KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

SUPPORT YOUR OWN

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noupapemoun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: SUPPORT YOUR OWN Reply with quote Back to top

The other day I was in a get together. I was having a discussion about Zenglen’s and Klass’s albums and the upcoming bals in Montreals. And all of a sudden these two girls jumped in the conversation and asked us : «how can you guys go to bals? It is sooo boring and the musicians can barely play! I don’t get people who actually buy kompa cds and go see them perform live! It’s a none sense for me, especially when you can go see Alicia Keys or Jay Z!»

How can Haitian people INSULT the music from their country and its musicians like that?? Ou pap janm tende yon Trinidadien kap denigre mizik peyi’l ou Machel Montano for example. It’s so sad to hear haitian people put down their own country’s music but glorify hip hop or soca…

The pride is not only to walk around with your flag on May 18th, ou supoze fyèr de peyi’w everyday of the week. You’re allowed not to enjoy kompa like I do or blast it in your car. But denigre a pa bon, li fè trè lèd. Fok bagay sa yo suspann. M’pap janm di yon moun pou li pa tende lot mizik (of course not) but pa insulte mizik lakay ou. Se bay nap bay Trinidadien, Africain or Jamaican yo zam pou yo pale nou mal…

shah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This isn't new brother. They have been doing this for decades but it is getting worst now by the minute. At home if I am having a party, 95% konpa and 5% anything else. When you go to other culture's party, they don't play our music. Why should I play theirs? I don't play that.

lovingyou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Se 2 pwoblem li ye brother. Self-esteem epi lòt la se ledikasyon. Lè yon moun pale konsa kè nou dwe fè nou mal pou li. Se kab fòt paran li ou fot pa li. Jan yon moun anbrase kilti li, se konsa li anbrase drapo li. Moun sa dwe pa menm konsidere tèt li kom ayisyen oudimwens li regrèt li se ayisyen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: