Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - 4 BAND GENERATION 4 MIAMI PARTY: WHAT WAS THE REASON WHY....
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

4 BAND GENERATION 4 MIAMI PARTY: WHAT WAS THE REASON WHY....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: 4 BAND GENERATION 4 MIAMI PARTY: WHAT WAS THE REASON WHY.... Reply with quote Back to top

It seems quite a few industry insiders are talking this morning about the turnout for last night's GENERATION4 party in Miami featuring KLASS T-VICE GABEL and X-TASSY.

It seems that the turnout that many were expecting for the party last night was way below expectations; so we received calls from party promoters, musicians, and band manager in regards to that.

Some are pointing their finger at a successful Harmonik/Carimi Football held earlier in the afternoon, and others are saying it might also have been a packed Carimi at Gouyadville in Fort Lauderdale later that night.

Nevertheless it seems to be a shock to the system to quite a few in the industry as to why this 4 band lineup did not deliver the goods...especially given that the next day TODAY is a holiday.

The number that's being circulated is "AROUND 300 people"....and that includes from people that were there at the party...affiliated in some way with some of the participants (Bands) involved in the party.

Calls to AJ and PAZ were made to get their take on the matter.

KM!

bel_melody

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I don't know how much those guys promoted that 4 bands line up, but for some reasons something didn't go right. When you have band like Klass, T-Vice in a line up, you should at least expect minimum of 400 people for that night. In addition to those 2 mentioned above, XTASSY which is a nice young band with lots of potential and Gabel of course that is a pretty good band were also there. "Nan zone kotem te kampe a, Barcelone avek Real te ka jwe la". Nomalemant zone sa konn foul, men se te le contraire. Mwen pa vle di 200 poum pa trop exagere, but I believe the attendance was at least 250 . GWO KOZE !!

androdro

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bagay la te telman mal yeswa li pa te meme 75 moun pa jazz.
Klass renmen Maryaj trop tou manti pa fon .

Gladmy Spring valley33

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anmweeeyyy m poko janm sezi konsam...ebyen se 4papaya ki tap jwe a smh, yo pat di se yo ki te nimewo 1, se vre, al kwè sa non, m te di nou pwopagann nan te gen poul fini, se djaz kap jwe bon konpa yo kap mennen pou lontan
Pandan nu-look ap kite moun deyò, malere sa yo paka fè 300 moun, nou te konn se po

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
leodor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Animatè fomotè toujou gin ekskiz pou djazz sa!! My niece first communion party last night drew more than that!! 300 moune Ak tout mizisyen moune kap travay nan club Guest lists anmweyyyyyyyyyyy

RICKY

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sa pa gin lontan te gin yon afe PANIC button ki tap pale. E byen pase panic sa bay ti eleve yo

joudre

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

300/4... Average 75.. sensiblement égale a L'OCÉAN PACIFIQUE Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

KOULANGYÈT LATCHAMIMI! Laughing Laughing

Am I surprise? HELL NAH!

Sa sé yonn nan yo radyoman miami yo pa ka kasé fèy yo kouvri sa!

This one will remainon their resume for a long time!

JMacWall

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YON BAGAY KE MWEN PA KA KONPRAN. kI REZON KI FE NAN YON SEL TI KOMINOTE GENYEN TOUT FET SA YO? AN POZE TET NOU KESYON SAA EPI GADE KI VALE KOB YO MANDE POU CHAK GRENN. KOTE MOUNN GEN LAJAN AK TAN DU SA POU YA FE BARBECUE, EPI FINN GADE MATCH POU YO ALE DANSE DEYEL ANKO. SE PA LINEUP LAN KI PAT BON, MOMAN GEN DWA PAT OK POU NEG YO DELIVRE. PIGA GEN PLENYEN. PIBLIK PA NOU WAN SE DU FEU PAILLE MAYI. PA JANM KONTE SOU YO, WAP NAN KOURI SAN KEW PA PANSE...

belfam

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This bal was a disaster from the beginning
They lucky they have that amount of people
Enfin!!!
Mounn kap di pisinn mwen pa tande wayyyyy
Le lot djaz yo ap fe pisinn all the time ???

kompared

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really LIKE the idea of the GENERATION 4. It was new and original. I am for anything new that promoters want to offer the public. The concept of putting 4 generations of bands to do ONE show was a GENIUS one.

Now next year, if the organizers want to continue with GENERATION 4 concept, I would advise them to sell the concept as a MINI CONCERT not as BAL. The original idea I believe was to try something like the LA NUIT DES JEUNES format but with 4 different generations of sounds, styles. Unfortunately the fans thought they were invited to come to the everyday bal. It did not sound to good to them.

I will also advise them to change the venue. TATIANA( a ballroom) is not a perfect fit for this type of show(mini concert). The promoters' targeted crowd which was the college kids could have been more attracted to a venue that is more HIP than TATIANA.

Like As stated, the concept ,idea of the GENERATION 4 is a great concept. Next year the promoters need to make some adjustments to make it work. I wish them BETTER LUCK for next year,

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: