KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Come clean: Ever hit a spouse/significant other?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paragraphe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Come clean: Ever hit a spouse/significant other? Reply with quote Back to top

I never knew haitian men were prone to (or at least had a reputation for) domestic violence.

I rarely date haitian women. Not on purpose because ive been with a few but it just doesnt happen often. I have dated women from various other cultures from American to other Caribbean and African.

This bahamian woman i started seeing recently were having a chat and she confessed to me how she had her reservations when we first met knowing that i was haitian but she feels i am very different. When i asked her to explain she mentioned that "jamaican and haitian men were known to carry multiple relationship at a time and also were prone to domestic violence"

Now.. This came as a total surprise to me and i argued with her about then but decided to ask a couple of my female friends who were haitian. Results were rather mixed for the most part.

dalida

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Multiple relationships is almost 100% accurate.
I don't know about the domestic violence part.
When i'm from a little outside of Petion-ville, I did not see that growing up.
i don't know about Port-Au-Prince.

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to discipline my first wife, but I don't that anymore. My wife now is my third. Wink

Je blague tande camarade.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paragraphe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

philosophenoir wrote:
I used to discipline my first wife, but I don't that anymore. My wife now is my third. Wink

Je blague tande camarade.
I was gonna say like damn... thats another way to put it.

Are you really on mrs Philosophenoir #3? I thought it was mostly white men that loved to get married multiple times in life.

MIZIK NAN SANM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well it depends! Y? u might be really upset about somethin n it's after u hit the person u realized it.
I'm not married but I have witnessed things like that,
n I would never blame any party.
For the multiple relation part , again , leu yon moun pran kou, ou kriye epi de fwa moun nan vange.
One of my friend always say: LA VI A SE PRAN KOU BAY KOU REPLIYE!

LOL Donc, il en va de soi!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
by the way Dalida ki kote w soti bo laky mwen? LOL
[

joudre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never hit a woman before,
However, it's like some chicks knows how to push a man's button..

The minute they get in face and you become docile as a "mouton", they will own your ass forever..

Mwen menm.. Menm se yon vye sabo tet anba m'ap voye.. Malgre m'ap miss on purpose.. But she will get the message... Laughing
Laughing

dalida

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MIZIK NAN SANM wrote:
well it depends! Y? u might be really upset about somethin n it's after u hit the person u realized it.
I'm not married but I have witnessed things like that,
n I would never blame any party.
For the multiple relation part , again , leu yon moun pran kou, ou kriye epi de fwa moun nan vange.
One of my friend always say: LA VI A SE PRAN KOU BAY KOU REPLIYE!

LOL Donc, il en va de soi!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
by the way Dalida ki kote w soti bo laky mwen? LOL
[

Mon Cher, mwen soti piwo kan des leopard la.
I don't know if you know route frere well, mwen pase sou kote l'eglise saint claire la pou male lakay mwen.
E ou menm?

Everytime i get in a relationship, once things start to get serious, i sit her and say hey Honey, I don't put my hands on a woman and i don't plan to. But if a woman hit me, i will have no choice but to hit you back. Luckily i never have to hit any woman. And plan to keep it this way.
Once a woman starts talking loud my firrst reaction is always to hit the road anyway. I'll come back when you cool down.

Kompanansanm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never hit a women before and never will no matter the situation. I have dated women in the past that thought they can hit me because in reality after a man gets hit, naturally he will hit back and I always told them the same right you have in calling the cops if any men hit you, I will exercise that right at any time if she ever hit me. Some men feel like its a punk move but jail is not a macho thing for me and its not sexy. So hit me and you will go to jail and think about not to do it next time or control your anger.

Melokompa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never hit a woman, but i've choked a lot of women and will continue to do.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being a haitian woman I will say this,

men in my dad's generation ( born in the 50s) or older, do have a generation to be physically abusice.

I think it was accepted back then.

My dad has 3 brothers and two of them have beaten their wives in the past. I'm not sure if they still do. My dad has never done such a thing, at least not that I or any of my siblings know of.

My dad is a joker anyway so he jut laughs when my mother pran pale anpil.

But I think the trend has declined a bit for those born in the 70s and up. Especially those living in the US. Yo pe popo so they have kind of calmed down and I believe most of them know that is not a right thing to do period.

I don't know if we have made that much progress in the mother land.

While I do admit that some women do know how to push men's buttons to get them to react that way, I believe it is still the man's fault if he falls for the trap. You have to be mentally strong enough to walk away. Besides it is your butt going to jail not her's. And you're the one whose going to have to be careful not to drop the soap in the shower.

Think about it, if you know it's a trap, why fall for it.

I have three brothers and I tell them all the time, I will not visit anyone in jail for doing something they should have known not to do

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: