Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - HMI TABLEAU CHANGES THE DAY GRACIA IS ALLOWED BACK IN THE US
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HMI TABLEAU CHANGES THE DAY GRACIA IS ALLOWED BACK IN THE US
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: HMI TABLEAU CHANGES THE DAY GRACIA IS ALLOWED BACK IN TH Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
[quote="kompamagazine"]THE HMI TABLEAU/LANDSCAPE will change DRAMATICALLY the day GRACIA DELVA is allowed to come back in the U.S.

GRACIA and MASS COMPAS might not be the best or most popular band in the market, but when they are allowed to come to the U.S, a lot of bands will be pressing the PANIC BUTTON.

His popularity...His thousands of fans in the U.S just dying/waiting to see him perform in front of them again....A HOLLYWOOD STORY to tell you the truth

I GUARANTEE YOU THAT.

Songe mwen te di nou sa.

wi, pat, but gracia only will not be able to hold it. Fok ou gin kompas tou. Yes, his fans will really would enjoy him for a month or so, but kompas has to be flowing. His fans love him and are dying to see him, but nan nivo kompas yer la avek djakout- nu look, fok misier travay di ampil, not only giving love to his fans.
But, the first month or so, he will make huge impact. Apres sa fok li poter kanson ho. With zenglen, he would better off. However, Si se mass kompas, bon moin pa telman fer foli. I think the graciamaniacs will be happy. But, moin pa youn ladan yo. The euphoria will be for awhile, but after that foli ap baisser. Se konsa foli te ho en ayiti, min kounier a li baisser. Se pwoduction ki tout bagay la. Bel mizik, son la ria. Sans sa ou te met Nemours Jean baptiste, wap fer moun wi, but tot ou tard, yap dekourager avek ou. Moin pa pral nan bal pou moin adorer ou moun. Se mizik ou ki pral paler pou ou. By the way, gin ampil desabituer avek gracia. Pat, ampil moun ki rinmin gracia yo al ayiti yo wer gracia? So, the success might be short lived.
pat si ou graciamaniac di ou li pa al wer gracia en ayiti konin li pa graciamaniac vrer. Ou du moins moun lan pa gin papier. Pasker tout graciamaniacs ki gin papier al wer gracia en ayiti deja. Donc, moun ki san papier yo ki pa al wer gracia ler li vini isit.

KOMPALOVER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For a MONTH,then JC you have no idea how popular this guys is ,surtout nan MIAMI. si ou panse mouin manti mande messieu NU-LOOK yo.

Negjacmel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I must be in the minority also, I think that Gracia popularity thing is more Imaginary than Real, I don't remember Zenglen selling out shows when Gracia was a member as a matter of fact I went to a few Zenglen Bals in NY back in the days and the place was half empty.

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NegJacmel,
I DO think his popularity is real, especially in South Florida AND because WE keep him in the news by our apparent fascination with him. What I don't agree with is the idea that he would all of a sudden change the landscape of the market with MASS KOMPA!

The Zenglen of 5 years ago and the Zenglen of today are different in the sense that Zenglen has accomplished so much within the last five years, both as individuals and as a group. Now if you add Gracia to the Zenglen formula, he would be the last piece needed to propel the group to the # 1 spot FOR A LOOONNNGG TIME!!!

No one would be able to touch Zenglen with their superior music AND arguably the #1 personality in the HMI.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Negjacmel wrote:
I must be in the minority also, I think that Gracia popularity thing is more Imaginary than Real, I don't remember Zenglen selling out shows when Gracia was a member as a matter of fact I went to a few Zenglen Bals in NY back in the days and the place was half empty.

Neg jacmel, wap suiv.
By the way, gracia popularity is mostly in Miami.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VALJEAN

GRACIA would not be joining Zenglen according to him.

KM!

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, for a couple of months but after the honeymoon is over he will be JUST GRACIA DELVA and MASS COMPAS.

GRACIA'S DEPORTATION was the best thing that ever happenned to him. Trust me if he was still in the STATES his popularity would have been down ALREADY.

Remember how tired we were getting of HIM complaining about RICHIE and everything else in ZENGLEN...

THE HONEYMOON will be great! apre sa He will be the SINGER OF MASS COMPAS.

REMEMBER Larose did it with MISSILE 747???

Last edited by NEGKREYOL on Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so he says Pat, and I guess I'll take his word for it Wink

And the fact that he would not rejoin Zenglen is exactly my point. I don't believe his popularity would reach the extent that you think, especially with a SECOND-TIERED BAND like Mass Kompa...In Miami, maybe, beyond that, even as a Floridian, I AM NOT CONVINCED. The Honeymoon, to steal Negkreyol's word, would be over in a matter of months...as soon as the "newness" of his reemergence wears off..Guaranteed!!

semwenwi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fe phone call haiti pou yo di nou sa mass konpa ak regle, mass konpa vinn tigh anpil wi mezanmi, fe phone call Laughing

VALBOSKI

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To those who are doubting MASS KOMPA,

Musically, Mass Kompa can face any Bands in the HMI. I have the live DVDs of Zenglen, Carimi, Djakout Misik, and Mass Kompa. Honestly, without being bias, I find myself watching Mass Kompa Vol 2 and Vol 3 more than the others. If you guys have not watched those live DVDs, please do so and give me your feedbacks.

Mass Kompa ap demonte moulin Djakout, Nu-Look, ak tout Zenglen. Read my lips.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: