KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RICHIE & BRUTUS: 2 MAESTROS WITH MOST PRESSURE FOR 2015?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yo te banm fon ti tandé. Sa kap vini yan ap pi red ke sak gen la a koulieya..
Nou panse ke Klass te mete yo lan kouri, fwa sa a se yon rocket yap pran pou jete yo lan yon lot planet paske yo pap kapab koresponn ak sak pral vini laa..

T-UZ STILI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
Yo te banm fon ti tandé. Sa kap vini yan ap pi red ke sak gen la a koulieya..
Nou panse ke Klass te mete yo lan kouri, fwa sa a se yon rocket yap pran pou jete yo lan yon lot planet paske yo pap kapab koresponn ak sak pral vini laa..

Yo bazz....sere kozew.... yo konen sa nou fe deja.....

DEntertainment

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This post is good in a sense that Pat as a journalist for the HMI is pushing both bands to be consistent but at the same time we the music fans have to realize also that certain things only come once maybe twice in a lifetime. Guys like Richie and Brutus really have proven themselves times and times again that they can produce great music for theirs fans no questions about that. Nowadays what's happening is some of our fans, the ones who can decide if a product is good or not have a tendency because of what's happening at clubs, Zouk nights etc..to choose just a simple track with a couple keyboard/guitar grooves, a half lyric and call it a HIT. So basically a Kompa song these days always have to be perfect to make it on the HIT list. It's like now bands almost have to try to repeat or use the same format of HIT song that they've previously produced on different albums when actually I would love to see them explore more, bring more creativity, new sound without changing their identity in each and every album. Not very easy for producers these days!

Basically what I'm trying to say is that HIT CD like 5Dwèt, song like Rezilta for Zenglen and HIT CD like Fè'l Vini Avan for Klass are classics that may never be reproduced again but that doesn't mean that the groups will stop or will never be able to make great Kompa songs again.. Perfect example Djakout Mizik(now Djakout #1) La Familia back in 2001 will they ever be able to produce another one like it?..Well only time will tell but since then they have provided us with some great compositions/albums like the very latest one"Lod Nan Dezod" to keep us still interested so I guess it all depends on how we see things and one thing for sure we all love great music but perhaps in different ways!

Guys no pressure do your best put it out there and hope that the fans will accept it for what it is..Best of luck to both bands!

lovingyou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mezanmi pran san nou lè nou ap pale. Richie pako fè yon albom ki pa bon. Mwen gen tout extra by brutus yo, pa janm gen anyen ki pi serye. Tout moun konnen se kenny ki pwodwi pi fò mizik sou dènye albom zenglen an ak dener seide. Lè nou ap pale de maestro/producer, souple kite Richie pou kont li si se pa arly nou ap met dèyè li. Albom zenglen an te soti nan yon epok pou kont li se sak fè li te komanse jwenn atansyon. Nou wè sa ki te pase lè Klass te lage. Brutus te toujou nan zenglen. Avan Richie vin nan zenglen, se albom fidel la ki te gen siksè. Tout albom zenglen fè ant fidel e 5 dwet yo se zafè pa yo. Achiv yo la mezanmi.

Gromosso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not worried about Richie. He likes to be challenged and surpassing "Fe'l Vini Avan" is his own challenge. Klass will no doubt deliver another kickass album. Like Doncue said, 4-4-2 or even 5-3-2 ( Richie-Pipo-Nixon) will do very well.

Brutus will also deliver but the band will have to step up the marketing for the upcoming album. Asides for a video for the song Rezilta, there was nada for the album. Also, Social Meda is free yet these guys are not using it to their advantage.

Good luck Zenglen

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Klass is the Band of the moment + they have hitmakers and superstar faces in the band...even with what some are calling lost momentum; they will gain it right back with a new album. depi yo gen 2-3 hit they will be top 3 for the next 5 years unless THEY screw themselves up by internal friction

which leads me Zenglen....their pressure is NOT music...if it was just about music Zenglen would be where Klass is. This is about Management, Team chemistry and Promotion...Brutus is losing the band and to me isnt doing anything to fix things or whatever he is doing is NOT working...Zenglen is a sinking ship or in HMI purgatory a hit album means nothing..they just did it epi yo stil pa jwen Rezilta (pun intended)

Da Partnerz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
my only problem with zenglen is the promotion, I am not worried Brutus will come with another strategy to bring sexy back on the next album.
as far as Richie, well the man got 2 other great composers on his side that delivered hits on the 1st klass album, I bet they will duplicate if not surpass that achievement.
klass la pral kampe en 4-4-2

Richie 4 songs
Pipo 4 songs
Nixon 2 songs
epi saw tande gooooooool golazoooo azooo azooo
epi danje pou lajantine Arrow
I sent water, i don't wet nobody
Laughing

Yow bro, you can just give people full credit like that, those two songs that he brought into Klass were written by him only. #YDWM was more of the legendary Deneir Ceide and #EM, was helped by T-Harold. So I guess Klass will have a great CD because they will invite other songs writers in the project. Richie himself said that..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: