Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - RAFRECHI LEGEND- WHAT WENT WRONG AT THE RIO
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RAFRECHI LEGEND- WHAT WENT WRONG AT THE RIO

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: RAFRECHI LEGEND- WHAT WENT WRONG AT THE RIO Reply with quote Back to top

The party that was supposed part 2 of a series faced some serious troubles which caused the band Legend that made the trip form N.Y to leave without performing.
The people in charge of the party said that the American sound company which they were using for the very first time didn't showed up with all the required equipments to support such a big show.. On top of it, the set up time was planned for 1 pm at the Rio but the company showed up at 8 pm with sub par equipment. The guys of Rafrechi managed to play 2 songs Tempted to Touch and the new song Jwet la Bel but after the second song the sound was so bad that they decided to call it quit because it would hurt more than anything else even when the fans were dancing and enjoying themselves. Legend felt that if Rafrechi which was playing without any sequence and computer couldn't continue then it would be worse for them since they have those extra equipments. Legend made the decision not to perform at all and they left for N.Y after Rafrechi got off the stage.
I agree with Legend because for their first show in the DMV they have to deliver their best and in the best conditions.
I feel that the organizers need to give Legend a much better planned show with a top notch sound system in the near future. Legend was disappointed and it's normal,but they kept their cool for the good gentlemen/lady that they are known to be.
In all fairness let's say that the organizers are known to have some well planned and successful parties in the DMV with all the top HMI bands and upcoming bands...They often use a very good Jamaican owned sound company, but they fumble the ball this time with the choice of that new African American sound company. . This was a first in the DMV, and let's hope that such situation doesn't happen in the future.

pwen_de_jou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was at the party and I have to disagree with Legend's approach. Yes, the sound was subpar, but people were enjoying the music. There was an american party finishing up when the bal was starting and they were dancing and having fun. One of them was very impressed and asked me where the band was from. When I told her it was a Haitian band she was shocked. It was a great opportunity to showcase our music live and it was blown.

Also, even with the sound issues, Legend could have at least explained to the audience why they were leaving. Instead, they let everyone watch them as they picked up their equipment and walked out the door without a word. I went there that night mostly because I really wanted to see Legend play for the first time. After that treatment, I've definitely lost interest.

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pwen_de_jou wrote:
I was at the party and I have to disagree with Legend's approach. Yes, the sound was subpar, but people were enjoying the music. There was an american party finishing up when the bal was starting and they were dancing and having fun. One of them was very impressed and asked me where the band was from. When I told her it was a Haitian band she was shocked. It was a great opportunity to showcase our music live and it was blown.

Also, even with the sound issues, Legend could have at least explained to the audience why they were leaving. Instead, they let everyone watch them as they picked up their equipment and walked out the door without a word. I went there that night mostly because I really wanted to see Legend play for the first time. After that treatment, I've definitely lost interest.

I have to agree with you on that aspect that they could have excused themselves since people indeed saw them in the room...but please don't lost interest...I really like that band too...and I hope they could have a fair chance to showcase their talents here in the DMV...

yef

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well the promoter is to blame. The promoter is supposed to tell the sound company what to bring.

The promoter should have asked the bands what they require. The promoter should have known the size of the venue. Then the promoter would submit this info to the sound company.

Then the sound company would not dare show up without the sound requirement to fulfill its contract.

-Fabrice Rouzier

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: