Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - HAITIAN STUDENTS TO BOYCOTT "FESTIVAL OF THE ISLAND&quo
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HAITIAN STUDENTS TO BOYCOTT "FESTIVAL OF THE ISLAND&quo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanrick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always wanted to go visit the DR but changed my mine just recently. Kote konsa pas fait pou mwen.

I wonder how do those artists feel now?

Tamoumoune

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: HAITIAN STUDENTS TO BOYCOTT "FESTIVAL OF THE ISLAND Reply with quote Back to top

RoiHenri wrote:
I was reading this peice out of the Haitian Times and thought I would share it and get your opinion on it.

The second annual festival of the Island scheduled in Santo Domingo next month may mean asking the organizers to move the event somewhere else, according to a protest note released last week by hundreds of Haitian students. They are protesting againts the festival as they view the Dominican Republic as hostile to Haitians.

University students have been protesting the treatment of Haitian workers, and beleive the profits from the event will not help those in need, so they will organize a boycott to force oraganizers to go elswhere.

YOUR THOUGHT PLEASE.

HAITI AP TOUJOU RETE NAN ETAT QUE LI YE AN.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
Why the students come to study in DR if they hate it that much? sa se hyprocrisy li ye.
I agree that the treatment receive by the haitians in DR is inhuman but BOYCOTTING the event is uncalled for.

A real boycott would be for them to not going to school there, than I would take them serious... Arrow

kompared... your reasoning is too simplistic and judgemental.

Plenty of people do things that they would not necessarily want to do under normal circumstances.

maybe many of them see it as the only way for them to get an education. Minm si peyi an pa bon for ou rpeople but if we can get one things out of them... why not?

even here in the states... not to say we wouldn't have haitians here if haiti was better but maybe only about half as much.

AZIP-TIBIDIP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
Why the students come to study in DR if they hate it that much? sa se hyprocrisy li ye.
I agree that the treatment receive by the haitians in DR is inhuman but BOYCOTTING the event is uncalled for.

A real boycott would be for them to not going to school there, than I would take them serious... Arrow

This is a negative thinkin'...

Banish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mwen trouve se hypocrisi sou tout la ligne! Nou tout ki chita la kap pale de tretman ayisyen nan St domingue, ki denie fwa nal Ayiti? Al Ayiti pote dolla yo, alo nap gin baz pou nou pale.

classic 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

peyi sa se pa kote pou haitien te janm pile.

tinounousse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Post sa mande ampil refleksyon,mesi roi henri.
mwen pa pense ke moun festival yo te reflechi ak tout bagay sa yo. Pou mwen yo vle pote yon ti Haitian Flavor pou moun lot bo yo min se yon verite ke haitien ki rete DR traite pi mal pase chien, yo paka gen bon job, si yo fe pitit li pa ka gen nasyonalite dominicain kanta lan batay yo se pi mal.
Eske sa vle di ke pou yo boycote festival nan.
Mwen panse ke si Festival nan fet ak espri pou pote yon bagay bay Haitien DR yo yo pa ta dwe boycote li.
Sa yo ka fe se interese moun festival de l'ile yo pou rantre lan komba avek yo...bay ti kob nan proceed pou ede fre nou yo ki lan batay

queencarla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: HAITIAN STUDENTS TO BOYCOTT "FESTIVAL OF THE ISLAND Reply with quote Back to top

RoiHenri wrote:
I was reading this peice out of the Haitian Times and thought I would share it and get your opinion on it.
The second annual festival of the Island scheduled in Santo Domingo next month may mean asking the organizers to move the event somewhere else, according to a protest note released last week by hundreds of Haitian students. They are protesting againts the festival as they view the Dominican Republic as hostile to Haitians.
University students have been protesting the treatment of Haitian workers, and [b]beleive the profits from the event will not help those in need, so they will organize a boycott to force oraganizers to go elswhere.
YOUR THOUGHT PLEASE
.[/b]

Aren't these same students paying their tuition fees to DOMINICANS ? in what it benefits those in needs? I'm sure they paying rents, go to dominican restaurants, clubs, beach and leisures IN WHAT ALL THE MONEY SPENT IN THOSE ACTIVITIES BENEFIT THE NEEDIES?
Those students (whose major is boycott) need to set an example first by leaving the country then they'll be able to speak up their mind. as for now it's a pure BS

RoiHenri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm kind of puzzeled myself, and don't really know where to stand on this. But one of the reasoning I find to be wrong and out of context is the fact that "some" feel like Haitians living over there have no reason to cry foul.

Well, let's see Cool
I have seen Mexicans striking on the streets for their brothers being treated unfairly. Should they go back Question Question
I've seen haitians protesting during the embargo, and many other times. Should they go back Question Question
About Haitians protesting on their own country againts their own government, should they be sent back....to Africa Question Question Laughing Laughing

LET'S THINK OF THIS ON A RATIONAL MATTER WITHOUT ALL THE EMOTIOMS BEING CASTED.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: