KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

REGAETON LATINO. you like this trash? / richie going there?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mexkompa Roots

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: REGAETON LATINO. you like this trash? / richie going there? Reply with quote Back to top

The only good about this movement is that it solidified the term Latino to refer to us.

I hate with a passion the term HISPANIC. We are not just Hispanic. Damn. Latino is more that that; Is Hispanic, Indian and Black. So good for Regaeton because everyone say now Latino.

Other than that is trashy. It is a spin off and a blatant copy of Hip hop rap culture and music. They add a few new things here and there but basically its a copy.

On top of that their message is all about moral promiscuity, sex and sex. It is not that I don’t like sex but there is a place for everything. This is vulgar. It is not like we don’t have AIDS problems in most of our Latin countries for them to glorify and promote the f..k..ing.

Musically they all have the same beat. It is boring., All in all, this stuff is trash. My opinion.

I hope the Haitians do not decide to copy this copy just because its popular...............but then I hear a rumor in the streets of HIaleah...

Mexkompa

PS Rumor on the streets of HIALEAH is that Richie may join Yanky Dadee on drums.
OH MY...................make may day.......For real I am jumping off a bridge Razz

PS I also hear a rumor on the streets of london that he may join Robert Plant and Jimmy Page to reform Led Zeppelin.

PS And on the streets of Mexico I hear a rumor that he is joining a Mariachi emsemble to create a fusion call KompaRiachi.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I swear Reggeaton was a copy of old school reggae/ shaka demus and the pliers. anyhow i can't stand it either, But young latino's wanted something wich was hard edge where all latino's can i identify with. Anyhow i can't stand the music myself, and what's worse is watching the people dance it with no rhythm.

Blending Mariachi with konpa i think could definitly work! Reggaeton on the other hand??? Oh no no no please Jesus NOn!

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: REGAETON LATINO. you like this trash? / richie going the Reply with quote Back to top

Mexkompa Roots wrote:
Other than that is trashy. It is a spin off and a blatant copy of Hip hop rap culture and music. They add a few new things here and there but basically its a copy.

On top of that their message is all about moral promiscuity, sex and sex. It is not that I don’t like sex but there is a place for everything. This is vulgar. It is not like we don’t have AIDS problems in most of our Latin countries for them to glorify and promote the f..k..ing.

Musically they all have the same beat. It is boring., All in all, this stuff is trash. My opinion.

Exactly my opinion!!!

Same beat, same trashy stuff... Nothing to rave about. Can't stand it! Rolling Eyes

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I kind of disagree.

1. I think Reggae-ton is a good thing, because it proved that music not SUNG in English can cross-over. So that means if others genres of music if packaged right can too.

2. It was a breath of fresh air.

3. It united Latinos and gave them a sense of pride.

4. And some of the music is cool, when you are in the club, good to move too. I take it for what it is, Im not expecting any GREAT from it.

DJ Super Duke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all, I just love topics like this.

MExRoots,

I understand you clearly, There is no way a true Music lover (specially Kompa) or Big band lover is gonna like or appreciate reggaeton because of it's repetetive basic simplicity. I see the whole reaggeton Movement happend right before my eyes. And it progress itself to mainstream now "Rompe" Daddy Yankee's lastest single must get played on mainstream radio. It's not the musician's fault. It's the tolerance and music education of the new generation around the word....... Reggaeton is HOT at the clubs. I mean HOT like Fire!!!! I had to get down to it. I even recruited 2 Reaggeton DJ's to my team in the past year because of the demand....and If i'm trying to stay up with the new Generation I gotta get down to it.....Don't get me wrong I would not spend my personal leisure time listening to Wisin and Yandel but for my radio show, for the Club I will. i commend artist like Christopher Laroche for doing a reageton Track that was great.

I will not bash on richie if he wants to brodden his horizon and explore new territories. He already has the Kompa Market he wants to branch out.....more power to him.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PhizUniq

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
Well I kind of disagree.

1. I think Reggae-ton is a good thing, because it proved that music not SUNG in English can cross-over. So that means if others genres of music if packaged right can too.

2. It was a breath of fresh air.

3. It united Latinos and gave them a sense of pride.

4. And some of the music is cool, when you are in the club, good to move too. I take it for what it is, Im not expecting any GREAT from it.

What you said here is true.

Reggaeton is just party music. If you are in the ambiance, you will dance to it. But besides that, nothing that great.

Also, if Konpa has to become as trashy and musically monotonous as Reggaeton, then I don't need it to crossover. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by PhizUniq on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

trackmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
Well I kind of disagree.

DJ K, The only reason the music crossed-over is there so many latinos is this country. Actually if im right their might just be as many latinos in The U.S. As there is black. So The law of supply and demand made it be albe to cross over. Imagined if only Puerto Ricans spoke spanish, do you think reggaeton would of made it in the U . S market? HELL NO!

Oh yeah I forgot, IN NY , Most Black clubs and "real: reggae clubs, don't give reggaeton any burn! Mosr of the mainstream latino/white clubs play it, but not the black caribbean clubs or hip hop clubs. You might be lucky of you get one song.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MexKompa

Brother, talk to you me. Are you for real Richie is changing and has decided to enter the Reggaeton market? Are you pulling our chains here?

Talk to me, I find this development quite interesting.

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If Richie was to leave the HMI for another industry just to be a drummer mwen tap pral MIAMI mal voye Roche lakay li.

Misye tap fou...Kalité Superbe: Drummer/Songwriter/Producer sa a pou'n ta lagé nan main vandal sa yo...eh, hey! tout ayisien tap pral manifesté nan lakou Miami.

Crossing Over...I don't really care for that for I don't want anyone to sacrifice the fundamental of our music for a few more bucks.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see Richie maybe changing the raggaeton genre. Maybe making it more musical in terms of percussion variety while keeping it fun to danse to.

Richie could even create his own genre, but to leave kompa all together, hell no.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: