Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - WHAT IS KOMPA's BEST SELLING ALBUM EVER?
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHAT IS KOMPA's BEST SELLING ALBUM EVER?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only one I know for sure sold over 1 Million is Tabou. That was what was tracked and tabulated from mainstream sources. Micky, it is suspected he sold over a 1 Million or more from the Pa Manyen album. The reason I know was the settlement he had to pay to Cesoria Evora, it was some hefty change and they paid in full. Lots of money that still shook me today!!!! Worst yet, Micky still ain't broke. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I do suspect other Haitains bands broke the 1 Million mark many times, but we will never know for sure. I do believe TVice, Carimi, Sweet Micky, and even Djakout broke the million mark. I do believe Wyclef's last Haitian album sold over 1 Million. The problem is we will never know because all these so-called record companies don't want to be tracked for personal purposes. I also suspect Richie's last album came close or surpassed that mark. Maybe that is why Richie and Archill are having problems.

BTW, Boukman Eksperyance has sold over 500,000 units officially on all of their albums with Mango. If they could do that without marketing to Haitian folks, just imagine what these compas bands are doing. There are times when I go to Tower and Virgin and I see Haitian albums in them stores also. Certain things that make you go hmmmm!!!

That is my two cents.

Don Han

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Tropicana " Album 40ième" was a best selling.

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me add HAITI TWoubadours Vol1,2, 3

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely SuperDuke, I would add Haiti Twoubadou.

Also De Ger was a VERY popular and super hot cd.

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lady K...I don't know any thing about De Ger put me on... girl. Who are they? where can I get the Cd.

Haitianone....very good point my friend, you have some facts here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Super Duke wrote:
Lady K...I don't know any thing about De Ger put me on... girl. Who are they? where can I get the Cd.

Haitianone....very good point my friend, you have some facts here.

Duke se album Mizik Mizk la wi...DE GER..se konsa li te rele Wink

konpadiva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Duke,

Lady K is referring to “De Ger†Mizik Mizik’s album.

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahhhhhhhh you learn something everyday..thank you Funky and Kdiva.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you my KM sisters.

SuperDuke, if you STILL are not familiar with that cd, you NEED to get familiar FAST because that album happens to be on my and many others greatest Haitian albums list.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LadyKreyol wrote:
Thank you my KM sisters.

SuperDuke, if you STILL are not familiar with that cd, you NEED to get familiar FAST because that album happens to be on my and many others greatest Haitian albums list.

u welcome guys Wink

LadyK....it's a CLASSIC Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: