KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

7 POSSIBLE OPTIONS THAT CARIMI WILL LOOK AT OR NO?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: 7 POSSIBLE OPTIONS THAT CARIMI WILL LOOK AT OR NO? Reply with quote Back to top

With the BOMBSHELL Mickael Guirand/CARIMI news that dropped this morning......CARIMI will continue to operate business as usual based on the note that Carimi manager Fito Farinen released this morning.....UNTIL MICKAEL GETS BACK.

UNTIL MICKAEL gets better before he returns, many minds are at work in terms of WHO would be a good option to hold down the fort.

*MIKABEN: The first option that comes to mind in my opinion. Considered as an Unofficial Carimi member....he is basically FAMILY, and is very comfortable with the crew. Has a couple of HITS in the bag with the band. Has a SOLO career, but we're not sure where THAT is at right now.

*OLIVIER DURET: Would have been the perfect choice for Carimi....HAD HE NOT CREATED/JOINED his band DAT7. Would have been IDEAL....but who knows? Would he put his own band on Pause to see how that works with Carimi considering that they are more booked than DAT7 as we speak? KALIKO and BOOGIE of DAT7's crew are very close to Carimi right now....what does that mean?

*JAMES C: You want a voice that many say sounds a lot like Mickael Guirand....HE'S YOUR MAN. After that, because he has not been active on the market for a minute; that might count against him.

*FLAV: Flav "liked" the statement made by Carimi manager Farinen about the group's future just a few minutes ago on our IG page.....does that mean anything? (Joke). Can we say that FLAV would turn down Carimi if they made an offer or not? Not sure if they would be willing to cross Gabel manager Patrick Fabre in terms of respect...so that might be out of the question.

*STEEVE KHE: To many could be a very good choice; but to others, because of what he just went through with Djakout, as well as people thinking that he lacks in terms of stage presence (Carimi is a SHOWTIME band); that might work against him. Having said that, is probably the one that makes the most sense after Mika because HE IS A FREE AGENT.

*MAC D: In terms of the fan base, and also because he has the looks for the ladies, he makes lots of sense for that pick...having said that, because of Fito's very close friendship with SANDERS Harmonik, and because of Nickenson's "clean/good guy" reputation in the business, it would be a hard move to do. YES MAC D....seems to be a NYC guy these days.....but he also seems to care very much about HIS BUSINESS Harmonik....one that he started from scratch with the other owners. PS: KOMPARED...OU MET POZE....LOL....I think.

POSSIBLE OPTION...Make most of the gigs 2 BAND gigs and have RICHARD and CARLO sing the songs that THEY SING LEAD VOCALS on "Fe m Kado w, "Mwen Sou", "Por Favor", "U My Number One"....U know the rest...UNTIL MICKAEL GETS BACK

Anybody else on the radar? HMMMMM...

KM!

Mr Titanium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laugh out Loud, MikaBen is the perfect man for the job, next would be McD but MacD is not going anywhere...Oli D wont leave his business to go work for somebody, Steve Khe wont be able to keep up with Carimi energy, James C pa konn chante vre mezanmi, Flav te kapab vre wi but fok li ta mache ak yon bwat AutoTune ak Melodyne anba bwa'l lol ...Mikaben got the whole package, plus they wont have to change the band's name lol

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that news might be Closer than you think..

Not ready to speculate .. news lan deye' Razz

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Djdirimix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mikaben is the one,Micheal te di sou stage joul pa nan carimi anko se mika li ye...kom yo di afè klemay ap regle mwen panse li tap byen pase tou wi...

King Martely

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mikaben should be # 1 choice then James C that's it.
Steeve K. Ap Mande bagay ki impossible pou yo ba li so no Steeve khe# King Martelly

D K Bess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A par Mika mwen pa wè kiyes ki ka fè job sa...

An plus peson pa pa pale de MI an ki deja nan non misye...
CArloRIchardMIka

EpiDat7 mwen Diw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lol! Steeve Khee tap Mande on Avion avek on Mansion. No Steeve Khee please. Best place for this guy is a 9-5 job in Canada. Mika is the only one but I hope Micheal is back with the band soon.

Ernst

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 7 POSSIBLE OPTIONS THAT CARIMI WILL LOOK AT OR NO? Reply with quote Back to top

One word that got my attention is UNTIL MICHAEL GET BACK. Pat is doing
what a good journalist supposes to do. However, we can say misye kité Jazz la. Mika in my mind is the choice that make more sense.
Steve Khe, Oli & others in that list cannot lead a band of Carimi caliber by themselves. They'll need another singer next 2 them.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: FACEBOOK COMMENTS from non-Members! Reply with quote Back to top

FACEBOOK Comments

Didier Viau, Donald Jean, D'original DjDynamic and 2 others like this.
1 share

Comments

D'or James Chantè nu vice min type vocal
Like · Reply · 10 hrs

Olala Pite Mac D would be my #1 choice.....!
Like · Reply · 9 hrs

Kinsley Sabbat Pou Carimi a toujou rete se ak " Mi" nan Michael Benjamin an pou yo sevi . Michael pou Michael .
Like · Reply · 1 · 9 hrs

Patrick Good Love Yon sel option Mikaben apre lòt yo a suiv
Like · Reply · 1 · 9 hrs

Claude Fl Sr. Mika Ben would fit perfect in the band......Carimi will still be CaRiMi(ka). Anyway 30 Janvier Amazura it is......nap suiv.
Like · Reply · 9 hrs

Jean Da Joy Pawol la se sa wi Mikaben will keep the chemistry going. Sanble nou bay ranplasman anvan yo choisi l. Min map rete tann frem retounin.
Like · Reply · 9 hrs · Edited

Bel Atis Mikaben
Like · Reply · 8 hrs

Janvier Samuel Meda Isidore What about Mayer or Maher?
Like · Reply · 8 hrs

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Pat, wap veye m... Laughing Laughing

On a serious note, as family man I sympathize with Michael situation and I can relate what he is going through right now. I hope the break is short so he can go back his front of the band. The energy that Michael brings in CARIMI live performancse is unmatched.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: