KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

A Letter to my fellow Bros and sis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Partnerz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: A Letter to my fellow Bros and sis Reply with quote Back to top

A letter to all of my brothers and sisters who are from Haiti and living here in the USA.
Please look at yourselves and ask, "What's the purpose of me being here?" Please meditate for a couple minutes. Take a trip down to your inner-self and see where you're from. If you were still back home, how would your lives be? Now that you're living here ask yourselves, "Do I deserve this chance to be here?" "What have I done with all the time I've been here?" "Is the path I'm taking the right one?"
I'm sure that you have more family back home than here, so what do you plan on doing with that? Don't you think it's your job to make your family back home proud of you and whom you will become?
Please My fellow sisters! Stop posting half naked pictures of yourselves on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. That will never be a reason for a man to respect you. I can understand that school is not for everyone but trust me there are so many good ways for someone to be successful in life...positively. Please meditate my brothers and sisters who are living in this country. Have you been watching news lately? Have you been paying attention to what this world is turning into? Please don't give anyone the green light to find bad things to say about you. Please keep your heads up. Be the proud nation that we once were.
Please guys stop wearing baggy pants. That's not you and it's not your culture. Why follow something from #Prison? Do you even know why prisoners wear baggy pants? Please stay true to yourselves. Stop portraying yourselves as others while we all know underneath it all that you're Haitians. Do something constructive with your lives.
We've been treated as Trayvon Martin for centuries and now you're giving them more open doors to treat you as such. Please my brothers and sisters, OPEN YOUR EYES!!!
Thanks guys for taking the time to read my it!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: