KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KM Underground

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mizikamort

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: KM Underground Reply with quote Back to top

I just went to the "KM UNDERGROUND" section that used to introduce new groups and artists to KM members and KM readers back in 07 to 2010. It is so unreal that none of these groups or artists made it to the next level.

Some of them were: Tempo of NY, So Nice, Unik with Ronald Smith, Melodi, Toxic, Delux, 1st Klass de NY, Chalè mizik, etc.

What have happened? Did they lack something? Are we Konpa consumers at fault or part of their disappearance?

What do you think?

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Blame can be on the top dogs too my friend.
Some of these folks will die before they let a new band make it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mizikamort

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with you. But I personally think that we are somewhat guilty as consumers. For instance, it is part of our culture not to try new things like listening to new groups.

Si w'ap sonje lè n'ap grandi Ayiti, depi nou pa konn mizik la oubyen gwoup la nou chanje pòs radyo a. Most of us I would say to avoid stereotyping.

I am not taking away the lack of inspiration or originality from some underground bands. I am just trying to get some thoughts like the one you mention did not come in my mind.

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you agree that some cretins have no business in the HMI?

No talents, no (nothing) their ego makes them think that they can have a band.....
Income tax money make them automatic promoters .....

Neg lan we Abdias ap fe video li gen kob li achte kamera l epi lage.

Dumb fans go crazy for a few days make them feel like they can be big......

You know how many people who started their websites to go against KM?

underground bands sans qualifications, sans talents, sans rien ah ha lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mizikamort

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also agree with that.

THEREALME

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What r your advices mr philosophe nou jus palé men nou pa bay yon konseil kelkonk.

Mizikamort

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do not do that Mr THEREALME.

This post is not only about bringing solution to why none of these groups or artists did not make it to the next level. It is also about what they could have done better and how could we as consumers help them reach the next level.

I will give you one of my suggestions, start listening to the new groups and artists when Pat post them and criticize them in a positive way. Give them your time, replay them two to three times in a row. I bet you could find parts of these songs that are catchy and made them worth your time listening. And secondly please support them, otherwise Karizma will be the next Tempo, Xtassy will be the next Biznis or Nu Still, and Kazino will be the next So Nice.

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fok gen yon moun ki pou poze kesyon yo, fok moun ki komante, pale (jan ou di a) fok gen moun ki bay konsèy.
Kom poko ki bay konsèy boul nan pye w Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: