KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

REGAETON LATINO. you like this trash? / richie going there?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAhaitian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
USAhaitian

Do you mean Robert Charlot.
Shocked exactly that

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

USAHAITIAN...you are developing the topic even more and I like it......Last week on my sunday Radio show in Boston , where I play musics for all the caribbean Island.....I was leaving my Kompa set with Nikenson's "U R the 1" and my Dj ppick up with reggaton I told him to start mixing it on the Keyboard groove so he did. Mind you the kid is Columbian don't listen to Kompa much but the similarities help him do a mix that made the station phone ring non stop for the next half hour.....The mix was sick....the two genre of music match like they were meant to be...So we called it the Kompaton mix...lol Laughing Laughing

I just think music is just music.....and let's have fun with it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
USAhaitian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only as the best have and KM do...
Kompaton Cool likes

Last edited by USAhaitian on Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

USA Haitian > Bro, I was just saying about RUMORS.....

why u do that man? ...
not to be rude but...
I know u are a newbie but.....

BTW > You missed the other post. Richie is not crossing anywhere. Maybe he will cross West Dixie Highway, thatā€™s about it.

Now > Sweet water???????????? ......

You mean sweet water, FL. West of Miami Airport. It has to be ā€˜cause you are in Miramar.

Come On !!!!!!!!!! I thought I was wild when I say HIALEAH , which is bastion of Cuban refugees. 99.99 % are Cubans there > so is very unlikely they know about Richie...........

Sweetwater is EVEN WORST. And this city is where you said >>> Word is that Roberto Charlote (or was it Ricardo Charlote?) from Nu Vice is in the actual making

What do you mean ....in the actual making?? >>>>>
And what are your sources? please.

Mexkompa

Stop all this rumoring.......please..........

Ps Regaeton latino is .......... gross......mediocre.......

USAhaitian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mexkompa Roots wrote:

USA Haitian > Bro, I was just saying about RUMORS.....

why u do that man? ...
not to be rude but...
I know u are a newbie but.....

BTW > You missed the other post. Richie is not crossing anywhere. Maybe he will cross West Dixie Highway, thatā€™s about it.

Now > Sweet water???????????? ......

You mean sweet water, FL. West of Miami Airport. It has to be ā€˜cause you are in Miramar.

Come On !!!!!!!!!! I thought I was wild when I say HIALEAH , which is bastion of Cuban refugees. 99.99 % are Cubans there > so is very unlikely they know about Richie...........

Sweetwater is EVEN WORST. And this city is where you said >>> Word is that Roberto Charlote (or was it Ricardo Charlote?) from Nu Vice is in the actual making

What do you mean ....in the actual making?? >>>>>
And what are your sources? please.

Mexkompa

Stop all this rumoring.......please..........

Ps Regaeton latino is .......... gross......mediocre.......

No I totally got your joke from the start! Actually Im not spreading rumors at all...Roberto was a spanish way of saying Robert, in fact we were mentioning reggaeton. Most people know that when you speak of Hialeah, Sweetwater is up the corner... that is Sweetwater South Miami many latinos. It's not rude at all to correct and explain your point, must I add also what is true.

USAhaitian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

USAhaitian wrote:
Reggaeton isn't that bad as many may feel, reggaeton can be hard to dance, but beats rush hour traffic Laughing

Richie may not be the only one male into cross-over Latino....

Word in Sweetwater is that Roberto Charlot is in the actual making

Now if more Haitian artists or even a group decided to join the ban wagon would reggaeton undergo a name change Idea

1. You feel reggaeton is "gross", but I enjoy listening to it while driving cause power 96 plays a lot of it on the radio, unlike Nu-Look, I'd have to listen to 90.1 if Touche Douce DJ's are in; although, I can play the CD watch the video and more...

2. There are many information not made available to KM, until someone wrties about it before Pat, so Richie may not be going into a different market but your concept of the joke had been a great laugh

3. At FIU, even South Florida many latinos either live in Hialeah or Sweetwater and there are many jokes about the two, espeically in Law Enforcement: all jokes aside, Robert is working on Reggaeton projects!

4. Guess someone else mentioned the Kompaton would be cool name for a dual-name both Kompa/Reggaeton combined

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

USAHaitian >> Thanks.

So Robert / Roberto (Spanish) is really working on Reggaeton projects? If is not a rumor then is my bad. I would apologize. Yet, I am shock.

Would you mind just be more specific? Who told you? How that person knows? How do the people in sweet water know about him? I am not doubting you. I just like to have the facts in my hands, you know. I like this quote; ā€œ When I say the horse is brown is because I have the hair in my handsā€

Hey man, I am glad you got the joke and that u got a laugh out of it. Humor is the best medicine.

I respect the fact you enjoy your ride on 1-95 listen to Regaeton. And that you like it.
Mwen...so, so......

We can find common ground. You said you like Nu Look. I fell in love with their music. It is sophisticated, complex, artful...

Regaeton.....U know.......Thinking in terms of my community.......U know....I .kind of donā€™t want to see my young Hermanas /sistas....getting so loose and promiscuous.....I would rather have a different flag to fly unity among us than PROMISCUITY, FREE SEX, AND ORGY LIKE DANCING AT THE CLUBS. That is pretty much their message.

Over a copy culture and music, with repetitive rhythm. PASO. ///pass.

Maybe DJ SuperDuke can tell us what he has seen at Regaeton dance clubs ......

keep cool man <

Mexkompa Roots.

Machiavel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
Well I kind of disagree.

1. I think Reggae-ton is a good thing, because it proved that music not SUNG in English can cross-over. So that means if others genres of music if packaged right can too.

2. It was a breath of fresh air.

3. It united Latinos and gave them a sense of pride.

4. And some of the music is cool, when you are in the club, good to move too. I take it for what it is, Im not expecting any GREAT from it.

I am with you, DJ. Also people should be careful about referring to other musical genres as "trashy" because every musical form, as some point in time, was labeled "trashy."

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

who?,

About DJ Kreyol points.

I Reggae-ton did not cross over anywhere. Trackmaster SAID IT ALL.

2. Fresh? >>> itā€™s a blatant copy of hip-hop and rap culture.

3. He is right on this one. Although is questionable to take pride in a message and a dance that is fun but morally decadent and vulgar.

4. He is right to take it for what it is.

Calling music trash. You got a point ...........
am I becoming my parents??????

But Really man.....................Dame la gasoline............isnā€™t that vulgar?

But this is one is a GEM though >>>>>>>>>>
"Let there be sound," Said the Lord, and System Band was created.
From the newly discovered Dead Sea Rolls

Laughing love it!

MexK

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: