KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

REGAETON LATINO. you like this trash? / richie going there?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I Richie wants a Maybach 62 and the HMI can't provide that for him, it's only natural he looks elsewhere.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My only question to Mexkompa is whether he was for real about Richie helping Daddy Yankee. Reggaeton was and still is mediocre music in my eyes but it is interesting that Richie has been trumpetted to help out this wacked out genre, if this is true. MexKompa brother comeback and respond please I am dying here for info.

The last thing I would want is an exceptional kompa artist like Richie selling out our music to a musical genre that would not even recognize a Haitian for taking them out of the pits. Daddy Yankee's album has not made a single good move on the Billboard charts. An indication of things to come for this music.

Word off the street is quitely there are some Haitians behind the scenes of this music that are not even getting recognition.

trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:

The last thing I would want is an exceptional kompa artist like Richie selling out our music to a musical genre that would not even recognize a Haitian for taking them out of the pits. Daddy Yankee's album has not made a single good move on the Billboard charts. An indication of things to come for this music.

Word off the street is quitely there are some Haitians behind the scenes of this music that are not even getting recognition.

Haitianone it's true there are some haitian co-producer to the reggaeton movement. I hate to kill the buzz of every reggaeton lover, but just like disco this music is a fad. A close friend of mine working for Universal records, informed me that, unless the music changes from what it is now, he gives it 2 - 3 more years.

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In other words...

A breath of fresh air that will end up stinking up the place!!! (Like a KM member once said)

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OH MY, OH MY >>>> What have I done here? >>>>>>

My face looks like a tomato. AGGHHH........Mwen embarrassed.

Gals, guys, it was just a twist. I apologize. The Richie thing was just a way for me to make a parody of rumoring. I hate rumors.

It was just a joke to light things up......sorry

I mean.....hear in the streets of Hialeah ...???? .... Led Zeppelin ??.....a mariachi ensemble....kompaRiachi.....???? ……….

LOL........ uknowhatIamsaying...

I got a wicked sense of humor. And all this rumoring about zenglen and richie is making me CRAZY.

Mis disculpas....My apologies.

BTW > About Richie. It could be cool if he could get hired to gig with some heavy weight of the Jazz world or the Latin world or the Rock world. He definitely would make the Regeaton better. That is a topic for another post.

I will be back, there are a LOT of interesting points of view about Regaeton Latino!

PS > SYRO*MIEL sweet...I think u are taking it a little way too far..........REGAETON HAITIANO? ....OH NO PLEASE!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MexKompa

Thanks for the clarification. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Got me worried for a second.

I guess Richie's move is bothering you a little. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HAITIAN 1 > very intersting your twist. I agree. Through out history it has always been like this; black doesn't get recognition for what he creates. I would not doubt your statements but No richie is not going there as far as I know. Relax. I agree with your points. ...wacked genre...that was funny du... Laughing

DJ Super Duke > Super cool..........I hear you bro. Everything you said is so interesting.

DJ Kreyol....interesting point of view.

PHizunique.......that was so funny !!!!! Laughing

see u in a bit crew...........

USAhaitian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reggaeton isn't that bad as many may feel, reggaeton can be hard to dance, but beats rush hour traffic Laughing

Richie may not be the only one male into cross-over Latino....

Word in Sweetwater is that Roberto Charlot is in the actual making

Now if more Haitian artists or even a group decided to join the ban wagon would reggaeton undergo a name change Idea

trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

USAhaitian wrote:

Now if more Haitian artists or even a group decided to join the ban wagon would reggaeton undergo a name change Idea

Hell no!! They would probably label it Haitiano Reggaeton... lol Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

USAhaitian

Do you mean Robert Charlot of Nu Vice or somebody else? I never heard of Roberto Charlot.

Now the Haitians for a long while have their own form of Reggaeton, it is Haitian Ragga and it sucks with a BIG S. This genre has been going on for awhile now and it needs a lot of help big time. Worst yet, this genre has entered the carnaval scene and it shows.

To be fair, the French Antillean Ragga movement is a lot better. There are some artist I can tolerate but overall I think the Jamaicans do a better job.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: