Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - FIDEL'S PATRICK APPOLLON ON WHY HE SWITCHED INSTRUMENTS!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

FIDEL'S PATRICK APPOLLON ON WHY HE SWITCHED INSTRUMENTS!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: FIDEL'S PATRICK APPOLLON ON WHY HE SWITCHED INSTRUMENTS! Reply with quote Back to top

We understand that a few of you wanted to know why PATRICK APPOLLON of FIDEL was moved from his drummer's spot to a CHORUS spot in the band; so we went straight to him to get the lowdown.

PATRICK APPOLLON: "When I joined OXYGEN, there was a 21 year old drummer who I thought was doing a good job before he left. When we created FIDEL, I brought up the suggestion of having that drummer join us in FIDEL because he has a bright future. MWEN FI'N FE NOM MWEN DEJA, so I did not want to be in the way of someone who has a bright future in the business. So when I was asked if I wanted to move upfront, I said no problem."

KM!

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can definitely respect that.. There's a new generation of Musicians that are taking flight.. Its a beautiful thing. Because each musician started off as a seed that blossomed into what they are today. So passing down the torch to a "come up" is something I can respect. These young musicians we have now are doing a wonderful job: Joel w Carimi.. Jeffrey w Harmonik.. NouKrezi's new drummer.. They're all under the age of 25.. but they are serious drummers.. So I look forward to ten years from now and see how big they become if they keep it up..

So good work for Fidel. Hopefully he can carry the band to higher levels w his drumming talent..

Epi Patrick.. front & center??.. Oh Oh Okayyy Laughing .. Hopefully its a good move.

Time will tell... Smile

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon m'apresye sa misye ya anpil.

tre bel jes

Sanrick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great gesture men map mande'm si misye pap Clash ak Dabenz.

TNIKE JEANRABEL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GREAT MOVE DATS PROBABLY THE FIRST TIME DAT EVER HAPPEN IN DA HMI....

Karenay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pawol la bon. M espere ke se pa sel pawol ke li ye. Paske le ou vin devan an, ou ka bare misye deye a wi. So make sure ke nou ba li ti exposure tou.

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TNIKE JEANRABEL wrote:

No way...Read my reply on the post Fidel in Connecticut...
Besides Fanfan of Tabou who left his congas to let Reynald Valmé shined as a young musician...Ti Mitou also left the gong and moved to the front in System Band.
This thing also happened in Bossa Combo and in Djet X among other. Philippe Denis kindly left the gong and moved on to the management team once D.P Express found the talented Marc Bellande Jacquet aka Choupit who is still the best to play that instrument to date.

1Lov'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

STaFF PoZé wrote:
TNIKE JEANRABEL wrote:

Besides Fanfan of Tabou who left his congas to let Reynald Valmé shined as a young musician...Ti Mitou also left the gong and moved to the front in System Band.
This thing also happened in Bossa Combo and in Djet X among other. Philippe Denis kindly left the gong and moved on to the management team once D.P Express found the talented Marc Bellande Jacquet aka Choupit who is still the best to play that instrument to date.

Alors,
VOILA pouki rezon'm rele'w PROFESSEUR STAFF LA WI....
Se Staff yo di'w wi.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Only Time will tell whether the Frontman Move is a Good one.... ...Mwen pat janm we Pere Appolon ap fe Koral lan the GREAT ZIN.. Laughing Laughing

" KM" 1Lov's Hometown Newspaper..

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1Lov' wrote:
STaFF PoZé wrote:
TNIKE JEANRABEL wrote:

Alors,
VOILA pouki rezon'm rele'w PROFESSEUR STAFF LA WI....
Se Staff yo di'w wi.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Only Time will tell whether the Frontman Move is a Good one.... ...Mwen pat janm we Pere Appolon ap fe Koral lan the GREAT ZIN.. Laughing Laughing

Yes is still the Great Staff and so many or few or us beleive ....

Piga pi devan selman mwen tande' kont ... like you alluded too never ever saw a MIC in front of him ever ever .. .Piga Se biznis kap jere' la... epi le' jeune gason yo realize ...mwen tande' pale' ampil selman ...
sa ou we' Lov la Laughing Laughing Laughing

SO nap suiv le bagay la rive' pi devan ..atleast i'm ...sou ti chaise mwen an an wi Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kompawoolala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MWEN DAKO AVEK STAFF LA OUI LA BONGAY NET BRUTUS ZENGLEN TAP ESEYE FEL NAN ZENGLEN APRE LAPORTE KITE ZENGLEN LI REPRAN PLAS LI. 1LOV MR. APPOLON PAT FE'L NAN ZIN DJAZZ TE GEN MEDAM'M YO KAP VOYE VOKAL DEVAN'L, APPOLON PAT KA FE VOKAL. KOUNYE YA FIDEL SE DJAZZ APPOLON LI JWE POZISYON VLE OU KONPRAN'N KAPICH.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: