Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - DO U KNOW WHY YOU WON'T GIVE NEW BANDS/ARTISTS A CHANCE?
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

DO U KNOW WHY YOU WON'T GIVE NEW BANDS/ARTISTS A CHANCE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr.Mizik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I won't give any new band a chance because they have very little to no chances of making it in this industry. By now, it should be obvious to most of us that whoever profit from the current state of HMI don't believe in discovering and promoting new talent. We have an industry that favors reshuffling of musicians from other bands breakup over new young talent. Or at the very least, when push comes to shove, the industry will take a newbie (“T”+ (name of band/or artist)) only if a family member’s talent can vouch for him and show him the road.

We have not had many successful new bands in the HMI in the past 10-15 years in the true sense of the term. "Carimi, harmonic, klass, kreyol la, disip, Nulook, krezi, T vice, T micky) were all reshuffling of old talent and not "new" band per se. Like, I alluded to earlier, Tvice , T-Micky, mika are what I like to call legacy bands/musicians. As such, it may be wise or even fair to place legacy musicians in a category different from new bands or new artist.

Case study. I believe that “Dat7” will have a better a chance of succeeding than most of the underground bands in the NY area that are on a persistent vegetative state. Since it will likely be made of it old names, Dat7 will hit the ground running while Gabel, U-turn, karizma, exotic, Cruz la, tempo will remain on life-support forever. The fans, the promoters, the media, Internet soldiers, forum members and administrators are all lined up already for Dat7. Even the rivalry/polemic has already been established for this band with top tier bands. They have the choice of going after Tvice or kreyol la. Please, do not underestimate the importance of inheriting an established rivalry in the HMI. It is an inexhaustible source of inspiration and almost a guaranteed carnival appearance. It is golden!!

By the way, the system is somewhat awkward but nonetheless fair. It works because it more or less provides equal chances to those who are either talented or willing to stick around. The D-list stars of U-turn, Cruz la, karizma, ect should not give up, they will have a chance to make it in their late 30’s or 40’s or more. The industry will start seriously noticing them (the talented ones) after they have gone through the required reshuffling process and all the lesser talented members of their bands have given up. Those who survive, at the time when they should be retiring, will instead finally be accepted. They will form an illusionary “ new ”band and I will give them a chance. Until then, I won’t give them a chance and would strongly advise them to keep their daytime job.

Sincerely,
Dr.mizik

Mizikamort

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Mizik wrote:

Quote:
By the way, the system is somewhat awkward but nonetheless fair. It works because it more or less provides equal chances to those who are either talented or willing to stick around. The D-list stars of U-turn, Cruz la, karizma, ect should not give up, they will have a chance to make it in their late 30’s or 40’s or more. The industry will start seriously noticing them (the talented ones) after they have gone through the required reshuffling process and all the lesser talented members of their bands have given up. Those who survive, at the time when they should be retiring, will instead finally be accepted. They will form an illusionary “ new ”band and I will give them a chance. Until then, I won’t give them a chance and would strongly advise them to keep their daytime job.

While waiting for what the Dr. prescribed, as musicians, look for some women with scrubs, eitheir nurse or ..., to take care of you or keep your "atis" dress code up to date.

belfam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah repons sa simp pou mwen
The new bands don't bring anything new or fresh
Beside Dola and enposib but you know where they are

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: