Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - POLO PUT ON HOT SEAT BY DOLA MAESTRO VALCOURT OVER DJAKOUT!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

POLO PUT ON HOT SEAT BY DOLA MAESTRO VALCOURT OVER DJAKOUT!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject: POLO PUT ON HOT SEAT BY DOLA MAESTRO VALCOURT OVER DJAKOUT! Reply with quote Back to top

POLO....."PA PARET PWENT TET OU....PARET TOUT KO W" is what DOLA maestro JEAN MAX VALCOURT seems to be telling the DOLA vocalist over his "adventures" with DJAKOUT right now.

Read what VALCOURT told us when we went DIRECT MODE on him KM STYLE regarding the situation. (Read Below)

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: How should fans of DOLA MIZIK read this when in an audio interview with KM, Djakout drummer RORO openly says that DJAKOUT is looking to talk/negotiate with your lead singer POLO for the position of vocalist as Steeve Khe's replacement? Is DOLA MIZIK "dismissed" as if if given the choice between the 2...there is no doubt that Polo will go for Djakout...or? How do you see it? What kind of confidence should DOLA MIZIK fans have if YOUR LEAD SINGER is NOT able to SQUASH rumors that he might join Djakout?

RORO says NAP FE WOUT LA AK POLO in terms of performances....until further notice....What should DOLA MIZIK fans "READ" into this?

VALCOURT: "In terms of what Djakout discusses with Polo, only Polo can answer that. From my side I know what Polo tells me, which was him doing a gig with Djakout covering the Steve Khe gap for the holidays. Were there any changes along the way that triggered Roro's statement? I don't know...

If that'd be the case I would expect for Polo to come forward and put a light on all assumptions so everyone can go their merry way. It ain't that difficult... Until then, I can tell you that every single member of Dola Mizik is with the band including Polo. We are proceeding with the production of our 3rd album and will give the fans a banging cd to enjoy which will be followed with live performances with or without any member who decides to leave."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Would you be surprised if POLO leaves Dola Mizik for Djakout?
VALCOURT: "I live life with all expectations, that's why nothing surprises me... I would not hold grudges against a musician who leaves a band, they have that right... However they have to learn to establish that line of communication... It's called "RESPECT"..."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: WHAT REASON should POLO or any musician have to PICK DOLA MIZIK over DJAKOUT? Just asking you...What would you give as the reason or reasons?
VALCOURT: "It will depend on that musician's musical taste and what type of social environment they feel fitting in. I mean let's face it, fact is Dola Mizik is not part of the top Konpa bands in the business, so it's clear that a musician would never choose Dola Mizik over any band for fame and money cause we sure cannot offer that at the moment, lol...But I'll tell you ONE reason why our musicians stick with the band and a musician would choose Dola Mizik; is because of the music quality we offer.

It's not a secret to anyone that Dola Mizik has released among the best produced albums in the HMI, and we take pride in doing so. Nou ka fe lot bagay yo tou, and even better, but somebody has to work towards leaving a legacy for upcoming generations.

There were a lot of good bands doing their thing during Magnum Band's time... people still talking about Magnum Band and freres Dejean? During the 90s there were a lot of great bands too; but why we're still referring to Mizik Mizik and N.Y.A.S? Well in our era, I don't know who else they'll refer to because I believe a lot of bands did great in terms of production; but you will damn sure refer to Dola Mizik among the few greatest albums of this era... That's the reason why I think any musician would chose Dola Mizik.

I can't really elaborate much in terms of social environment because I don't know what goes around other bands beside musicians having fun, enjoying their success, touring, girls, and all that. But I can tell you inside Dola Mizik, when we're not joking around, there's a variety of knowledgeable individuals with whom I can discuss about anything, from politics, religions, science, psychology, math, world secret society stuffs, our best topic of all time, lol.... And I believe other bands has that kinda fun as well, I have toured with Carimi covering for Carlo a couple of times and I can tell you I don't regret one second spent around these guys."

KM!

1Lov'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well Done KMPat..
Maestro repon ou ak anpil Tet fret wi la..
I enjoyed it..
Only POLO knows what's BEST for POLO..

" KM" 1Lov's Hometown Newspaper..

diasporadyol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the immediate field looks very green for polo
in djakout but but a lot of if's in the mix
polo better thinks a lot before making a
commitment

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: