Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - HAITIANONE:LEGAL ADVICE TO PRODUCERS GOING AFTER BOOTLEGGERS
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HAITIANONE:LEGAL ADVICE TO PRODUCERS GOING AFTER BOOTLEGGERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kunta wrote:
H1 if these producers had registered their work through an organization like ASCAP and BMI, these entity would crack down on the pirates/bootlegers under federal laws.

Kunta

I agree with you on that big time!!! However, I really recommend the artists to sign up with these things more so why that is how they will get their royalties thru ASCAP and BMI and SACEM in the French territories. RIAA is really a record label affair to make sure distribution channels are not disrupted with bootlegging and other illegal activities.

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeap...TAXATION ....IS A KEY FACTOR IN THIS EQUATION AS WELL....ONE MUST BE CLEAN FROM ALL ENDS........AND IT WILL SURELY BE VERY HARD TO CONSEAL THE MONEY LAUNDERING THAT'S CURRENT IN THE HMI........ Wink

EXCELLENT POST H1 Cool

--Winston Churchill

Kunta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

H1 once again it will interfere with the illegal activities within HMI. HMI is just like Haiti...the more unstable it is, the more money can be wash and be made through other disguised illegal activities. A lot of people love the unstability of Haiti. The ambargo was a blessing for monopolist. HMI and Haiti = SAME RADOT!

HERE'S WHAT A FULL BAND LOOKS LIKE

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kunta wrote:
H1 pa bliye taxation lol this is why they are avoiding the RIAA. The bookeeping is dangerous for the large money laudering in HMI. You know what that means? NO RIAA any time soon. IRS amd FBI would have a good reason to hit HMI USA hard.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kunta like I said map suiv!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

You know something when they see African selling this stuff to the blan illegally then maybe the light bulb turns on and say we are losing big money. You see, the Africans are probably under the table are pushing this stuff to the blan. Trust me, I got that sick feeling in me with this. HMI boys wake up and now probably realizing how much they are losing and saying to themselves we cannot fight this on our own. Wink

I love my Haitian peep but I got to admit we are sometimes think real small with our affairs. The same goes with the country as well.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kunta wrote:
H1 pa bliye taxation lol this is why they are avoiding the RIAA. The bookeeping is dangerous for the large money laudering in HMI. You know what that means? NO RIAA any time soon. IRS amd FBI would have a good reason to hit HMI USA hard.

You mean to tell me there are some Haitians who are into "MAGOUILLE" and are using the Music Industry to launder their money?... Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kunta, wap voye atansyon an sou "THE BIG ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM" that few want to even BEGIN to touch w/ a 20-foot pole, let alone a 10-foot one....Wink

Kunta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always believe the fans have been taking a run for their money by HMI. The industry is so well organized for money washing, it is hard for the feds to track money to convict a whole lot of people.

HMI is really stand for Haitain Maytag Industry: We not only play good compas, we wash your money well too.

the bootleggers are just a little issue in HMI. The bigger issue can be tackle, but how many big dogs will go down with it?

HERE'S WHAT A FULL BAND LOOKS LIKE

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
Sanrick

Well, it could be good for the bands in the sense the producers will get more return on their investment because RIAA has a strong arm to break bootleggers using their association in many states in the US and possibly Canada. That will allow bands in theory to make more in advances for their products.

RIAA does not protect the artists as much as it does the record labels in fighting and combining resources to fight bootlegging and other illegal activities that effect the music industry.

Haitian labels are all independent and the detriment of that is there are no resources to fight these criminal activities on your own. You need to combine resources and use a third party to directly face these issues.

The long term is and Ti Michel alluded to it that is how with time the Latino music industry was cleaned up and permitted to operate with efficient channels of distribution.

For the HMI to increase its presence, it also needs to clean its backyard up too. The question is does the industry insider have the will power. Map suiv!!!!

What I gathered about this African store, the bootleg problem for the HMI may now extended beyond the HMI and possibly to the mainstream. That is why some of them may now be considering its time to join RIAA for protection. But the way the RIAA works requieres better book-keeping and accounting. We will see!!!

H1, i would like to agree with you, but i have to tell you taht is only a minor piece of the puzzle. But, taht is a good step. However, to really break taht channel, they have to begin in Haiti first. Haiti is where the bootlgegging industry operates. If they cannot do that in haiti, well " se lave min suye a te". To be honest with you, it will be extremely hard to break that in haiti. Unless we had a government like francois duvalier or for that matter a " tonton makout" who does not care about public reaction or so. Haiti is very corrupt country, remember that. Unless you have a serious police corps, which we do not have, or a corps like the tonton makoute, who would put the bootleggers on the run, it will not be an easy taskin haiti. Tout koin, corridor, se machan cd. It will be a " tache insurmontable".
Yes, haiti is the big piece of all this.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jean

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

But one thing is for sure, bootlegging operation may be done in Haiti and shipped to the US, the RIAA will be on that of that big time. When you join the RIAA, as a haitian producer you will need a bullet proof vest, bodyguards, and exit strategy. A lot of people will be heading to jail in the US.

So what the bootlegger will do is work in the Haiti, DR, French West Indies, Bahamas, and etc. The US and Canada will be pretty much off limits or for those involved with RIAA. SACEM will definitely break the necks of the other in France and the French West Indies but their enforcement is a little more relax.

Map suiv!!! Wink

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kunta wrote:
I always believe the fans have been taking a run for their money by HMI. The industry is so well organized for money washing, it is hard for the feds to track money to convict a whole lot of people.

HMI is really stand for Haitain Maytag Industry: We not only play good compas, we wash your money well too.

the bootleggers are just a little issue in HMI. The bigger issue can be tackle, but how many big dogs will go down with it?

Kunta

If some of them go join the RIAA, RIAA catalogs all of your inventories and track them because they are the people that decide who get Platinum or Gold certifications for albums and other stuff. They don't play this junk we see in the HMI.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info H1.

Keep them coming!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: