Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - $27,000 Raised Last Night!!!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

$27,000 Raised Last Night!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad the event was successful. Thank you!

OZ'MOSIS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GREAAAATTT, NO MAKE SURE IT REACHES THE PEOPLE.....

mawon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OZ'MOSIS wrote:
GREAAAATTT, NO MAKE SURE IT REACHES THE PEOPLE.....

It is already on it's way over...please check the charities it was collected by
http://projectmedishare.org/
http://www.ecoworksfoundation.org/
and the University of Miami Global Institute that was among the first on the ground and is in charge of medical care along with UM Medical School

dj bob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon bagay Mawon.

OZ'MOSIS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this effort was done by one of the top band so many people would post on this thread. None of the top bands that have been successful in the in the HM’I’ has put a major effort yet towards the relef efforts or the rebuilding of P. AU. Prince besides trying to record music…

If Mawon can help raised 27 thousands, I expect the big top HM’I’ bands to raise a lot more…..

I want to see all the major bands and artists to get together and a major event …to have a goal to raise at least one million dollar…and they can say this wait the HM’I’ has contributed to relief efforts and the rebuilding of Haiti….i would have so much respect for them….until then, I simply see them as people who take and don’t give back……

MaWon kenbe la….

mawon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OZ'MOSIS wrote:
I know this effort was done by one of the top band so many people would post on this thread. None of the top bands that have been successful in the in the HM’I’ has put a major effort yet towards the relef efforts or the rebuilding of P. AU. Prince besides trying to record music…

If Mawon can help raised 27 thousands, I expect the big top HM’I’ bands to raise a lot more…..

I want to see all the major bands and artists to get together and a major event …to have a goal to raise at least one million dollar…and they can say this wait the HM’I’ has contributed to relief efforts and the rebuilding of Haiti….i would have so much respect for them….until then, I simply see them as people who take and don’t give back……

MaWon kenbe la….

Appreciate the kind words...There was a fundraiser concert held in Miami over the weekend with alot of the top bands...I was told it raised $4,000

princessj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going to down the efforts of others, just to praise your accomplishments, that's uncalled for, but congrats all the same!!! For those who think we can't do it, it's just been done. It doesn't matter the amount that was raised, but the fact that the Haitian Community abroad came out and took a leadership role in getting something done to better the lives of those effected by this catastrophe...it is our country, our blood, our responsibility. Mawon and all those involved, you took the initiative and have proven yourselves to be leaders, even if you had only raised $1, at least you did what most people would say is unlikely to succeed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Diva Duck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
We played to a packed house of a melting pot of people,
Mawon chapo ba!

One thing with Mawon is they have not restricted their audience. Their events bring in more than just Haitians which in itself is wonderful. Like the Emeline's and the Beethova Oba's...they've reached outside of their comfort zones for their audience.

Oz'Mosis, while I see where your frustration is coming from, I have to tell you this: Don't hold your breath waiting on the $1million. I would be happy with them raising small amounts one step at a time. Too many chiefs and not enough indians syndromd may rear its ugly head.

"Nothing new can come into your life...unless you are grateful for what you already have."

CompasLover

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW...THAT'S SUPERB Very Happy

Kreyolla let's gooooooooooooooo

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Keep up the great work, Mawon. Exclamation

The best part about this guys is that Mawon did not just start helping Haiti. Mawon has always been involved with humanitarian efforts in Haiti. They are just continuing the work.

Chapo ba guys! Keep it up! Cool

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: