KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MUSIC TODAY COMPARED TO MY ERA ACCORDING TO CLIFFORD SYLVAIN

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: MUSIC TODAY COMPARED TO MY ERA ACCORDING TO CLIFFORD SYLVAIN Reply with quote Back to top

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: TODAY's "music" in terms of bands and compositions; how do you compare them to bands/groups and music from YOUR ERA?
CLIFFORD SYLVAIN: "2 Different times. In my generation it was practice humain, no computers poesies, great lyrics, not a lot of talking on stage, always on time, 2 albumsa year, songs are 3 to 5 min, we also used to have some bolero on the album. Kanaval time each band had a color that made it easy for their fansto recognized them. Each band had also a different groove, a different sound....NOT "SON LA RI".

TODAY...There's some good stuff in today's music. I like Nu look, Klass, and Djakout because they sound different whereas Carimi, T-Vice, and Kreyol la need to do more. Music, lyrics and arrangements need more work."

KM!

Mr Titanium

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

temps en chanje patron, bagay yo pap janm sonnen menm jan...the world is changing..se pa seul nan market haitien an, menm nan market american an si wap tande mizik lontan ak konnyea se pa menm....bon al nal pi lwen menm movies lontan yo different ak sa konnyea....i remember i used to sit and watch movies with my parents...now you can't really do that

belfam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed !!!!

shah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not because time is changing we don't have to accept mediocrity. Before making empty comments, please think first for a minute.

Clifford you are on point. Period.

Mr Titanium

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shah wrote:
Not because time is changing we don't have to accept mediocrity. Before making empty comments, please think first for a minute.

Clifford you are on point. Period.

Bruhhhhh!!! we can't be stuck in the past, TIME is changing, until we accept these aspects we always gonna have problems with the HMI, I was reading an article about HIP HOP and R&B, where some ppl were saying that they haven't heard a good R&B album in while, the bands that he mentions are all hardcore konpa direct bands, Carimi, Kreyol la, Harmonik have some great songs, great lyrics....tout bands paka fe mizik pou tout moun yo chak gen target fans yo, bay yon jeune tande Nu Look ak Carimi/Harmonik i bet you se Carimi/Harmonik yap renmen plus

shah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Every time I go to those hardcore Konpa bands parties, they are packed with young and old people. I don't get your point. Bottom line is when your music is on point, it doesn't matter the age segment. They will come for the music and sing along. It was that way then and it is the same today. Once again not because time is changing, we don't have to accept mediocrity. One more thing, those hardcore bands sell more CDs than the sub-bands I called them. Don't get me wrong I support them too by going to their paties and buying their music as well.

owen1055

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like my music to challenge my ears

Mr Titanium

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shah wrote:
Every time I go to those hardcore Konpa bands parties, they are packed with young and old people. I don't get your point. Bottom line is when your music is on point, it doesn't matter the age segment. They will come for the music and sing along. It was that way then and it is the same today. Once again not because time is changing, we don't have to accept mediocrity. One more thing, those hardcore bands sell more CDs than the sub-bands I called them. Don't get me wrong I support them too by going to their paties and buying their music as well.

Im not even gonna argue with you because we're not going anywhere....quick question for you, has music changed world wide or just in Haiti? like i said before we have to accept that time is changing, album zenglen te fe 10 years ago li pap fe'l konnyea ...lyrics are always gonna be different because we are experiencing different things, they create technology for us to use not to look at, menm HIP HOP pa menm bagay la anko but meanwhile they're selling records....and whatever will like now our kids won't like and we're gonna end up saying the same thing about what they're listening to as compare to what we used to listen to ....i went to this workshop regarding communication , how bad it has gotten ,now we would rather text than pick up the phone and call, and when we text we over use abbreviation but what can we do? nothing it's the time. a lotta ppl use to complain about how computer would make kids lazier, was it true kind of yes but computer is running the world now, the moral of the story is mache avek le temps

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: