Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - NICKENSON: THE ULTIMATE 17 QUESTION HARMONIK INTERVIEW!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NICKENSON: THE ULTIMATE 17 QUESTION HARMONIK INTERVIEW!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: NICKENSON: THE ULTIMATE 17 QUESTION HARMONIK INTERVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

With HARMONIK celebrating their 7th year in the business this weekend; KM spoke to group leader/maestro NICKENSON PRUDHOMME about.....

1) The 3 keywords that have contributed to Harmonik lasting 7 years so far in the business?
NICK: "Different, exceptional, chemistry!"

2) 3 Biggest Harmonik HITS in your opinion in the 7 year existence of the group?
NICK: "For me the biggest Harmonik hits so far in our 7 years are "Jere m", "Obsede" and "Mwen Bouke"."

3) Most popular HARMONIK CD/album?
NICK: "The most popular one is the first CD "JEREM"

4) YOUR personal favorite HARMONIK cd...tell us why?
NICK: "All of them because each of them have their own flavor."

5) Name 1 HARMONIK song that you are surprised did NOT become a major hit?
NICK: "MORE THAN ENOUGH" and some more."

6) Name a HARMONIK song that you are surprised became a hit?
NICK: "The song that I am most surprised about would be Obsede. When we did the song, it was done so carelessly which to my surprise became a big hit."

7) The current active band NOT named HARMONIK; whose music you enjoy listening to THE MOST. I only need “1” band…NOT MORE! Tell us why.
NICK: "Well personally I am an old school lover. Although it's not an active band, the band that I listen to the most is Freres DeJean. Mizen Mizik also. You have my back up against the wall. It's a tough question to answer since I enjoy old school music. My ACTIVE band would be TROPICANA.

8 ) The current active band besides HARMONIK who you enjoy watching perform/playing LIVE?
NICK: "I love watching Carimi, Kreyol la and T-vice perform. If you are insisting on 1 band, I'd have to say CARIMI."

9) The Musician from another group that NICKENSON is the coolest (Best friends) with in terms of friendship….1 person
NICK: "I'm unable to answer that question because I have many good friends in each band. I am a people's person."

10) The most important HARMONIK musician that is NOT named PRUDHOMME SOLON or TALON whose had the most impact in the band during your 7 years.....has to be part of the musical lineup/group?
NICK: "If I have to say someone, it would be "KB" Jean Robert Charles the percussionist. He's been there since day one. He's a killer on stage and very cool dude."

11) Any musicians you ever regret being part of HARMONIK?
NICK: "I have one but I will keep it to myself."

12) The best piece of advice about HARMONIK that you ever got from ANOTHER MUSICIAN of another band came from “WHO”?
NICK: "That person is not in a active band now but he's like my little brother. He's always there for me in any situation ...Dener Ceide."

13) Which NICKENSON do you believe brought more fans to HARMONIK at the beginning of the band’s journey? NICKY “ZENGLEN”, or NICKY “1ere Danse” solo?
NICK: "I would say more Nickenson "PREMIERE DANCE".

14) Your PERSONAL FAVORITE SONG that you’ve written for HARMONIK so far is...
NICK: "My personal favorite song that I've composed in Harmonik is "SA PA BON". The fact that the message was really powerful. And thanks to Dener Ceide who did a marvelous job on helping me with the lyrics and arrangements on it 🙌🏾."

15) The IMPRESSION of Nick out there that you hear the most from people that’s NOT true is “What”? Kisa ou tande deyo a ANPIL a propos de NICK en terme de PERSONALITE ou ki PA VRE….ONLY 1 example…kisa li ye?
NICK: "Yo konn di mwen peu moun. Gen yon gran Diferans ant pè e respekte. They say that I am scared of people, but there is a huge difference between being afraid and being respectful."

16) Any other names KI TE NAN BATAY besides HARMONIK when you were going over the possible names for the group that you remember?
NICK: "Lol I remember one of came with SWITCH. And remember you are the one who advised me with the name HARMONIK. Fans yo bezwen konnen sa tou 🙌🏾"

17) If at the beginning of your Harmonik journey, someone would have told you that your band would still be here after 7 years…would you have taken the bet or no?
NICK: "Yes I would have taken that bet. The purpose was to be a part of a band that would have stability and longevity in the business."

KM!

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

good interview
Nicki is a cool dude
longevity to harmonik

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mesi bokou dwet seles la...
Maes ou pa bien sequence parol yo non...koman pouw yon old school lover epi se ti jeune yo ou plus yande?
koman se Tropicana ki jazz prefere w men se Carimi ou plus tande? Laughing Laughing Laughing
wap fe yo ri w wi.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
antouka.... Cool Cool

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Happy 7th anniversary guys.

Thanks KM and Nick for the interview.

Samedi nou pral bien fete nan Hollywood live....!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
Happy 7th anniversary guys.

Thanks KM and Nick for the interview.

Samedi nou pral bien fete nan Hollywood live....!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

se sal bay wi, zanmi m.....
mwen swete yo fon bel fet epi plen club la.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Merci pou wish la Jay. Mwen panse se pou biznis la li tap bon...Antouka bagay yo grav....gade yon biznis LOL

Sekinam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mesi bokou dwet seles la...
Maes ou pa bien sequence parol yo non...koman pouw yon old school lover epi se ti jeune yo ou plus yande?
koman se Tropicana ki jazz prefere w men se Carimi ou plus tande? Laughing Laughing Laughing
wap fe yo ri w wi.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
antouka.... Cool Cool

NICKY renmen granmoun, la'p imite timoune

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:
Merci pou wish la Jay. Mwen panse se pou biznis la li tap bon...Antouka bagay yo grav....gade yon biznis LOL

Red la, no pun intended. sorry if it appears like that..
Amonik se jazz am...and I want them to do very well tomorrow night...
I was at the New York debut and still have that baseball hat that Maestro NIckenson took off his head and put on mine that night....
I am waiting for the band to come celebrate in New York so I can vibe with the guys...

ou konnen fom bay ti fawoush mwen and that's all it is.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

yef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great interview!!! Very humble guy!!
Happy 7th to Harmonik!!!

-Fabrice Rouzier

1Lov'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Superb Interview..
I enjoyed every Bit of it..
Nicky is One the Best out there, A Cool and very Humble Human Being.
Thanks KM as always Well done Bro.

" KM" 1Lov's Hometown Newspaper..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: