bring the NBA to his home country.

The multiyear deal with Telemax includes regular-season games, Playoff games and The Finals. Fans in Haiti will also receive NBA Action, an original series program, and NBA TV Daily, a daily service which offers a recap of all the latest news, highlights and statistics from around the league.

"This was inspired by my trips to Haiti where I saw the kids playing basketball in the streets," said Wyclef Jean. “The next step is to put courts up for the kids.”

The 2006 NBA Playoffs will be seen in 215 countries with broadcasts in 43 different languages via 164 different television partners. NBA TV, the league’s 24-hour basketball network, will carry playoff action to a record 41 countries.

On April 5, Wyclef teamed up with Samuel Dalembert of the Philadelphia 76ers, the only Haitian player in the NBA, to host Haitian night at the Wachovia Center as Philadelphia played host to the Chicago Bulls.

Dalembert has contributed close to $75,000 to his home country while Wyclef heads up YĂ©le Haiti (www.yele.org), a non-political organization intended to empower the people of Haiti by combining the power of music to assist in development in the areas of education, health, environment and community development.

About the NBA
The NBA, founded in 1946, is a global sports and entertainment brand that features 30 teams in the United States and Canada. During the 2005-06 season, the NBA will distribute 44,000 hours of programming to 215 countries and territories in 43 languages. The league’s worldwide reach can also be seen with 82 international players on NBA rosters. Domestically, the NBA will broadcast 142 games on national television this season on ABC, TNT, ESPN and ESPN2, and eclipsed attendance records for the third consecutive season.

NBA TV, launched in 1999 as the first 24-hour television channel created and operated by a professional sports league, is distributed to 41 countries. NBA merchandise is sold in more than 100,000 stores in 100 countries on six continents, NBA.com gets more than half of its visitors from outside the United States and the league has a record 19 global and country-specific marketing partners.

As fans witness tremendous performances on the court, some of the NBA’s most significant efforts occur off the court. This past year, the league launched its most ambitious community outreach endeavor, NBA Cares. Over a five-year span, players and teams will raise and contribute $100 million for charity, donate more than one million hours of volunteer service to communities worldwide, and build more than 100 educational and athletic facilities where children can learn and play. For more information on the NBA, visit NBA.com.

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ya'll haters can say what you will, but there is NO ONE right now that doing more for the country and bringing it the much needed publiciyt than Clef.

He's creating avenues for things that never exsisted.

Much love and respect to him.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah ou fin parle Konpaconvert. I wonder how do these people feel now. They used to say that "Wyclef nan tout sauce". Just talk sh*t behind a PC while they're not doing a damn think for their country.

Keep it up Clef!

Tilouj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpaconvert wrote:
Ya'll haters can say what you will, but there is NO ONE right now that doing more for the country and bringing it the much needed publiciyt than Clef.

He's creating avenues for things that never exsisted.

Much love and respect to him.

Ou fin pale wi. Bravo Clef.

jacomo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why we can't just give the guy praises without starting with "ya'll haters"...Just praise the guy praise and keep it moving. Why do we always have to mention haters, non-believers and other names of that nature?(I find it petty and childish)....As much as we talk about the so-called haters, they are probably to some degree the motivating factor behind some of the good deeds we've seen from Clef lately.

Anyways Much love and respect to Clef. Keep up the great work my brother.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kafou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clef just Shutting up tout djollllllll ki te rinmin pale'l malllllllll yo. Yap pale Karkussssssss epi Clef Ap travaille.

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bravo!!!

Bravo!!!!

Bravo Clef!!

Bravo!!!!!!

Bondye ap beni'w, Bondye ap toujou kontinye beni'w.

se sa'm rele gason konsekan, neg ki vreman rinmin peyi'l, ki rinmin pep li, ki rinmin konpratriot li!!!!

If anyone wants to see a model citizen - see Clef. Not some confused bums who forgets his past, his people. Clef is an amazing character and I hope, in fact, I know the good Lord will reward him for his good deeds.

You know what - I'll go so far as tp say that there's yet to be a Haitian President of Haiti, in the past few decades, that has cared for his people like Wyclef has.

Now that's amazing, and it speaks volumes about Clef and his passion for his country and people.

Bravo gason'm! Bravo!!!!!

Ti Boxer

tipoupouche

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's fantastic.... The man really cares about his country.. To me action speaks louder than word...

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tipoupouche wrote:
That's fantastic.... The man really cares about his country.. To me action speaks louder than word...

Pouche, bagay serye man - minm president Haiti pa care pou li minm jan ak Wyclef.

To me that's impressive to the utmost.

Misye fe'm fier ke'm se Haitien man. He makes the International community remember that Haitians aren't just a bunch of vile, barbaric, good for nothing people. That we are smart, warm hearted, and caring human beings - more than most other nationalities that I know.

Ti Boxer

tipoupouche

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TiBoxer.. You are right!!!.. We need a few like him and together we can make a difference. The educated needs to partner with him and try to educate the people... I will follow a guy like that...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: