Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - KENNY ON IF 509 ARE UNDERDOGS TO RICHIE & ARLY!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KENNY ON IF 509 ARE UNDERDOGS TO RICHIE & ARLY!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: KENNY ON IF 509 ARE UNDERDOGS TO RICHIE & ARLY! Reply with quote Back to top

We spoke to 509's KENNY DISMANTLES to ask him the following below.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you believe that fans look at KENNY and MENELAS as the UNDERDOGS in a way because many probably feel that YOU and him have not gotten the proper respect for your SONG SKILLS as let's say ARLY and RICHIE...because those 2 seem to always be the first 2 names mentioned by the fans when it comes to top composers.

Is there a sense of u guys have SOMETHING TO PROVE on the next cd, so that they can start mentioning the both of you in the same breath or sentence as those 2?

KENNY: "Well, I don't know if they look at us as underdogs or anything, cause I haven't put much thoughts about it. But one thing I can tell u is, both maes Menelas and myself have proven over and over that we can produce top quality materials. I have been producing hits since my days of NYAS, NULOOK wasn't even born yet. Maestro Menelas produced one of the best albums to date in the Market with BelJazz avec Pipo "Van Vire".

If the fans put us as underdogs, that's on them. Sometimes, that could have it's advantages... Then again, the HMI is not a fair battle field. If u turn on any radio today, or any playlists today, I guarantee you that u will hear at least 2 songs I produced or wrote. Same for Maes Menelas. So u go figure. By the way, I have great respect, and Admiration for both Arly and Richie. They are both Great producers, Maestros.

Some of the albums I produced, and Coproduced... NYAS " POU LA VI" ALAN CAVE " SE PA POU DAT", 509 "Fake" And POLICE... ZENGLEN " REZILTA... KENNYWAY " FULL SERVICE". U go figure."

KM!

HappyMax

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Get used to it Pal.... It will take an act of GOD for Richie and Arly to give this trophy they are holding back to back to back to back to back to back to back.....

Fair to so many guys a la Jbeatz, You Kenny, Menelas, Max Valcour, Ceidre, Shedley etc? Of course not.

So all you can do Kenny is keep working hard and just Brag: "Sé neg nan Nord mwen yé tankou yo" as this could be a free ride (nan mitan duri, ti woch gouté graisse.

Next time don't mention the songs you wrote. Granted all superb songs, but if you asked Arly and Richie to name theirs, that will simply justify the underdog tag

paysan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bravo kenny, ou tres bien pale as always. The HMI is a jungle, but no body can deny your talent. And you have a Lotta fans out there. Keep doing what u do, we appreciate your work, epui kijan pou neg pa pale de accomplishment li an. Si ou pa pale de tet ou, pagen moun kap fel pou wou. In my opinion, you and Menelas are right there with Richie n Arly. Keep up the good work, nap tann album 509 la8

Polo Valdez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

'Paysan poze kow'

Bel'Hair

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kenny is a Premiere producer...the songs he's written for nya are all time classic konpa material , that will stick for ever.he wrote one of the biggest songs of the past 2 years(my life, 5 etwal) and co-produced the best album of the past 3 years, by far, Rezilta.

HappyMax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bel'Hair wrote:
Kenny is a Premiere producer...the songs he's written for nya are all time classic konpa material , that will stick for ever.he wrote one of the biggest songs of the past 2 years(my life, 5 etwal) and co-produced the best album of the past 3 years, by far, Rezilta.

There were still Chris Paul (Kenny) and Carmelo Anthony (Menelas) when Lebron (Arly or Richie) and Kobe (Richie or Arly) were tearing apart the NBA league. Of course it is a nice company to be.

Is Kenny or Menelas in the discussion if we are talking:
-The top 10 in the HMI (60 years history)?...most likely not
-Top 25?...hmmm, most likely not
-Top 50?...hmmm, still rubbing my palms together and grinding my teeth

Do you have such problem with Arly or Richie plugging them in the top 10? Absof?ckinglutely NOT...so let's give this underdog thing a rest...damn it!!!!!

Kenny is fine and will always be a fine talent in the HMI.

paysan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Adjective wo, depui ou ouè les homes pa fanatic yon moun, li fasil pouw ouè sa. Bagay kenny/ Menelas ap fè blood pressure happy max monte wo. Pou yo ta va ap fè yon top 10 producers for the last 10 years, pou yo Pata mete Maestro Menelas ak kenny. Apres sa Menelas fè ak Album VENT VICE a, epui Apres Kenny product one the best album for the last 2 years. Zenglen " Rezilta" Smh, Min les hommes merchant mesye!!! Pouki sa nou rayisab konsa...

HappyMax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paysan wrote:
Adjective wo, depui ou ouè les homes pa fanatic yon moun, li fasil pouw ouè sa. Bagay kenny/ Menelas ap fè blood pressure happy max monte wo. Pou yo ta va ap fè yon top 10 producers for the last 10 years, pou yo Pata mete Maestro Menelas ak kenny. Apres sa Menelas fè ak Album VENT VICE a, epui Apres Kenny product one the best album for the last 2 years. Zenglen " Rezilta" Smh, Min les hommes merchant mesye!!! Pouki sa nou rayisab konsa...

Paysan pam nan...mwen di 60 ans ou di 10...of course Kenny is top 10 if you start reducing the time period...He may be even number one if you reduced it at one week...ki koté ou wè mwen pa fanatic Kenny la'a....Pozè non ti papa, pa di sam pa di...I thought I was explicit..

One day I will post my Kompa top 50 (60 years, all skills combined)...need a hint? I have 5 spots left and need to get Kenny, Menelas, Douby, Timanno, Sweet Micky, Tony Moise, Shedley, Coupé Cloué in...Can you help me?

paysan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All of the names you mentioned there can easily be on your top 60. You talking about Ti Manno who's an icon, Coupe Cloure, Tony moise, come on man!

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck, Kenny!
Map tann mashindiz la poum vibe!

Payisan, my name is still Zenglen!
What's your name? Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: