Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - 2013 ARTIST OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD NOMINATIONS!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2013 ARTIST OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD NOMINATIONS!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: 2013 ARTIST OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD NOMINATIONS! Reply with quote Back to top

*2012 Winner (We did not do it last year)
*2011 Winner: MICHEL MARTELLY
*2010 Winner: GAZZMAN
*2009 Winner: SHABBA
*2008 Winner: ARLY LARIVIERE
*2007 Winner: BELO
*2006 Winner: RICHIE

PS: Sometimes it is about MORE than what the artist does musically

The nominations are listed in alphabetical order.

A) BRUTUS: Zenglen's leader once again took his band and kept it alive, like he has several times before...this time in a major way; when many industry people and fans were already singing the group's funeral. Determination, grit, never say die attitude like he always says "SE POU ZENGLEN EXISTE...NO MATTER WHAT." BRUTUS once again came through. Doubters should never ever doubt Brutus again after this one.

B) REGINALD CANGE: The Zenglen cd's success was a group effort with Kenny Desmangles taking care of a lot of the songs; but many agree that the marquee signing was when Reginald Cange returned to the group and basically helped put the group back on the map. Singing one of the biggest hits of the year with "REZILTA" among others, certainly did help a lot as well.

C) RICHIE: After Zenglen's cd got the HMI on alert mode, all the pressure fell on their former maestro with many asking "IF" or "HOW" Richie was going to top that cd with his KLASS one. It is safe to say that Richie did not disappoint in terms of what he delivered with Klass and the work that he did with his vocalist Pipo. Is it fair to say that RICHIE is probably the producer of the moment that a lot would bet the house on in terms of delivering a guaranteed hit cd?

D) PIPO: Written off by many before as a very talented but unfriendly and mercenary singer. Basically given one last chance by the fans after they deemed that he was a victim in the whole Nu Look debacle; it is safe to say that it wasn't until PIPO joined Klass that the group took off. Pipo was the key in more ways than one that got the Klass engine started, which then gave the maestro the tools that he needed to get it to where it is today. Pipo had a major year this year...without a doubt his most successful in the HMI so far.

KM!

Last edited by kompamagazine on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

BonKompa29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

saa pa gen manti ladanl P I P O

yef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pipo

-Fabrice Rouzier

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pipo!!!

negneworleans

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pipo

Neglky1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I'll stop voting. Brutus is a nominee......really?

Gromosso

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't go wrong with either Pipo or Richie!

Ernst

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 ARTIST OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD NOMINATIONS Reply with quote Back to top

Pipo got this one but Reginald will have something to say. Pat, I'd put Brutus in a different categorie such as leader of the year if u have this categorie not artist of the year.

nenevice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pipo poze nan nomination sa!

Mwen panse Kenny ta supoze nan nomination sa plus ke Brutus...

ler map gade nan jacket album zenglen an.. mwen we se Kenny ki ekri pi fo music sou Rezilta...

Kenny ta supoze nan category sa tou!! Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 ARTIST OF THE YEAR KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARD NOMINATIONS Reply with quote Back to top

Ernst wrote:
Pipo got this one but Reginald will have something to say. Pat, I'd put Brutus in a different categorie such as leader of the year if u have this categorie not artist of the year.

Ou we sa tou!!
Kudos to Pe Bru for holding down the fort but misye pa jwe lan jazz la e se Kenny ki konpoze preske tout mizik yo..
Kenny deserves some love..
Li tap fe plus sense si Pat mete Brutus lan kategori Manager of the year..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: