Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - TI JOE ZENNY DID SOMETHING THAT OTHER BAND LEADERS SHOULD...
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TI JOE ZENNY DID SOMETHING THAT OTHER BAND LEADERS SHOULD...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: TI JOE ZENNY DID SOMETHING THAT OTHER BAND LEADERS SHOULD... Reply with quote Back to top

TI JOE ZENNY did something that other HMI band leaders that have found themselves in similar situations; should learn from...according to this HMI promoter.

JUNIOR DE BOSTON: "TI JOE ZENNY did something in Boston one time that I have NEVER SEEN other HMI band leaders do in the HMI for as long that I have been in the business, and that is many years.

One night in Boston, KONPA KREYOL (Not KREYOL LA) was supposed to have a cd release party. The cd was NOT ready, and he knew that the majority of the people that came to the event CAME BECAUSE THEY WERE HOPING TO GET THEIR HANDS ON THE CD THAT NIGHT. He arranged it and told the public that he knows that they came to get the cd, so he told the fans that the party THAT NIGHT was free, and that they could return their tickets wherever they had purchased it for a FULL REFUND.

In all of my years in the HMI, other band leaders and bands have had situations where THEY KNOW that their cd is not available and they announce CD RELEASE PARTY, and still take the people's money like it was nothing, when they show up at the bals to see that NO NEW CD is available that night. TI JOE set an example that night that I still remember to this day."

KM!

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AH, BON! M KON POU KI SA JUNIOR AP VOYE MONTE KONSA
I KNOW, IT IS COMING Arrow Arrow Arrow

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just like the promoters should also do it!

Pa vre Junior? Wink

RODELINOUANAMINTHE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Si sa te fet vre Ti Joe merite anpil Honneur ak respect.

CAP - PORT MARGOT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SUSPANN GLORIFYE MOUN FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING....

ARE OUR STANDARDS T-H-A-T LOW? DO WE EXPECT SO LITTLE FROM OURSELVES?

So what Ti Joe thought it was a bad idea to DEFRAUD and STEAL from the fans unlike neg yo sot fe nan AMAZURA recently?

SUSPANN VOYE NEG MONTE FOR DOING THE RIGH THING.

Let's start passing out Certificates of Achievements to husbands who have never cheated on their wife. Give me a damn break

Last edited by CAP - PORT MARGOT on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unless the band is organizing the party otherwise they won't be able to do that.....Jan promoter kap oganize bal yo akrek ou pap janm we bagay konsa fe monche.

kreole la#1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gen jazz depi ane pase yo ap fè "album release party" pou jous kounye a album poko sorti. Band leader sa pa jam fè sa Ti Joe fè a Wink

owen1055

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do believe it when it comes to T JOE. I remember I went to a Kompa Kreyol Bal in Orlando years ago. The bal started a couple hrs late bc of sound issues, T Joe perform almost until 5 AM in the morning, even when the promoter and security were trying to kick them out. He said that the fans deserve a good time for their money. He did not have to do that bc Kompa Kreyol was at the top of their game at the time.

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok, kiyes ki te anonse ouben fe pwomosion party sa kom "cd release".
eske T-joe te remet pwomote-a kob pal la tou,
ouben pwomote-a te aksepte pedi kob li peye jazz la.... Rolling Eyes
oh kom bal la te fet kanmeme,
pwomote te rantre kob li nan BAR LA... Rolling Eyes
petet sete KonpaKreyol ki tap oganize bal sa poukont li Idea

se pwomote ki pou sispan bay manti, frenk....

ZENGLEN PI RED

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mande JUNIOR ki ane sa te fet et kiyes ki tap fe fet la?
mon che oh!
Junior mesi, papa
Misie ki kanpe li di bagay sa? Shocked Confused

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: