KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DID U KNOW ABOUT MICKAEL GUIRAND & SEPTEMBER 11TH?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI FACTS: DID YOU KNOW?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: DID U KNOW ABOUT MICKAEL GUIRAND & SEPTEMBER 11TH? Reply with quote Back to top

DID YOU KNOW that CARIMI vocalist barely escaped death when he was actually working close to one of the twin towers that were destroyed on 9/11?

He told us that in one of our back issues of KOMPA MAGAZINE. He was actually on the 15th floor of an adjacent building from the Twin Towers and had just started working. He actually saw bodies coming from the rooftop and falling/slamming onto the ground below. Mickael actually barely escaped when the first building totally fell down.

TRUE STORY AS EXPLAINED TO US BY MICKAEL!

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The following is from MICKAEL as written/told to KOMPA MAGAZINE back in our NOVEMBER 2001 Issue.

"It was 8:30 when I got to work at TWO WORLD FINANCIAL right across the street from the TWIN TOWERS. I was getting ready to start when we felt the building shake and screams coming from fellow workers on the floor.

As I rushed to the window, I saw debris falling from the top of ONE WORLD into the street where people and cars were moving. When I looked down from the 15th floor where I was located, i saw 5 people burning alive. Little did I know that this was only the beginning. My friend who was standing next to me held my arm as he screamed "OH NO". As I looked up, I saw a body flying from the top of the tower and SMASHING on the floor. Several followed afer that.

We were asked by the people in our building to remain calm and to go back to work. (It was 10 minutes after the first blast and the police and fire fighters had just arrived) People started screaming again as they saw the second plane hit tower number 2. At that time they proceeded to evacuate the building. Everythng went smooth on the way down. When I got out, this rescuer was asking for a cell phone, I gave him mine. As he was dialing, I told him that several bodies were falling off the tower, nd he answered, four bodies are right in front of you that you don't even see. Every time that you hear a BOOM, it's another body EXPLODING as it hits the concrete. I looked over his shoulder and saw one (Let me spare you the graphic details)

As we were being evacuated, they directed us to the area behind the building where I was next to the water (Winter Garden). As I moved away from the scene trying to find a signal for my cell, people were still yelling as they were seeing flying bodies from the top of the towers. I quickly got tired of the scene and started to move away. When I got to around five blocks away from the scene, I heard a loud noise. The first building had collapsed. I felt a chill go through my body cause I knew that a lot of people were on the streets (Police and firefighters) and there were still a lot of people to be evacuated. At that point, I decided that it was time for me to leave. I literally walked from downtown, after getting a ride to West 40th and 12th ave, all the way to East 59th street Bridge which I crossed and continued all the way to 50th and Queens Blvd where I got picked up by Richard.

MICKAEL GUIRAND

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI FACTS: DID YOU KNOW? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: