Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - JUBE ON WHICH 3 BANDS HE WOULD INVEST $$ FOR NEXT 10 YEARS!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

JUBE ON WHICH 3 BANDS HE WOULD INVEST $$ FOR NEXT 10 YEARS!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: JUBE ON WHICH 3 BANDS HE WOULD INVEST $$ FOR NEXT 10 YEARS! Reply with quote Back to top

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: If you were an investor, if I were to ask you which 3 bands currently on the market are the safest bets to invest in for the next 10 years; which bands would you go for and why?

JUBE: "As a Musician/ Producer / Presenter: I feel there are more than 3 bands that I would invest into, and all of them would naturally be the younger groups for me. There are many different reasons for choosing to invest into the new, young and upcoming groups, amongst those reasons, are the obvious realities of the "Aging Demographic".

Pat, I know we live in a world where nobody wants to imagine getting old, but sadly, everything on this planet ages...from Human, animals, trees to rocks; however, the natural progression in history has always been to teach and groom the youths to be better than their previous generations, which in terms breed progress. So, for me it's a natural investment to place $ into the younger and upcoming groups like: Karizma, Kzino, T-Micky, Xtassy etc...and also other genres of Haitian Music, such as the Roots/Racine Music, the alternative Haitian singer/songwriter genres like: Belo, Wanito, Ruthelle Guillaume, etc...the Kreyol Hip hop etc...I believe they are the present and future of our music.

In lew of all above impetus, the established bands will most likely find investors much more easier than the upcoming bands, because people naturally tend to invest into what seems to be working already, only the few, the visionaries, the ones who think outside the box would invest into the young upcoming groups and I think I am part of the ladder!

I will continue to support,love and embrace All the current successful groups in the market like Klass/ T-Vice/Carimi/Nu Look / Kreyola/ Djakout /Zin /Phantoms etc but the youths need our ultimate support and investment "

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: PRODUCER MADMAN JP ANSWERED THIS! Reply with quote Back to top

Producer MADMAN JP had this to say on our FACEBOOK page

MADMAN JP: "Madman Jp Investing in an artist that is part of a business witout infrastructure makes this investor part of the problem not the solution. I would not invest a penny on any HMI artist....preferrably i would invest in an organization to place structure in the HMI - like venues for performances artist royalties - retirement funds ect....

Jube is a veteran in this business and understands it well he must have his reasons for going about that way but investing in T-Micky is a waste of time first of all T-Micky doesn't have money or clout issues he has music issues building substance into his craft that's what he needs to focus on...making a name for himself and cut that umbilical chord from his dad and becoming his own artist in genre that suits him should be his focus simply because of who he is the world is at his fingertips....unlike the others mentioned here....T-Micky needs to work with producers that are not intimidated by him understands his limits and produce tracks that suits his range and vocal capabilities."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: JUBE'S REBUTTAL FOR MADMAN JP! Reply with quote Back to top

JUBE's rebuttal for MADMAN JP on our FACEBOOK page

JUBE: "JP with all due respect for you brother, how do you know what Plans are being put in place for T-Micky? How do you know we are not working with top producers ? How do you know we are not doing all of the things you mentioned? Tmicky is only 21 years of age, and right now His studies are priority for me, he just transferred from Boston University to New School of Arts and Music in Manhattan, NY he will be starting in the fall pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Music ! I think we are on the right path ! You just don't know about it ! Perhaps you may want to research prior to making these statements family ! Again w all due respect and love for you and your skills!"

KM!

JMacWall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with both gentlemen, two well-known #HMI producers and #business Men. I kind'a lean toward the set of ideas shared by #Jumbe. Our Culture makes us think of what has been done more often as oppose to what should be done to feel that progress has been made somehow. As for our #HMI, we have a long way to go and lots of hard work left undone. Too bad, the #World is moving, we cannot afford to use the same old tactics,the same old ideas as well as style any longer.

Our music needs to cross more frontiers and hits a different type of audiences if we want to reach higher than the mountains of #Pilboro and #Tapion. With that being said, #Carimi's popularity has grown and traveling overseas has been the key to their success abroad. #Harmonick started to do the same with their collabo with #Alyson , but for some reasons that are beyond our control, they stop. To make this short, I personally think, investing in the future has been one of the greatest tool for any kind of businesses moving forward including our #HMI. We can see there are no more #Zin, #Phantom ,#System etc. Take a look at how The youth supports the change and will continue to do so without any doubt. " La nuit des Jeunes is a great example." Y'all gotta take notice!
[/size]

belfam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with Jube on this one
Great post Pat !!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: