KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

OLD SCHOOL MEMORY LANE TUESDAY!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: OLD SCHOOL MEMORY LANE TUESDAY! Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to OLD SCHOOL MEMORY LANE TUESDAY!

LES GYPSIES de PETION-VILLE - COURAGE

Kicking off this one is one of my favorite GYPSIES DE PETION-VILLE songs called "COURAGE". Legendary guitar player/composer ROBERT MARTINO does work on this one accompanied by his sidekick CINCIN on rhythm guitar. ANMWEYYYYYYY. The smooth vocals of MAX BADETTE also completes this MASTERPIECE/CLASSIC of a track.

What I also liked about the old school tracks was that the CHORUSES WERE EXTREMELY CATCHY....no matter how insignificant some of them might be in terms of content...it stayed glued to your brains.

Click on the link below
https://soundcloud.com/kompamagazine-com/les-gypsies-de-petion-ville-courage

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

DEntertainment

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yessss wap pale ave'm wi la Pat. 1973-74 third album TICO PASKET sou batri..Wouchhh bon bagay..Pat Courage se sa net wi men se 2eme mizik la "Plaisir d'antan" ki afè pam lol

Keep them coming brother..m'ave'w lol OLD SCHOOL TOUT TAN

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: DJET X - U F 0 10 Speed! Reply with quote Back to top

DJET X - U F 0 10 Speed!

In my opinion, they never got the due that they deserved simply because of the other legendary bands that were on the scene at the same time.

Listen to this track from their UFO 10 SPEED CD. TI GERARD "Prefet de Brooklyn" on the SAXOPHONE, Pantal Guilbaud (Tout Matelot sou control...LOL) on the lead vocals, "Dr Lulux" Alix Jacques on the bass, Lavelanet on the Drums and MORE.....Apart from the Rossignol CD, I think this debut CD from DJET-X was my favorite.

Listen to the song below

DJET X - U F 0 10 Speed!
https://soundcloud.com/kompamagazine-com/djet-x-u-f-0-10-speed

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a great thread and idea. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DEntertainment

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon djazz la li men'm Pat m'panse te dwe head to head ak Skah Shah nan epòk sa paske nèg sayo tap jwe on kompa SMOOTH tankou'w di a Pat m'pa kwè djazz sa te jwen'n jistis li de piblik la...Bon sou album sa mizik pam nan ankò se 2eme mizik la "O Ma Yeye" anmweeeyy gadon Kompa Jeziii..LYRICS: Poukisa lè ou di ke ou renmen'm son lòt kap jwen'n kè'w pou tout bon, Poukisa lè'w ap karese'm kòm si m'ta diw ke'w nan manti di mwen poukisa avèk tout kè mwen chak jou map diw ke mwen renmen'w..Got to Love you..Anmweeyy...Pat al tande'l..lol

Epi Pat tyeke ankò paske m'kwè ke album sa se te 4eme album Djet-X 1978; their debut CD was in 1975 "MEDITATION" ki te gen yon mizik ki rele YaBofè, "Nap Pouse" mizik sayo..Tampri tyeke ankò pou mwen paske'm kwè ke se aprè album Rossignol la an 1977 ke nèg yo te enrejistre album sa e avan Rossignol yo te soti 2eme album yo an 1976 ki te gen mizik tankou Fan'm Jalouz, Reyalite, En 5eme etc..

Thanks bro please keep them coming lol..Genlè thread sa se pou mwen ou ouvè'l..men'm lol

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You might be right wi...Having said that, a couple of legends told me that DJET-X "Te JAZZ TEENAGERS YO. Se te elev High school yo ki te rinmin al nan DJET-X"." I can't remember which LEGEND told me this. I think it might have been ISNARD DOUBY who told me that the other day.

KM!

KingDave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Old school konpa, bon bagay

kompared

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat te bien domi...LOL Best post.... Laughing Very Happy Very Happy

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: BOSSA COMBO "Permanente" Reply with quote Back to top

One of the unique bands in terms of sound. BOSSA COMBO also had Raymond Cajuste and Dorsainvil singing lead vocals. 2 unique voices. DORSAINTVIL sings on this one as this was a HUGE HIT.

They always had a label "JAZ PREZIDAN AN" on them back in the days, as it was rumored that they were the favorites of the now deceased former President. JC Duvalier.

They were also known as GREAT carnaval composers/band. Raymond Cajuste, Dorsainvil, Damas, Mario De Volcy, Adrien...I can go on and on.

BOSSA COMBO "Permanente"
https://soundcloud.com/kompamagazine-com/bossa-combo-permanente

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: DP EXPRESS VOLUME 1! Reply with quote Back to top

ONE of my favorite albums of all-time of ANY GENRE....That shows you how highly I think of this ALBUM. This was the group's DEBUT ALBUM. We chose a slow kole sere track "PRAN SAN OU", and a more uptempo/mid-tempo number in "DECEPTION". This was their debut album after they broke up LES DIFFICILES de PETION-VILLE and created THIS group with a few of the same musicians along with manager Papite Halloun.

THEY WERE MY FAVORITE BAND after the first album...until SCORPIO made me change allegiance with THEIR second CD. But for THIS FIRST CD...DP EXPRESS kicked Scorpio's behind in my opinion.

DP EXPRESS "Pran San Ou":
https://soundcloud.com/kompamagazine-com/dp-express-pran-san-ou-vol-1

D.P EXPRESS "Deception"
https://soundcloud.com/kompamagazine-com/dp-express-deception-volume-1

*PRAN SAN OU: This was probably the slowest jam on the high energy debut CD from the group. A masterpiece, and what I like about this song a lot is the funny banter in the background from the chorists...and IT FITS LIKE A GLOVE on the track. On a STUDIO CD...Crazy banter like " David....BANM YON CIGARETTE" and "Un petit voyage DE LES ANTILLES...et nous revenons en Haiti" are 2 of my favorites. YO TE RELAX BACK IN THE DAYS...NO STRESS...Ou pap we sa canine an on a STUDIO RECORD with that kind of banter. CLAUDY FREMONT's synthesizer work on this jam is stuff of legends.

*DECEPTION: Lead vocalist HERVE BLEUS in my opinion, one of the golden voices to ever sing on a record. Unique....I don't think he ever got his proper props. This is DP in top form with Porky on Bass, Ti Claude Marcelin/Eddy Wooley on Rhythm/Lead guitars, Claudy Fremont on Synthesizers, Almando Keslin on Drums, Pierrot Kersaint on congas, Philippe Denis on gong,...and I can go on and on. PURE CLASSIC!!!!!

KM!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: