KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT ZENGLEN EMERGENCY MEETING THIS WEEK?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT ZENGLEN EMERGENCY MEETING THIS WEEK? Reply with quote Back to top

What will happen at Zenglen's emergency meeting scheduled for this week?

Either Richie will tell his bandmates that he is leaving the band, or something else will go down to keep Richie in the band.

All I can tell you is that I have been told by very close sources, "Only a Miracle will keep Richie in the band".

A suivre.

KM!

Haitien

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let's wait and see. Only time will tell.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The ONLY reason a meeting that was scheduled for this past week was called off was because ACHILL had gone to Haiti, and REGINALD was in New York.

KM!

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is destiny...

I really feel Richie is going to leave this band.

islandprincesse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we can only wait and see while hoping for the best which in my opinion would be for Richie to remain a member of this band he has work so hard for. So I guess I am hoping for "a miracle"

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ever since Richie stepped down as maestro and producer of Zenglen, I knew something was gonna happen later on...

I also think Richie will leave Zenglen. His mind seems pretty made up about it. Now, it may be just a matter of time.

I don't know. But let's see...

Raymi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I sincerely do hope that Ritchie and Zenglen are able to work out their differences for the good of the band, I'll play devil's advocate here by saying that it wont be the end of Zenglen and the fans might actually come out as winners.

For one, Zenglen has proven to be the cat of the industry with at least 9 lives. Remember this is the same band that managed to rebound from the lost of great talents such as G.D. Perez and Gracia Delva. When a band can rebound from its lost of the voice and face of the band, that speaks volume for its tenacity.

If their performance at SOBs shown on KReYol TV is any indication, I think the band's live perfromances will not sufer as Zenglen is the Brazil of Konpa because they are loaded with talent at every position. Where they will suffer the most will be the lost of his leadership, his charismatic personality and more importantly, his talent as Producer and Hit maker.

I'm not quite sure if Nicky can step in as yet and carry that responsibility.

Now why do I say that the fans might be the winners?
What happned when Dzine dissolved?
-We now have one of the top bands in the HMI in Nu Look.
What hapened with the breakup of Kompa Kreyol?
-We now have 2 very good solid bands loaded with talent and with a different sound in Kreyol La and Krezi Mizik.

Since Ritchie is such a talented and a great recruiter of talent, if he and the band cannot work out their differences, I would be curious to see what he'll be able to come with.

I think Variety is good for music and Kompa. While I do hope that they can work things out because Ritchie is synonimous with Zenglen, if that cannot happen, Life wont be so bad for the fans, in fact it might even get better in terms of choices.

Much love
Raymi.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: