KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHAT IS KOMPA's BEST SELLING ALBUM EVER?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: WHAT IS KOMPA's BEST SELLING ALBUM EVER? Reply with quote Back to top

Whenever I try to think about the sate of our HMI I have to think about what is actually selling and what is the real potential of this industry. When I think about Most Selling Album I can only think of a few, please help me broaden my list.

1. Alan Cave "se pa Pu da" I see this Cd at everyones' house

2. Sweet Micky "Denye Occasion" I think Phillip from Antilles music said that was one of it's best sellers.

3. T-Vice "Vin Pran Note" very popular Cd.

Who else am I missing here?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
konpadiva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon ou bliye yon gwo djazz wi la! Tabou Combo had the highest sells with New York City album. And Sweet Micky has sold the most the albums in total. We do not have resource like the AMI to keep track, however, Kunta and Pipirite, and TonyMontana are the experts with this question. This has been discussed several times here Duke.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Duke i think T-vice bidi Bidi Bam cd was a better seller then the Vinn pran not...... Wink

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is there any way of actually find this out....

in any rate I don't hink T-Vice last studio LP would be the best selling since piracy and bootlegging is so prominent in the music inustry.

What about bands like Tabou & Tropicana or System Band wouldn't they have been high album sellers especially back when people actually purchased everything from the music store.

trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Sweet Mickey holds that title.

And as for t-vice, the Bibi bam bam album was the their top seller! People are still being that album today!

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Funky you are right I think "Bidi bidi bam bam" did sell more I stand corrected. Diva Tabou Combo did sell a lot of records but i don't know which one did most since there were so many. I know this topic was discuss before but we never came to a final list, and we need to build this new board's Database here.

So the list is so far

1. Alan Cave "se pa Pou dat" I see this Cd at everyones' house

2. Sweet Micky "Denye Occasions" I think Phillip from Antilles music said that was one of it's best sellers.

3. T-Vice "Bi di bi di, bam bam"

4. Tabou Combo 'New york City"

5. Carimi "Bang Bang"

6. Lakol 'Ole Ole"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i would add:

Sweet Micky: Double album Pa manyen/i don't care

System Band: Album Aveg la

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't laugh, but I honestly think "The Best of Zekle" may not be the BEST selling BUT it has to be one of the most best selling albums that has been around a long time and is STILL selling.

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes Zekle is still selling I bought the best Of Xekle vol 2 and the SHARP 2 Cd a few months ago...since there a re a couple which on e of them sold the most?

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also think that kdans first album NAP CHILL was a great seller as well

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: