KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

What is the root of our fatalistic mentality?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seby85

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: What is the root of our fatalistic mentality? Reply with quote Back to top

Although we were and are still in part being ravaged by political strife and social problems, one of our biggest enemy, in my humble opinion, is the fact that we perceive the very worst in ourselves and in our Haitian brothers and sisters. To some of us, we are the wretched of the earth, we excel in sorcery, deviant behaviors, and everything wicked—regardless of their true roots—are, to some extent, intrinsic part of our nature. What is the root of such a vitriolic mentality?

Who taught us to hate and loath ourselves? Who taught us to view our dark complexion as an eternal and unfortunate curse rather than a unique blessing? For those who think that these problems lie within our genetic structure and that somehow from birth we are the embodiment of evil, sons and daughters of the dark prince himself, and nature’s unfortunate mistake, I ask, what have we done to have had this title bestowed upon us?

In my humble opinion, I don’t think we are the biggest crooks—look within America’s cooperate and capitalistic system and you will understand why; we are not the greatest and most prolific murderers—look back at Nazi Germany; we are not the greatest sorcerers—we have not produced any significant grimoires to give use much credence in that realm; we are not the worst, so, stop thinking that we are and stop embracing all the positives contributions that we have made to world history.

owen1055

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the root of our fatalistic mentality? Reply with quote Back to top

Seby85 wrote:
Although we were and are still in part being ravaged by political strife and social problems, one of our biggest enemy, in my humble opinion, is the fact that we perceive the very worst in ourselves and in our Haitian brothers and sisters. To some of us, we are the wretched of the earth, we excel in sorcery, deviant behaviors, and everything wicked—regardless of their true roots—are, to some extent, intrinsic part of our nature. What is the root of such a vitriolic mentality?

Who taught us to hate and loath ourselves? Who taught us to view our dark complexion as an eternal and unfortunate curse rather than a unique blessing? For those who think that these problems lie within our genetic structure and that somehow from birth we are the embodiment of evil, sons and daughters of the dark prince himself, and nature’s unfortunate mistake, I ask, what have we done to have had this title bestowed upon us?

In my humble opinion, I don’t think we are the biggest crooks—look within America’s cooperate and capitalistic system and you will understand why; we are not the greatest and most prolific murderers—look back at Nazi Germany; we are not the greatest sorcerers—we have not produced any significant grimoires to give use much credence in that realm; we are not the worst, so, stop thinking that we are and stop embracing all the positives contributions that we have made to world history.

Corruption is a major part of the Haitian culture, and it is rooted deep into our mental Psychy. If you want to know why we are the way we are as a group of people, we have to go to go back to our roots. Haitians sufffer from low self esteem and inability to unify. Poverty is the bigges divider that people can face. People who are fighting for scraps are not worrying about moral values. The country needs a strong leader and someone who is willing to sacrifice himself or herself for the betterness of the nation. I really doubt that we have someone like that today.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: