Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - My review of Kreyol fest
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

My review of Kreyol fest
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belfam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: My review of Kreyol fest Reply with quote Back to top

I got there when Tokay was playing and they did start around 4pm
Tokay played well there was not much people there at the time
they were playing and their sound was good.

Vwadezil came next and to my surprise did good and kill it
with their kanaval pale franse.

Fashion show did not like it not impressive at all. The ladies
looked good but the mc for the show talk too much.

Zin took the stage with a medley that was good. Nia did her thing
but Sandra bought fire to the stage with her padone-m song. Then
Zin kind killed the mood le yo jwe tout mizik mwen jwen Alan lan
but picked up a bit with nan nannan song. They played well but not
to a festival liking.

Now System B came and depoze kompa seriezman. Darbenz did ok
they had a great performance, i enjoyed it a lot.

Kreyol la started with viktwa and finished with their knaval. I did not
visually see their performance, but sound started to be a problem.
From were i was(fighting to get some food) they did well.

Hangout did not make it because they were late. Saw some musician
and Meimei too bad i did not see her perform. That girl look good very pretty. She was on point last night form make-up tp wardrobe.
very disapointed of not seing the band play.

Djakout!!!! all hell broke loose of course people starting running
toward the stage. They started with lwe kris la That song is a killer.
Performance died a bit during next song when Roro was doing
this grouying thing(the man is just too old and too skinny for
that sketch li look ridiculous on that stage). They picked up with jistis
next. Shabba did his thing until Roro started talking about this drug thing
"yo di djazz lan drug ezke se vre" a lot of people said yes(jokingly)
"yo di fort dimanche ap mande pou nou, nou pap deplase" funny
but was not well received. A la djazz fe bri mizerikod!!!!!! se te on dezod
mizikal sou stage la. All you can hear was Tregi's keys. As for Pouchon's performance of course overshadowed by his peers Roro & Shabba. To me they did ok nothing new or extraordinary djakout is becoming very predictable. At the end Roro's joke was not funny something about
"mwen tande T-vice ka prezidan Haiti, Ki sa ki nan vaz la *a*a eske vaz *a*a ka prezidan on peyi. Sound was not good during their performance.

T-vice!!!!!! they started with a medley from pedale kompa to cheche fanm pa-ou. Mezanmi Black Alex came and stole the show he did very good
with the band. Yo te gen pwoblem son too but they delivered especially during kanaval medley That damn helkopte song is still killing it. Then
Black la came back with King posse's kanaval pak la pran dife. They had a very good show. Then came Roberto's joke about djakout "neg djakout yo gen on marionette sou stage la" And the joke about Roro absolutly
killed the park That was very good. It is going to take time from djakout
to recover from this one.

Overall the fest was much organized this year more people came but not
a full house. They need to fix sound issue was not bad but could have
been better. My kids and I had lots of fun and had a good time.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tx for the review belfam Wink

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review BELFAM.

Yanvaloo...How did YOU think System played? Especially DABENZ? BELFAM di yo te ON FIRE. Do you agree or not?

KM!

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well said Belfam and I concur. Overall it was a nice festival but I am very curious to find out if they broke even with that turnout.

Tokay - Played well, fan participation was lacking simply because it was early and god forbid some people get a little sun so a lot of people stayed on the side. I really enjoyed the Tokay dancers too.

VVwadezil - They didn't disappoint and did a good job to keep the momentum going. Like Belfam said, once they started their carnival people really came out of their shells. I also got a little buzz from all the weeds I was smelling so I quickly made my way to the side as well.

FASHION SHOW was a big DON'T. It did NOTHING for me, I was more into the music they were strutting too then the actually models. Some of the models even looked like they just grabbed someone from the street with a decent body and told them to just walk GO FIGURE.

Zin - I really liked their performance BUT while I do like to hear new songs, I really wish AC didn't sing "Jwenn" I was in the mood to be hyped up not brought down. They did make up for it when they sang "Sere Koze'w" Wink . The Zin girls did they're thing but I kinda miss the unison of the Zin girls of the past. I won't get into it as much because I already explained myself on another post.

System - I really enjoyed their performance, I was standing with an older women at the time and she was getting all nostagic and I got caught up in her joy, so it made me enjoy the performance even more.

Kreyol La - I could be alone in this but I really enjoyed Kreyol La's performance. Ti Joe's little dance (the name of it escapes me, is so cute and I was surrounded by the Ti Joe fan club (young girls under the age of 21) they all started to do the dance and they got me all doing it Laughing making me feel like a teenager, which I have to admit was FUN. Fan participation was GREAT, Ti Joe had the crowd in his hands, they did everything he asked for and when they sang Kore'm and their carnival the crowd went nuts from my perspective.

Side note: The confetti used from time to time during some bands performances was BEST used during Kreyol la's performance in MY OPINION. Other times it was done too early or just for the sake of doing it, but during the Kreyol La set it was actually seemed to be timed to be shot into the audience when the crowd reaction was building and getting more hyper. Just my 2 cents, I don't think anyone really cares about such things.

Djakout - The crowd went nuts from the start NO SURPRISE. Pouchon came out and it was bedlam. They sang Lwe Kris la, Jistis, Eskive BUT sometimes during their set I couldn't tell when one song began and a new started. Sometimes, you don't realize how similar some songs are until they are done like a medley but I have to say that now I kind of understand when some people criticize SOME Djakout songs sounding the same. Oh! God, Djakout fanatiks are going to burn me alive for that comment. BRING IT ON! I'm grown I can take it . Laughing

T-Vice - The sound was OFF in the beginning, which pissed me off, but when Black Alex came out everyone lost it including me Very Happy. Unfortunately the people I came with had the brilliant idea to leave during the Vice set to get a headstart Evil or Very Mad I'm assuming the sound got better because I was a nice distance away and I could hear T-Vice carnival.

Overall I had a good time, but $30 might have a lot to do with the turnout because weather-wise they couldn't have asked for better weather conditions.

Lastly, I would like to say it was my extreme pleasure to meet the lovely Strawdeva, I hope to meet you again maybe at BOUILLON NIGHT Laughing and I met up with one of my ol' favorite KM members KreziEric who is still Mr. Positive and looks great, Florida is really agreeing with him. Very Happy

JimBo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

belfam &
LadyKreyol thanx pou review a i enjoyed them both mwem wa both you guys enjoyed Bertos joke all i can say about that is vye Exclamation Exclamation jes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love you too Jimbo. BTW, it was FUNNY Laughing I have heard corny jokes from BOTH camps but come on Jimbo unidentified object , that's a CLASSIC just like your DRY EYES line. Wink Laughing

kafou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jimbo,

The jokes was good man, i was rolling on the floor.

It's all pure fun, and most importantly you get a great laughter rather divisions.

RORO koulyea rele "Unidenfy Object".

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

FUNKY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the great review ladyk..the dance ti joe was doing was GAyé paille....i`m glad u had a great time Wink

belfam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Jimbo
I had to call it like it is
that joke was FFFUUUUNNNNYYYYY Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lady K i saw Krezi E too he was trying
to have me meet with you oh well
until next time!!!!!

JimBo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

belfam,NEG PAM kafou, LadyKreyol I AGREE WITH YOU ALL IT DID MAKE ME LAUGH FOR 2SEC BON NEG YO HAVE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES Laughing Laughing ..... I DON'T MIND LIL WISE CRACKS LIKE THAT THIS IS PURE FUN THATS IT Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: