Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - NU LOOK AND GAZZMAN STILL NEED EACHOTHER
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NU LOOK AND GAZZMAN STILL NEED EACHOTHER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IsaacKompa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Syro, if Arly who was the winner of that night did not impress you, what about Pipo the loser? Should Ritchie put someone next to Pipo. If we're talking Arly was lacking stage presence, what about the other robbot? What should he do?
Bottom line is Arly doesn't need Gazzman. It's obvious he doesn't have Gazzman's voice and his other skills set but he's not trying to be like him. Arly is doing Arly and the public is responding to him very well.
Arly is very smart, what I see him do most of the time is read the public. He can sense when he needs to do more on stage and try to get the public going. If the public enjoying the show and having a good time he will let it be.
That night you're talking about was more about PRESENTATION, as what many are saying that's what won the showdown. Arly didn't have to do much but sing and interact with the crowd just a little bit which he did. This show was not about jumping up and down all night. Neg la tap fe yon lot bagay...

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: NU LOOK AND GAZZMAN STILL NEED EACHOTHER Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
So I watched the show between NU LOOK and KLASS.

My opinion is that both bands played very good konpa that night.

as far as the konpa that ws played i don't think there was a clear winner.

But Arly definitely had the edge because of the way the crowd reacted to his songs and teh symphony and all that.

That being said, I am still not feeling Arly as a front man. I think his stage presence was very much lacking. Arly rete on sel kote sou stage lan and if the fans did not already know the songs, you can see the difficulty he would have had to actually lead the crowd.

I think a huge category of NU LOOK fans are still suffering from the lack of a real front man in the band.

Yes the album is working for NU LOOK and yes Arly is handling it thus far, but for how long?

Needless to say Gazzman needs help... big time.

disip's 2nd album was good. But it did not do what disip needed it to do. Most likely because of NU LOOK and KLASS albums.

If Gazzman knows what is good for him, he will not make the mistake he make when he did not join forces with Richie. On a side note, it's my opinion that KLASS would be even more unstoppable if GAZZMAN was the front man (though I personally would much rather hear PIPO's voice on the klass tracks)

my point is, Gazzman should offer to return to NU LOOK and Arly should accept his offer.

I think both parties need it. One maybe more so that the other... but both will benefit from a reunion.

It's not too late.

Respektè, Siro!
Ou sé youn lan few fanatik Nu Look ki rété sou KM..
Pi fò fanatik Look yo vinn tounen fanatik Arly selman to a point that they want your blood si ou di anything about Arly ki pa lan agenda'l..
It's obvious that Nu Look is no longer a heavy konpa band paske jazz la pa gen yon chanteur konpa direk. Depi Gazzman kité Arly ap mété dlo lan konpa Look la. Et ak dernier album koté misye kanpé pou kont li, nou kapab wè klè ke Arly pa kapab bien ke seals yo di le contraire.
Se swa Arly fè Nu Look tounen yon jazz chansonnettes selman ou bien bay Gazzman mwatyé jazz la pou'l vinn mété Nu Look hevay ankò..

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the choice before us is NuLook with Gazzman vs. Nulook without Gazzman, without a doubt, option A wins.

But I think we sell Arly a little short if we're still saying he NEEDS Gazzman; clearly this is not the case. After losing Gazzman and subsequently Pipo, he rededicated himself to the band, I.e. he shelved "Arly and friends," brought back Laporte, reconciled with Alix to solidify the old ban dèyè and finally took the lead position.

The result: Less complaints about tardiness and disgruntled employees, i.e., money woes (knock on wood) and overall more stability in the enterprise, which cant be discounted. Finally his album was well-received and most importantly a skeptical public has warmed up to the idea of him as a frontman.

Will he ever be Kino or Shoubou or Gazzman? NO! Has he acquitted himself admirably? YES! And IF he decides down the line he wants to add a singer next to him be it Gazzman or anyone else, he will do so from a position of strength, I.e., his choice not a position of weakness, I.e. because he HAD to.

This is NOT your Avèw map mache, St. Cécile Nu Look and it will never be a but this re-branded Djaz À Arly is working. The band has lost some fans but they've also gained some. Where it goes from here (up or down) is entirely up to Arly--just the way he's always wanted it.

joudre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
If the choice before us is NuLook with Gazzman vs. Nulook without Gazzman, without a doubt, option A wins.

But I think we sell Arly a little short if we're still saying he NEEDS Gazzman; clearly this is not the case. After losing Gazzman and subsequently Pipo, he rededicated himself to the band, I.e. he shelved "Arly and friends," brought back Laporte, reconciled with Alix to solidify the old ban dèyè and finally took the lead position.

The result: Less complaints about tardiness and disgruntled employees, i.e., money woes (knock on wood) and overall more stability in the enterprise, which cant be discounted. Finally his album was well-received and most importantly a skeptical public has warmed up to the idea of him as a frontman.

Will he ever be Kino or Shoubou or Gazzman? NO! Has he acquitted himself admirably? YES! And IF he decides down the line he wants to add a singer next to him be it Gazzman or anyone else, he will do so from a position of strength, I.e., his choice not a position of weakness, I.e. because he HAD to.

This is NOT your Avèw map mache, St. Cécile Nu Look and it will never be a but this re-branded Djaz À Arly is working. The band has lost some fans but they've also gained some. Where it goes from here (up or down) is entirely up to Arly--just the way he's always wanted it.

And the judge has read his verdict!

Anyone who dares to complain will be held in contempt!

Case closed!

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, JVJ!
Bien ke'm pa doka at tout pwen ke'w fè yo men kom toujou ou toujou bay opinion'w san objektivité e se yon plezi pou'm li tout saw ekri.
I am glad that you're posting again on KM after a long pause..

Mwen pap mété pawol lan boush ou men eske'm kapab konklu ke'w dako ke Nu Look ap jwé yon konpa ki pa finn two kodium?

Mwen dako ke popularité Arly ogmanté pandan ke pa Nu Look bésé..Laughing Laughing

@Joudre. Mwen wè ke gen bagay ke JVJ di la kew aksepte epi ou te konn ap jouré'm le'm di yo...Laughing Laughing

Epi pa gen case ki closed..case la fek komansé..defans la pako menm palé..
Téké fren'w...Laughing Laughing

J-Zoe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nan denier festival ki te fet New York la Nu look gin premier prix($2.500) hands down follow by Phantoms and Tvice.
Gazman(disip) Pipo(klass) te la yonn nan yo pa asiste tirag....
Ba moun la paix!

LouisJeanBeauge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:

Coming out of hibernation to "2 Thumps Up" this post.
Everything I was thinking of...

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
Thanks, JVJ!
Bien ke'm pa doka at tout pwen ke'w fè yo men kom toujou ou toujou bay opinion'w san objektivité e se yon plezi pou'm li tout saw ekri.
I am glad that you're posting again on KM after a long pause..

Mwen pap mété pawol lan boush ou men eske'm kapab konklu ke'w dako ke Nu Look ap jwé yon konpa ki pa finn two kodium?

Mwen dako ke popularité Arly ogmanté pandan ke pa Nu Look bésé..Laughing Laughing

@Joudre. Mwen wè ke gen bagay ke JVJ di la kew aksepte epi ou te konn ap jouré'm le'm di yo...Laughing Laughing

Epi pa gen case ki closed..case la fek komansé..defans la pako menm palé..
Téké fren'w...Laughing Laughing

Jay, Pa okipe Joud kap few fe move san, brother. It's all love man. We're all old vets (including Siro and defin LJB lol)who came aboard KM around the same time interacting all over the place. Gen de lem ta vle pase ni ou ni Joud kek ti siyad paskem konnen you all know better Very Happy

Til this day, my favorite Nu Look Album remains STILL NEWS, but that's a matter of preference. I suspect this is where you, Siro and I are in agreement.

My objection is moreso around the word "NEED." We can't say the band NEEDS Gazzman--not after their last two tourneys in Haiti, not when they're packing venues all over the place, not when they're performing better at festivals, and not while challenging Klass for HMI supremacy. For better or worse, the general public has embraced this version of the band with alacrity (2 bras ouvert). That's just a fact.

You, I and many others might be little partial to the band's old sound, but that does not give us the right to deny the fact in front of our eyes: djaz la ap fe chimen li.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LouisJeanBeauge wrote:
jeanVALjean wrote:

Coming out of hibernation to "2 Thumps Up" this post.
Everything I was thinking of...

JVJ,

thks for moning out man.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

This NU LOOK will work great on CD.

But live, it will never work the way odl NU LOOK worked.

Me for example will be hardpressed to go to a NU LOOK bal.

I'm sorry but I don't want to see Arly singing love songs all night long.

And I'm not alone.

This is part of why NU LOOK cannot catch up to KLASS right now. With a kick ass album like that, the competition should be tighter.

But it's not, because NU LOOK needs a front man... period.

Yes GAZZMAN needs the reunion NOW more than NU LOOK does.

But the key word is NOW.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Til this day, my favorite Nu Look Album remains STILL NEWS, but that's a matter of preference. I suspect this is where you, Siro and I are in agreement.

Nan album NU LOOK pa gen tankou STILL NEWS menm.

That album still sounds new to me everytime.

Just a classic.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: