Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - A LESSON ON HAITI
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

A LESSON ON HAITI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BON OU KON SAK FUNNY AN, MOUN KOMANCE REBATI KAY POU KONT YO NAN ZONE BOURDON AVEK OU LOT KOTE, KE MOIN PA SONJE KOUNIE AN? BON NOU GEN GOUVENEMAN? OU KOM OU NEG DI, NEXT TIME, NAP DISPARET NET.
TANDIS KE PREVAL AP BA MOUN MAYO KI DI, MAVE OU! Shocked
MOUN AP REBATI KAY? KOTE GOUVENEMAN AN?
LE FINI NAP DI MOIN POU MOIN KONTE OU SYSTEM TANKOU COMMONWEATLH MINM JEAN GEN OU PAKET PEYI NAN CARAIBES LA? Shocked

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Atibon wrote:
Out of all the elitist and pompous cliches that law professors enjoy to bombard law students with, only one had the utmost merit for me: A LAWYER IS A LEARNED INDIVIDUAL.

I remember at orientation for admission to the New York bar--one of the jurisdictions wherein I am licensed to practice law-- the lecturer had made a very simple, yet cogent, point that continues to guide my practice: One is a lawyer 24 hours a day and is expecting to act professionally at all time.

AT ALL TIME also includes when one is puking preposterousness at Kompamagazine where some sort of intellectual and logical accountability is at issue because the ostensible lecturer is a lawyer.

Having said that, I implore my colleague H1 to stop saturating this forum with his outlandish interpretations of US policies and the US Constitution. With all due respect H1, reading your voluminous nonsensical, asinine remarks on this forum would make one cast doubts on the intellectual soundness and nobility of lawyers.

And the hazard of your unhinged diatribes against the government of Haiti and its people is that some vulnerable minds may find comfort or hope in your demagogical rants.

I understand that the area of the law that you practice provides you with ample time to babble on politics in KM; however, please do so with humility and intelligence, comrade. For you are making me and other Haitian lawyers look very ordinary.

I am a lawyer and I take great offense by the manner in which you are debasing my profession. You are entitled to your opinion but you cannot insidiously misleading a mass of people who value your words as gospel

For your information, Haiti is a sovereign nation-state and cannot be annexed to your US. The US Supreme Court, in dicta, has made it clear that the notion of "conquering" other countries is an obsolete practice and cannot serve as basis for expending the United States. Downes v. Bidwell 182. U.S 144 (1901).

Your oath to the Florida or whichever state bar had you sworn to uphold the US Constitution. I just thought, I should remind you before someone petitions the FL Bar of your perfidious activities which you might think makes you the greatest American Patriot.

Please comrade, desist from your charade because it is offensive to many Haitian nationals and specially to our competent Haitian attorneys living here in the US.

Best Regards,
Atibon

MEZANMI GAE OU MET, MESSIEURS!
MIN MET SA, MENACE LOT MET LA! Very Happy Shocked
MESSIEURS, ALA OU BEL LANJ SE ANGLE! Shocked
Quote:
I am a lawyer and I take great offense by the manner in which you are debasing my profession. You are entitled to your opinion but you cannot insidiously misleading a mass of people who value your words as gospel

MET, KENBE SA PO OU! NOU PA BEZWEN GOSPEL POU ISIT LAN! NOU TOUT KA KENBE TET NOU POU KONT NOU. YOU MAYBE A "LAWYER" AS YOU SAID IT, BUT THERE ARE ECONOMISTS, GESTIONAIRES, ECT HERE AS WELL. SO, OU SE GOSPEL? Shocked
MET LA, BAT ZEL OU FREM PASKE OU PAKA DI OU SE AVOCAT ET PI FREEDOM OF SPEECH OU VIN PRAN BO ISIT LA, FREM
BRO, KOM H1 DI, OU GIN DWA AL REPASE LWA YO WI, FRE Shocked

Last edited by jeancelestin on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:03 am; edited 3 times in total

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OZ'MOSIS wrote:
Atibon wrote:
Out of all the elitist and pompous cliches that law professors enjoy to bombard law students with, only one had the utmost merit for me: A LAWYER IS A LEARNED INDIVIDUAL.

I remember at orientation for admission to the New York bar--one of the jurisdictions wherein I am licensed to practice law-- the lecturer had made a very simple, yet cogent, point that continues to guide my practice: One is a lawyer 24 hours a day and is expecting to act professionally at all time.

AT ALL TIME also includes when one is puking preposterousness at Kompamagazine where some sort of intellectual and logical accountability is at issue because the ostensible lecturer is a lawyer.

Having said that, I implore my colleague H1 to stop saturating this forum with his outlandish interpretations of US policies and the US Constitution. With all due respect H1, reading your voluminous nonsensical, asinine remarks on this forum would make one cast doubts on the intellectual soundness and nobility of lawyers.

And the hazard of your unhinged diatribes against the government of Haiti and its people is that some vulnerable minds may find comfort or hope in your demagogical rants.

I understand that the area of the law that you practice provides you with ample time to babble on politics in KM; however, please do so with humility and intelligence, comrade. For you are making me and other Haitian lawyers look very ordinary.

For your information, Haiti is a sovereign nation-state and cannot be annexed to your US. The US Supreme Court, in dicta, has made it clear that the notion of "conquering" other countries is an obsolete practice and cannot serve as basis for expending the United States. Downes v. Bidwell 182. U.S 144 (1901).

Your oath to the Florida or whichever state bar had you sworn to uphold the US Constitution. I just thought, I should remind you before someone petitions the FL Bar of your perfidious activities which you might think makes you the greatest American Patriot.

Please comrade, desist from your charade because it is offensive to many Haitian nationals and specially to our competent Haitian attorneys living here in the US.

Best Regards,
Atibon

H1 is a lawyer????? get out of here!!!!!!! seriously???? oh my God....man, i'm studying the for LSAT right now and hoping to start law school next year, but is H1 really a lawyer??? how didn't he even get accepted???? wow...that's sad....wow...mwewn sezi pou'm mouri....

H1, you're make lawyers look bad brother...

BON, M PAP DEFAN H1 NON, BUT MISIE TELMAN LAWYER, LI ETIDIE MIT TOU, MINM SI SE PA LA LI FE DWA LI, BUT, LI PASE MIT
DONC WA FE OU IDEE

Haitianone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeancelestin wrote:
Atibon wrote:

Best Regards,
Atibon

MEZANMI GAE OU MET, MESSIEURS!
MIN MET SA, MENACE LOT MET LA! Very Happy Shocked
MESSIEURS, ALA OU BEL LANJ SE ANGLE! Shocked
Quote:

MET, KENBE SA PO OU! NOU PA BEZWEN GOSPEL POU ISIT LAN! NOU TOUT KA KENBE TET NOU POU KONT NOU. YOU MAYBE A "LAWYER" AS YOU SAID IT, BUT THERE ARE ECONOMISTS, GESTIONAIRES, ECT HERE AS WELL. SO, OU SE GOSPEL? Shocked
MET LA, BAT ZEL OU FREM PASKE OU PAKA DI OU SE AVOCAT ET PI FREEDOM OF SPEECH OU VIN PRAN BO ISIT LA, FREM
BRO, KOM H1 DI, OU GIN DWA REPASE LWA YO WI, FRE Shocked

Jean, this so call attorney here is a typical Haitian, comes here to make himself look good and threaten to destroy my career while pushing his idea sou moun. I call this an obstructionists, neg kap essaye kraze lot moun. Worst yet, you got people here kap bay neg sa la main.

Since I am not scared and know the law, mwen repond with the First Amendment epi tout bagay mele. He knows it and others see it, but that is Haitian for you and the same people want Haitian like themselves to change the country. With this kind of mentalities how will it change? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

To the others I have written extensively in this post my reasons I will not rehash the same stuff over and over go refer to my earlier posts.

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dr.Mizik wrote:
Ozmosis, mwen gen nouvel pou ou.... Gen bri ki cho nan la ri a. "Yo jwen nouvel la"

Mwen tande gen you mouvman Statehood ki Cho la en Haiti et a Washington. Au contraire, yo gentan komense ap rekonfectione drapo amerikan pou yo ajoute yon lot etoile ki ap represente Haiti. Si yon moun gen yon drapo meriken lakay' ou kounie a, ou met jete'l. Tres biento, lap manke yon etoile.

Lot bri kap kouri enko. Mwen tande sak fe drapo pou ko deyo, se paske nou bezwen 2 senate pou nou voye Capitol Hill pou al represente Haiti. Dejean belize ak Kaplime, se 2 nons kap site nan washington anpil.

Denye nouvel. Secrete d'etat meriken an, ap desan haiti demen matin pou li al pale akek docte Larsen (ki se minist sante en Haiti). Yo pral pran opinion misye sou "Health care bill" pou tout Haitien ka gen "Health insurance". Mesi Meriken

The Chair of the federal reserve (Ben Bernake) fek sot devan congress. Yo approuve yon plan pou yo "bailout" tout... maitre brik a brak, Machan,n maje, machan fritay, madan sara, machan fresco, pote, bouretie... ki affecte par earthquake

Gloire a Dieu.... Mesi meriken....Mesi pou statehood.... Mesi H1 ki te ede nou Jwen Statehood . Mesi Meriken

La france ak L'angleterre tout se chien yo ye....se pou yo ale an afrik tou.... Pou al okipe tout etat afriken ki nan grangou. Dat etat afriken sa yo independent, anyen serie yo pap regle. Lion ak elephant ap manje ti moun tou vivan, Yo tout nan grangou...... Problem se pa haitien selman, Se Afriken mem ki problem nan.... Yo pa ka ede tet yo, yo pa ka fe anyen.....
Bondye ki fe nou haitien, nou gen Meriken, nou gen "Statehood"

mwen pat anvi ri non
men sa frenk belllllllllllllllllllllll Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ZENGLEN PI RED

naturellecreole

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

H1 pa parle enko neg pam, ou te di ou pa tap poste nan post sa, so bay vag ok. ou fin parle, ou bay opinion ou and we should respect that
ou gendaw defand tet ou le lidew diw.

princessj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway...
Time to take this thread back, Hipchick sorry if I contributed in anyway to sidetracking this thread, we do need to (as some have stated) exchange opinions rather then just fling insults, so here I go..how can we fix Haiti after learning from the lessons of the past?

Short-Term:
MOVE THE PEOPLE OUT OF P-A-P, get Tent Cities running, register who is living in each tent and organize a system of delivering food and water to each family by tent assignation.

Long-Term: The entire infrastructure of Haiti needs immediate intensive care, stat. We need a TOP-DOWN approach to how we reform the country, starting first with the governing heads...their approach to ministering to the needs of the people. Education needs immediate reform, primary schooling needs to be made available to everyone and in a bilingual setting, both French and Creole. Next Health Care should be addressed...women provided prenatal care, and medical services made available to children, with mandatory (I don't give a damn about civil liberties in this case) vaccinations. Take a lesson from Venezuela and have installed minute-clinics in each province. Another thing which would dramatically benefit Haiti is having serious Trade agreements with other nations, we need to rebuild our exporting franchise, coffee, textile, and rice...you name it, if we take care of the land, it will take care of us. The Environment needs to be an issue as well, not just growing trees and what not but building codes have to be created and enforced as well. Honestly Haiti is being ruined by general lawlessness...there are no governing bodies really...chef zon fe sa yo vle, polis aji jan yo vle, epi govenman-an pa kanpe sou anyen, se pwoblem Ayiti. Tchuip...mwen paka pale anko bagay govenman-sa ban-m tet chaje.

*The above was basically moved from the Let's Talk section where JeanValJean initiated a discussion on fixing Haiti, I think it's appropriate to repost here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gentleman1 wrote:
Dr.Mizik wrote:
Ozmosis, mwen gen nouvel pou ou.... Gen bri ki cho nan la ri a. "Yo jwen nouvel la"

Mwen tande gen you mouvman Statehood ki Cho la en Haiti et a Washington. Au contraire, yo gentan komense ap rekonfectione drapo amerikan pou yo ajoute yon lot etoile ki ap represente Haiti. Si yon moun gen yon drapo meriken lakay' ou kounie a, ou met jete'l. Tres biento, lap manke yon etoile.

Lot bri kap kouri enko. Mwen tande sak fe drapo pou ko deyo, se paske nou bezwen 2 senate pou nou voye Capitol Hill pou al represente Haiti. Dejean belize ak Kaplime, se 2 nons kap site nan washington anpil.

Denye nouvel. Secrete d'etat meriken an, ap desan haiti demen matin pou li al pale akek docte Larsen (ki se minist sante en Haiti). Yo pral pran opinion misye sou "Health care bill" pou tout Haitien ka gen "Health insurance". Mesi Meriken

The Chair of the federal reserve (Ben Bernake) fek sot devan congress. Yo approuve yon plan pou yo "bailout" tout... maitre brik a brak, Machan,n maje, machan fritay, madan sara, machan fresco, pote, bouretie... ki affecte par earthquake

Gloire a Dieu.... Mesi meriken....Mesi pou statehood.... Mesi H1 ki te ede nou Jwen Statehood . Mesi Meriken

La france ak L'angleterre tout se chien yo ye....se pou yo ale an afrik tou.... Pou al okipe tout etat afriken ki nan grangou. Dat etat afriken sa yo independent, anyen serie yo pap regle. Lion ak elephant ap manje ti moun tou vivan, Yo tout nan grangou...... Problem se pa haitien selman, Se Afriken mem ki problem nan.... Yo pa ka ede tet yo, yo pa ka fe anyen.....
Bondye ki fe nou haitien, nou gen Meriken, nou gen "Statehood"

mwen pat anvi ri non
men sa frenk belllllllllllllllllllllll Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mezanmi mwen poko janm ri konsa depi 01.12.10 non.

MESI Dr. Mizik.

I enjoyed your satire.

Me and U

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OZ'MOSIS wrote:

H1 is a lawyer????? get out of here!!!!!!! seriously???? oh my God....man, i'm studying the for LSAT right now and hoping to start law school next year, but is H1 really a lawyer??? how didn't he even get accepted???? wow...that's sad....wow...mwewn sezi pou'm mouri....

H1, you're make lawyers look bad brother...

He is a lawyer. With a mind of his own Laughing

Last edited by Me and U on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Me and U

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Atibon wrote:

Having said that, I implore my colleague H1 to stop saturating this forum with his outlandish interpretations of US policies and the US Constitution. And the hazard of your unhinged diatribes against the government of Haiti and its people is that some vulnerable minds may find comfort or hope in your demagogical rants.

Best Regards,
Atibon

I just love my Haitians Laughing the educated one. Thank you JAH there is hope for Haiti.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: